Ask for a poll !

The results of the SeligVoteOpinion mutator.
shadownoon

Re: Ask for a poll !

Post by shadownoon » Wed 18 Aug , 2010 4:23 am

Shame really :/

Also it's sad to see that PWC seem to be catching up with us, but their server really is full of fucking nabs, cannon fodders and shitmaps. Compared in difficulty level, PWC is nursery, i get 100+ points and 30-0 K:D almost everytime.

]sNi[ShadowNoon

ô_waffleking_ô

Hmmm

Post by ô_waffleking_ô » Wed 18 Aug , 2010 2:03 pm

Azarael wrote:Ballistic will never be uploaded to LDG, as I have stated previously. Kimi is completely correct: You have to make binds and download 200MB. We have already seen that the filth who play here can't understand basic instructions.
What if you already have files and everything, with all updates? You can make a separate server, ballistic conflict maybe, or which ever has assault maps, so in that way, you only have option if you have files already.
Image Image Image

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 18 Aug , 2010 4:24 pm

Noobs just have LDG in their favourites - they do not look at the server browser anymore. Making another server is a waste of time.

Conqueror

Post by Conqueror » Wed 18 Aug , 2010 7:16 pm

Agree with the above.

A more useful poll would perhaps relate to the maps on the server.

'Do you feel that the additions made to the maplist are on the whole well-justified and successful?'

shadownoon

Post by shadownoon » Wed 18 Aug , 2010 10:56 pm

If Ballistics are added (regardless of the 0% chance) what would happen if not everyone had it?

What i'm saying is, is it possible to have singular maps with the ballistic weapons on, downloaded to their computers if the map is voted and from then on, they'd never need to download anything ever again.

Or just have it on the map and nothing else. It also acts as a 'Beta' to see if people would want Ballistic weapons. There are logs of how many times a map is voted so we can just monitor it aswel as making the first server message "To play on a map with Ballistic (custom) Weapons, vote >Map Name Here< but be aware of the download size."

]sNi[ShadowNoon

Conqueror

Post by Conqueror » Thu 19 Aug , 2010 10:29 am

Such a mutator isn't worth single maps, and I can't think of many maps that ballistic weapons would make better. If they need them to improve, theres clearly other significant flaws in the map itself.

shadownoon

Post by shadownoon » Thu 19 Aug , 2010 10:37 am

Ballistic weapons are not there to improve anything, you're looking at this in a way which is much too deep.

They are simply existent because they are fun to use, not to make maps better. What i was saying is that a single map could be uploaded with them as a tester for people playing. If they like what they see then it'll be an obvious global opinion and it'll fuel the decision on the BW themselves.

As well as this, since Aza is able to add them manually to a single map it means that if they vote for the map they are aware and willing to download the content therefore removing the factor that says "Hey, i don't want 200mb of shit!"

If they don't want it then they can simply disconnect from the download if it has been voted against their wishes.

]sNi[ShadowNoon

Conqueror

Post by Conqueror » Thu 19 Aug , 2010 11:04 am

No, it's a shit idea and you're trying to make it fit the circumstances far too much. The Excessive weapons mutator might be considered fun by some, but its still a shit idea.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 19 Aug , 2010 1:35 pm

Excessive is spammy crap, and I must say once more that we will never be uploading Ballistic to LDG, regardless of the circumstances. We have already witnessed that people can't even follow simple fucking instructions to press F5, go to Misc and uncheck a checkbox, and Ballistic requires you to set binds - otherwise you are almost totally useless. Those who do not want to play BW, which are likely to be a 75% majority, are going to become extremely angry about BW maps, too. It's not going to happen.

ô_waffleking_ô

Something New

Post by ô_waffleking_ô » Thu 26 Aug , 2010 3:19 am

How about;
Should Borg be called to be an Admin again?

Yes, he's awesome.
No, We're full.

I think personally he should return.
Image Image Image