Ballistic Bro Changelogs Discussion

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Re: Ballistic Bro Changelogs Discussion

Post by giZmo » Wed 26 Dec , 2012 12:06 pm

A49 pushback power and range has been nerfed. Railgun and x-83 hit has a one time effect and you really can´t use it planned to push someone of map cause before that he will freeze and stop moving.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Wed 26 Dec , 2012 1:13 pm

It's funny that those who complain are the same one as those trolling on Cannon Fodder.

I remember two mo*ons pushing everyone off the map & then trying to push frozen bodies off the map with gloves. It's strange that they are the only persons complaining about the HMC nerf.

Coincidence? .=
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Wed 26 Dec , 2012 1:24 pm

The charged 150 dmg fire can be used once, and I certainly do not consider a healing weapon worth a main weapon slot when I can't use it to kill, or literally anything else than my own defense vs melee attacks. Over defibs the advantage of range is rarely used, and overheal (extra 25% HP) is not that much - which is pretty much all it has over defibs. On the other hand, defibs have shielding. So no, I don't see how HMC is much better than defibs when attacking is overnerfed and only due to abuses in several maps.

And I did point out that Cannon Fodder is ill concepted as anyone that goes to the other base can be farmed upon but it's wrong to buff / nerf a weapon based on a single map.

I was primarilly pointing out that two things are abusable at same rate (HMC / Deployed weapons), while one is getting overnerfed, the other is rather buffed by sandbags.

Mecha
V.I.P. Member

Post by Mecha » Wed 26 Dec , 2012 1:45 pm

I'd rather be happy that the force beams still exist. They can be (ab)used in every map, only know how to.

Btw, there is a penalty for cooldown if you keep pressing down LMB right after the shot.
↑ ↓ A A B ← → A B ↑ A ↓ → → ← B ↑ ← A → B ← → A ← ↑ A ↓ A → ← B Select

I did it. Can you?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 26 Dec , 2012 11:40 pm

The force beams are considered a teamwork weapon for preventing escape or charges - the Pro HMC's role was never intended to be that of a main weapon post-secondary rework. It still functions in that role with greater range atten.

This nerf was dealt in response to the concerns of another player and not myself.

Also, deployed weapons being brought up whenever the HMC is discussed is becoming quite old. From reading this thread, anyone would think that I deploy every game. I would say that the percentage of BW games in which I deploy is approximately 2-5%. I can foresee an argument along the lines of the following: "b-but our hmc usage rates are even lower!!!" That's because HMC abuse only works on certain maps, and considering ONLY those maps, I'd say HMC usage among trolls was 95%.

When the Firestorm was OP, around 40% of the server's users were maining it within a day of the patch which broke it. I don't see many deployed weapons around.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 31 Dec , 2012 12:26 am

Score should affect skill.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 31 Dec , 2012 12:28 am

Weapon choice should affect skill. FOTM weapons should lower skill.

Enjoy being <4, Firestorm/M50/X4 Knife users.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Mon 31 Dec , 2012 3:33 pm

Tomorrow is the beginning of the new year; can we have that Gauss rifle which looks so nice <3
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 31 Dec , 2012 4:18 pm

Some bugs:

- In 3SPN camping damage type will now tele you and freeze you, instead of killing you. Probably because the killing blow is for 1000 dmg w/o instigator.
- G28 Gas doesn't look like flammable, it just pops but no fire.
- SK-410 has M50 specified as weapon in its damage type.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 31 Dec , 2012 4:38 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:Some bugs:

- In 3SPN camping damage type will now tele you and freeze you, instead of killing you. Probably because the killing blow is for 1000 dmg w/o instigator.
- G28 Gas doesn't look like flammable, it just pops but no fire.
- SK-410 has M50 specified as weapon in its damage type.
This is a positive actually. If people are so against players being Dead then its better that they are frozen if excessive camping.