Ballistic Bro Changelogs Discussion

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Calypto

Re: Ballistic Bro Changelogs Discussion

Post by Calypto » Wed 10 Feb , 2016 8:07 am

iRobot wrote:Tracers are bullet trails which show where the shot came from and went.
Thank you :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 10 Feb , 2016 11:11 am

Calypto wrote:
iRobot wrote:Tracers are bullet trails which show where the shot came from and went.
Thank you :)

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 13 Feb , 2016 2:19 pm

Could you please take a look at why assault rifles and the like constantly drop iron-sights when dodging, please? I am finding it impossible to counter agile opponents, such as the nano-blade and non iron-sight spammers, if my rifle, SMG or shotgun drops when I try to single-dodge out of the way.

Also, Greed came up with a neat idea to balance the nano-blade earlier whilst I was doing my usual lament - having a damage output disproportional to movement speed, so the output decreases the faster you move. I'll admit it here: I'm a poor melee player, and the argument that the weapon is fine because I don't get many kills with it doesn't stand up. If an average player (I'll pick Shandris, because he called me arrogant despite refusing to use iron-sights himself) is able to dominate maps with nano, then something is wrong.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Sat 13 Feb , 2016 2:39 pm

so the output decreases the faster you move
I meant the opposite thing. Otherwise you gonna get a bunch of campers behind the corners. The damage should be maximal in the middle of a dodge jump or a wall dodge (something you cant spam) and minimal while you are just running after the opponent and clicking. Shandris is not really dominating unless its dm where death rate doesnt matter (and is likely to improve the score). We could arrange some actual testing with several weps but it requires a certain amount of consistency.
"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 13 Feb , 2016 2:47 pm

BW has intrinsic support for increased damage while running towards the opponent. But if you want it on a dodge, I'll have to modify it.

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Sat 13 Feb , 2016 2:57 pm

If you feel like its a priority. We have lots of weird stuff going on (overtime proxying, mrs tazer) and would appreciate any fixes.
"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 13 Feb , 2016 3:08 pm

I misunderstood you, and completely ignored the laws of physics. But if you do feel increasing damage whilst dodging to be acceptable, the output as a whole must surely be decreased; otherwise, this would just buff the weapon and that's not what many of us want, especially as we can't dodge ourselves without iron-sights falling randomly.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 13 Feb , 2016 3:32 pm

Should it not be as it is already?

When you sight you are trading off mobility for accuracy. Allowing dodges seems excessive.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 13 Feb , 2016 3:35 pm

What's the issue with the MRS tazer?

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 13 Feb , 2016 3:37 pm

Ah, I'm not talking about every single dodge, because we can dodge with the smaller weapons. But the sights randomly fall sometimes when dodging -it can be the first dodge, it can be the fifth đodge. These are single dodges, not dodge jumps or wall dodges.