Blade Weapon Concepts

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
BladeSword

Blade Weapon Concepts

Post by BladeSword » Sat 08 Nov , 2014 5:04 am

I will post some weapon concepts and see if people would like them or not and if they can refine the idea behind them if you think my original idea wasn't good enough.

Weapon Concept A

Kinetic Rocket Sniper Rifle

Purpose: a projectile based semi automatic sniper that does about low damage at short range and high damage at long range. Conceptually based on the real weapon called Gyrojet.
Characteristics of the weapon the weapon will have low recoil and require skill due to the projectile nature of the projectile. The projectile once destroyed will send some shrapnel behind walls

Primary fire: shoots a very fast accelerating kinetic rocket I think its damage won't exceed 85 damage at optimal range and do about 20 - 25 damage at short range
Alt fire is prefenciably a steering mode for the rocket. The reason is probably because people would be able to make a shot impossible to do while using the semi auto
So the possibilities are high from redeemer steering, laser beam steering, tag+ seeking, AVRiL style of traking
Special, I have nothing for that one but possibilities does exist

Weapon Concept B

SMG with bola launcher (Piano Wire)

Purpose: a more or less traditional SMG with a wide horizontal alternate attack
The weapon can be either a classical SMG or having something like PDW rounds with light wall / armor piercing abilities
The weapon will be more or less a normal SMG with its own character while featuring the Bola launcher, the bola launcher can damage 3 people max if they are on the projectile's path

Primary fire, Select Fire SMG
Alt Fire, Single shot Bolo rounds
Special: Supressor

Weapon Concept C

This one isn't completely mine but hey whatever :P

Skrith HyperBlaster

Purpose: support high rate of fire plasma weapon with through walls ability and curved stream for artillery support
The scope can see tagged targets by allies
Primary fire: high rate of fire through thin wall plasma
Alt: shoots a stream that curves after a long range
Special: no idea

Weapon Concept D

Portable Particle cannon / Beam cannon

Purpose big laser cannon KS2 weapon 11111

Primary: shoots a charging wide constant laser attack that can't be interrupted after activation
Secondary: shoots straight line stream of particles
Special: shoots short range expanding circles around the player.

BladeSword

Re: Blade Weapon Concepts

Post by BladeSword » Tue 11 Nov , 2014 6:08 pm

I will continue with a few weapons of mine

Weapon Concept E

Deflective Plasma Repeater (one of my most original concepts too)

Magazine 40 (40 auto shots, 4 gravity balls)
Fire modes: Straight plasma shot, Arced path
Primary: full auto select fire
Alt Fire shoots a medium "Black hole/gravity" ball and when people stop to maintain alt freezes its position in mid air.
Repressing alt fire detonates it.
Shooting Primary fire around it allows to use it as a shot deflecter
ImageImage
I have nothing for special fire though

Weapon Concept F

Skorpion Laser Wall Launcher "Skrith Rocket Launcher"

Magazine: 8 (4 primary shots 8 secondary with 2 in quick succession)
Primary Fire shoots two stakes linked with a beam with an offest of 15° - 25° towards the aim center making it's deployment expanding like a triangle
Alt Fire Shots individual stakes forward
Spacial no Idea
Melee use it's two launching platforms in an open pincer manner with an energy beam in between to damage enemies.

Weapon Concept G

Skrith Javelin

Magazine: Self recharging energy and itself
Fire modes: Normal - Stealth (makes player invisible and silent with sound dampener) Stealth is limited in energy, and can't be used with the energy blade on
Primary fire fast attack with an energy beam
Alt: Pole attack with strong beam
Combo alt plus pri launches the weapon in a javelin manner
Special: Shield mode

Weapon Concept H

Nail machinegun.

Magazine: 90
Fire modes Straight Forward, Deviated
Primary, Select Fire Automatic nail launching
Alt: Shoots a sticky fragmentation nail grenade
Special: Allow to create a desired path for the deviated fire mode can be used while firing and requires aim for deviation, taping special resets the deviation to center

The nails while planted on the ground can slow down people and damage them

Weapon Concept I

Autolaser (Laser assault rifle)

Magazines: 100 batteries / 5 Ion charges
Primary: Full auto 1400 RPM (10 first shots with moderate recoil and after with higher) Hyperburst 5 shots at 2900 RPM Single shot using 4 energy charges to perform.
Secondary: Ion ball that causes damage and stick on sufaces being a damage source with bonus against vehicles
Special: "Plasma grenade" (20 laser - 1 Ion)
Overheats
Full auto and Hyperburst uses 2 charges per beam

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Tue 02 Dec , 2014 6:16 pm

Sorry I haven't replied instantly, I have been very busy over the past couple of weeks.

I actually saw the idea of "The Gravity Ball" on the runestorm forums the day before you posted information about it on these forums and I have to say, its a unique idea. The Gravity ball caught my idea as it could be used in many ways. I kind of get the idea of the Gravity ball at the moment but I feel like it is a small copy to the black hole that is created by the Dark star and the Nova Staff. I thought it would be more of a centre of gravity which would attract projectiles such as the FP7 or the Grenade and when you were to detonate the Gravity Ball, it would send out a shockwave shrapnel of all the collected inactive Grenades hurling towards the enemy (This was my idea of what the Gravity ball was). Having it where you were to let go of the Alt key would be a great way to stop spammers as those kind of people just spam the RMB and hope for the best.

