UnrealEditor freezing

You need help? It's here!
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Re: UnrealEditor freezing

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 26 Nov , 2016 4:59 pm

0rang3 wrote:
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Since when was tolerance elitist? Don't join the 'poor mapping yet again' group, but I guess you have. Shame.
Same question: since when valid criticism became elitist? I am not joining any groups, I have my own opinion and it is "if you do something - do it good". Shame is that You, instead of giving to that boy good lesson of success achievement, support all his intentions regardless of the good or bad they are.
I'll support anyone who wants to contribute to the server.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

0rang3

Post by 0rang3 » Sat 26 Nov , 2016 11:16 pm

That is Your will, Earl, but, if such maps will be available on server - people will not enjoy the game, and all your support of contribution will be useless.
Imagine, National gallery is accepting all the paintings from every person, who draws pictures.

Map should be tested first. And tested at least by its creator. But what we have now - he's happy to give advices right and left.

No offence.

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Sun 27 Nov , 2016 10:31 am

I would like to remind everyone that DeathRace2 is permanently available.
"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sun 27 Nov , 2016 4:13 pm

On DeathRace2, both teams don't spawn in the same base trollface
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

0rang3

Post by 0rang3 » Sun 27 Nov , 2016 10:29 pm

Death race 2 is straightforward and can be finished in 3 minutes.
Play it for 25 minutes, when you can be kicked from finish from very start.

is torture.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Mon 28 Nov , 2016 12:55 am

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:
0rang3 wrote:
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Since when was tolerance elitist? Don't join the 'poor mapping yet again' group, but I guess you have. Shame.
Same question: since when valid criticism became elitist? I am not joining any groups, I have my own opinion and it is "if you do something - do it good". Shame is that You, instead of giving to that boy good lesson of success achievement, support all his intentions regardless of the good or bad they are.
I'll support anyone who wants to contribute to the server.
Supporting everyone/everything cant be good.

According to Earl we cant say tht movie is bad coz we didnt do it ourselves or didnt try to. Man this is nonsence. If map is bad and unplayable we must not close eyes and say nothing coz smb did it like that. Sorry but all in the world made by someone. And all ppl say their opinion about things around them.

I agree with Orange here. If u do smth something - do it good. If im noob in ballet i wont dress ballet tutu and hoping they let me dance on the scene of the Bolshoi Theatre.
Walkinded is trying to make maps for his own ego. Not for server etc. So he feels cool now, he is a mapper.
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 28 Nov , 2016 6:43 am

Folks, I find the conflict a bit unnecessary in the first place. Simply put it this way: there is no reason why people should be bashing when someone tries to contribute content to the server but on the other hand, before the content can actually be put on server, it has to be in good shape in the first place, which really is - the map is playable, no major glitches or problematic choke points, basic quality (skybox, lighting, music etc.).

Right now I think there's much more bashing than it's neccessary (saying that map is bad isn't bashing, the lack of constructivness is). Yes, in the past there was an issue with unplayble maps on the server, but that's resolved (no unplayable maps to be put on the server). And I think we should all leave on Earl whom he wants to support to, afterall it's none of our business.

d0ge

Post by d0ge » Mon 28 Nov , 2016 7:39 pm

What the hell is going on here, I just wanna make a Terrain...

Anyway, I just tried it out on another pc and it worked fine there - so if I really need a Terrain I'll make it from a different pc (seems to me that this is the easiest solution to this buggy TerrainEditor)
Thanks Earl&Calypto for your support!

Thewalkingdead3

Post by Thewalkingdead3 » Mon 28 Nov , 2016 8:14 pm

Walkinded is trying to make maps for his own ego. Not for server etc. So he feels cool now, he is a mapper.[/quote]
PLZ don't say my name because iam afraid when you said me name coz you are idoit so don't say my name and you are not admin for LDG i think you are promoted for anythink so be quiet thx girl
Le silence rend les rageux encore plus fou 🔪
Retient un truc je ferrai plus d'effort pour revenir vers toi
Tu m'a trahis sa veut dire que tu as pas des rourounette

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Mon 28 Nov , 2016 8:15 pm

i say
"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire