The general concept of EFR

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: The general concept of EFR

Post by Azarael » Mon 12 May , 2014 1:55 pm

Experience teaches that any available abuse will be exploited by someone, somewhere.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Mon 12 May , 2014 1:58 pm

Azarael wrote:Seriousness is what the forum is for. You never seem to get that. I say what I want in game or in TS, but what is written here is what matters.
When I see other admins' *cough Izumo* posts I don't get it indeed.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 12 May , 2014 2:00 pm

That Izumo sets a poor example for good posting is obvious, but that's got nothing to do with how I conduct myself here. He is the exception.

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Mon 12 May , 2014 2:22 pm

Azarael wrote:Experience teaches that any available abuse will be exploited by someone, somewhere.

Experience will come when u try to start it and test it online ! Give it a try?

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 12 May , 2014 2:26 pm

I think EFR is ok as is, the only thing is the skill system requires you to play "often" at least once every 4 weeks for your skill to be held. If you don't count EFR games for this, you'll need to play without EFR to keep your skill value.

Is ok to have a break for some maps, sometimes I just EFR because I know from the beginning my score will be shitty by experience (Certain maps give me huge delay)... but I take the chance to try weapons or tactics, so If I want to stay playing those maps or trying such tactics EFR is my option if possible. Else most likely I would spec the match or go to invasion where I don't mind being delayed...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 12 May , 2014 3:00 pm

@Capaco: It works the way it does to prevent EFR from being abused. If you gain skill from killing an EFRed player but the other player loses none, it can be abused to farm skill.
It would lead to inflation of skill values.

One kill would be entering the "skill economy" but no balancing death. That is what I believe he meant by farming skill.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Mon 12 May , 2014 3:05 pm

For one last time i try to suggest that the skill is completly removed from ingame and just used for the balancer.
And those who care about their skill and need to pint it on the refrigerator can still use the skilltable on forum.
With that solution EFR can be removed entirely or in special cases used by Aza to test weapons (should be broadcasted ingame like EFR)
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Mon 12 May , 2014 3:16 pm

giZmo wrote:For one last time i try to suggest that the skill is completly removed from ingame and just used for the balancer.
And those who care about their skill and need to pint it on the refrigerator can still use the skilltable on forum.
With that solution EFR can be removed entirely or in special cases used by Aza to test weapons (should be broadcasted ingame like EFR)

.= --> :!:

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 12 May , 2014 3:16 pm

giZmo wrote:And those who care about their skill and need to pint it on the refrigerator.
:mrgreen:

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Takeo » Mon 12 May , 2014 3:31 pm

What about an EFR mode like we have OLDZ? Either everybody would have vote for it or after an update, the server would become EFR only for a day or a few hours. (The latter requires updates to be made less frequently I guess)