New Home Page

Important news about the servers.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: New Home Page

Post by iRobot » Fri 03 Jan , 2014 1:00 pm

Microsoft stopped supporting the old one.

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Fri 03 Jan , 2014 1:03 pm

Was it 13 years old by any chance troll2
At least on win 8.1 I can boot right to the desktop =.

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Fri 03 Jan , 2014 1:15 pm

FYI, I use Firefox with the "Allow pages to choose their own fonts" option *disabled* [because a lot of news websites use serif-laden fonts that are hard to scan-read quickly at a small point size].

This means that the icons on the new home page all render as empty squares, because the font that I specify doesn't have the required icon characters. If you're not bothered about awkward ****s like me, that's fine because the Yahoo website does the same thing.

I assume that the solution is to use images instead.
1.jpg
1.jpg (6.65 KiB) Viewed 6752 times
2.jpg

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Fri 03 Jan , 2014 1:41 pm

Poor Calypto everyone hating on your windows 8 taste!

I'm pretty sure he plans on making the image something else ldg related. Lets give him some images to work with.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Coi
V.I.P. Member

Post by Coi » Fri 03 Jan , 2014 1:54 pm

It's not even Windows 8. I'd love if it was because all information would be displayed directly :D
If this sentence is false, I don't have a signature.

Nardaq_NL

Post by Nardaq_NL » Sat 04 Jan , 2014 9:44 am

ZioFede wrote:Was it 13 years old by any chance troll2
At least on win 8.1 I can boot right to the desktop =.
so can windows XP® but on the other hand, i just need to power on my monitor and im @ desktop taking 1 sec joinha

U did completely shut down windows, no cheap ass hibernate/sleep mode?

And whats up with this windows 8 look lately? .=

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Sat 04 Jan , 2014 4:35 pm

I use chrome & I'm finding the site isn't working like it should. From this url: http://ldg-gaming.eu/

I get the new site, but if I click on any of the 4 bottom squares I get a 'javascript:void(0) thing, and to even get into the site at all, I have to click on forum, then onto another circular button that brings up the old site basically, then I can click on Portal to get to the old portal/forum. This doesn't seem like it's right. surely if I click on Portal or Forum in the initial screen it would take me to those, rather than giving some meh text on the big window and not taking me anywhere. Why for example on the forum entry (main welcome screen) do we have all that guff and pretty circles displaying 'bans' , rules, donate etc etc. Just have it go into the forum and stop the faffing around. This whole thing seems like a backward step, you have to fight to just get into the site.

In a nutshell. If I Click 'portal' I don't want flowery text and no action I want to go into the portal, same for Forum, I don't want to have to click, click, click to get into a subsection, I'm quite capable of finding whatever I want from the forum's main page thank you very much.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sat 04 Jan , 2014 6:43 pm

What she said. I don't use chrome but I totally agree.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

KvWThomas

Post by KvWThomas » Sat 04 Jan , 2014 9:54 pm

I'd like to reach the (ut2004) server page in less clicks.. Maybe have a dedicated tab for it on the menu? I mainly use this site to check which maps are played & who's on the server. Looks good!

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 04 Jan , 2014 11:43 pm

KvWThomas wrote:I'd like to reach the (ut2004) server page in less clicks.. Maybe have a dedicated tab for it on the menu? I mainly use this site to check which maps are played & who's on the server. Looks good!
Ah yes, excellent suggestion. It's under the forum tab now.