Perma - FrostBite/Janissary/Martyr/Phobos/NewNickEveryWeek

Players banned from the UT2004 servers.
Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Perma - FrostBite/Janissary/Martyr/Phobos/NewNickEveryWeek

Post by Socio » Mon 14 May , 2012 12:38 am

Teamkill/sabotage.
Also repeated quiting/specing on defense rounds.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: 3day - Janissary

Post by Azarael » Fri 03 Aug , 2012 1:40 am

Continued repeated quit / spec on defense rounds, ban will be 7 day now.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 03 Aug , 2012 2:46 am

Actually there is no such thing in the rules disallowing that :/

Eventhough RQing on defense rounds causes disbalance, I hardly find that a reason to ban unless the player joins attacking team. It's just like sbdy becoming afk from midgame till the end of round.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 03 Aug , 2012 3:02 am

Rule Zero Excuses Everything.

Playing only attack and then quitting is childish and stupid. If he can't play both rounds, preferring to create unbalance and potentially switch attackers to defense on their round with his RQ, then he doesn't get to play at all.

If players go AFK during the defense round, that isn't as obvious and so can't be punished.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 03 Aug , 2012 3:24 am

Cough, really? Sorry but I kind of find such dealing as a purely constructed process. :evil:

I honestly doubt that his intention is to create unbalance, I'd rather say it's the old "bored to play as defender" - which however goes to "no care for balance". But if we would ban for that, it should be delivered evenly to everyone, and that includes certain of our V.I.P. members.

And no, player becoming afk (for whatever reason) is noticeable when it's a skilled player.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 03 Aug , 2012 3:36 am

Well, we do boot AFKs, but if we don't know the reason they're AFK, we can't really ban them.

The whole point of Rule Zero is to allow admins to deal with situations unforeseen in the rules which are nevertheless undesirable, and for me that covers any and all forms of unsporting behaviour. Playing one round and then leaving is firmly under that banner.

Which VIP members are we talking about?

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 03 Aug , 2012 3:42 am

I myself haven't noticed THEXalez trying to balance the teams.

Out of V.I.P. it is Deathspirit and G-Town.
Azarael wrote:The whole point of Rule Zero is to allow admins to deal with situations unforeseen in the rules which are nevertheless undesirable, and for me that covers any and all forms of unsporting behaviour.
Agreed.
Azarael wrote:Playing one round and then leaving is firmly under that banner.
Not agreed, given the current situation about the balance in AS.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 03 Aug , 2012 3:45 am

Mandating that players switch to even the teams if they are able to is unlikely to be popular, though, especially as it can result in a double defense or double attack. I think there's a difference between leaving teambalancing to the balancer (even if it doesn't factor skill) and quitting because you want to avoid defending.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 03 Aug , 2012 4:18 am

In some cases it can be forseen reliably at the start of the match (i.e they are all three on one team vs. no know names). Although this won't work properly until automated or all skilled players having care to even it.
Azarael wrote:I think there's a difference between leaving teambalancing to the balancer (even if it doesn't factor skill) and quitting because you want to avoid defending.
Bullshit. I can imagine how fast the kick would be when you would complain to the stackers about teambalance and were replied: I'm just leaving the teambalancing to the balancer.

Way to go Aza. I don't oppose when it comes that quitting on one round is annoying, but technically speaking, it still goes under "no care for balance" (or well you can disprove me about that), and unless there was some other team sabotaging, then I find this ban heavily misplaced.

Socio

Post by Socio » Fri 03 Aug , 2012 7:16 am

Eh... dont go into lenghty discussions about balance in the banning topic (ok

EDIT (Izumo): Further discussion here: http://www.ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1527
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good