The idea that I don't like the sound of is the "Bola launcher".
Having its "Armour piercing" ability (IMO) may cause problems because people use booster to get that extra defence against heavy artillery such as Grenades or Rockets. Having a gun which goes straight through armour may be a little overpowered. Maybe the bolo rounds could be Armour heavy damage but very light damage against the bones and flesh, like if you were to use a grenade or a rocket to get rid of the armour.

Overall, those ideas sound awesome and cant wait to see them in action in both PRO and TOWP.
Also, welcome to the community since I never posted on that because I don't speak French
(=

BladeSword

Post by BladeSword » Wed 03 Dec , 2014 1:04 pm

Heh thanks :). Any ideas here are meant to be judged anyways. I also discuss with other developing people about them so they do come in a more refined than when I tell initially about them. The AP was supposed to be light but well it's more about getting more penetration than other SMGs than being something that ignore armor. The bola launcher is more meant to give a high "in line" and wide damaging projectile pattern than anything else so yeah.
Also if anyone got some ideas just toss something ^^. The only rule is be original with your concept

Qriminal

Post by Qriminal » Fri 20 Feb , 2015 8:26 pm

Bolo launcher is an excellent idea. I very much would like to see that.
Velocitas Eradico - "I, [who am] speed, eradicate"

BladeSword

Post by BladeSword » Wed 11 Mar , 2015 11:36 pm

Weapon concept J
Slug shotgun
Accurate shotgun for short to medium range engagements

Primary shoots a conventional powerful slug with low penetration
Secondary shoots a deployed slug in a star shape with wires thus giving a wide print in a cylindrical pattern instead of the usual expanding cone from the classic shotguns

Weapon concept K
Sound cannon
Weapon made up to disturb and maybe distract enemies with light explosive effect on its combat mode

Primary fire shoots a sonic boom with low damage and disorienting effect
Alt shoots a vibrant beam that can reduce enemy accuracy while on the effect of the beam
Special shoots battle sounds that can "bounce of walls".

Weapon concept L
Nuclear Neutron Projector Cannon
An other KS2 weapon

Primary: launches a powerful micro generated magnetar with very light gravity effect but that shoots beams / lightning around to hit nearby foes
Alt: Shoots incendiary plasma balls
Special: launches a fragmentary plasma ball with bouncing plasma fragments.

BladeSword

Post by BladeSword » Sun 17 May , 2015 4:42 pm

I will submit concepts maybe some of these might be controversial, but whatever.

Weapon concept M

Net gun / Web gun
This weapon is supposed to make the movement slower and erratic, so when you move your aim will be displaced and have some grid on your screen
To get out the net you either need to wait a certain time, or use your melee options, you can still fire through, but as it disturbs movement it won't make combat very advantageous.

I originally wanted this to freeze people in place, but after discussion with people on the chat they told me that this weapon will lead to a lot of whining and a lot frustration so I try with this kind of behavior hoping that people will find it interesting and maybe improve the ideas.

The other functions are grappling hook and special gives more distance
The net gun is slow to fire, it's a bit like a single shot riotgun with a very wide spread.

Weapon concept N

Fragmentation cannon
This weapon is a steel dart launcher / fragmentation rocket launcher it doesn't have much splash damage because its fragments does the job, the weapon can do about 200 damage just like the flak
The weapon can hold 4 shots before reloading

primary: slow darts in a shotgun pattern
alt fragmentation rocket
Special airburst rocket press special, hold it until you want to make the rocket explode.

Weapon concept O

Cannon ball
This weapon can launch cannon balls that rolls over people, it requires precision and it bounces, however when it looses momentum it looses strength, you can use it's special laser to direct it and so give it some momentum and then it crushes people like a vehicle will do. it can be targeted with heat seeking weapons and it's alt it's about making an explosion inside the cannon, it can vaporize people but it require some time after ignition it drops a few lead fragments
After a few minutes balls does explode and you can only control one ball at a time
So to control a ball present on the terrain you need to tag the ball with the beam and then move around

Primary shoot a cannon ball
Secondary inside barrel explosion
Special: beam to control a ball

RoaringGnat

Post by RoaringGnat » Sun 17 May , 2015 5:33 pm

Very interesting and informative, Blade. Thanks for sharing.

BladeSword

Post by BladeSword » Sun 17 May , 2015 8:03 pm

If people think there is a way to improve certain ideas just tell, I try to make them good and be fun gameplay wise but I think people's input is a good thing as well :)

BladeSword

Post by BladeSword » Sat 07 Jan , 2017 8:05 pm

Weapon concept P

Mini Cannon ball
A derivative from my earlier cannon ball concept, it's inspired by bulletstorm's bouncer but with a lot more pinball within it.
This weapon can be very slow or moderate, the charged modes allow to charge up power and speed to the cannon balls while the other mode is quite weak but allows to reach a good close range rate of fire.

Fire modes Charged Shot, Default semi auto
Primary, Fires a powerful bouncy ball that hits people with a lot of force
Alt: Shoots a lightly thrown ball with a lot of charged inertia that creates earth shakes damaging everything nearby even behind walls
Special: Uses a beam to direct the balls

Weapon concept Q

Ramjet Cannon
A very similar concept but with single shot ramjet rockets.
It's a great anti vehicle sniper, it can push away smaller vehicles if hit straight.
it uses a sabot mode and ramjet mode.
The sabot generates a lot of recoil while the ramjet does less but gain speed and power over time
The sabot does 200 damage while the ramjet ranges from 120 to 600

Fire modes: None
Primary, Fires a sabot with a cartridge ejection
Alt: Shoots a ramjet accelerating projectile with a bit of splash damage
Special: Turret mode

I feel a bit uninspired here :| but hey happy new here :D