Tactical Shadows: How to

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Calypto

Tactical Shadows: How to

Post by Calypto » Fri 03 Jul , 2015 4:17 am

As an addition of Megafun Freon, tactical shadows are your new best friend in terms of gameplay. Skrilax will be your assistant throughout this guide.

How do I become stealthy? (Click)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Tactical Shadows: How to

Post by iRobot » Fri 03 Jul , 2015 11:41 am

Moral of the story: Watch out for black people who might jump you.

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Fri 03 Jul , 2015 11:22 pm

Thats a pretty cool addition. Would it shadow the nanoblade? Just wondering.
"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Sat 04 Jul , 2015 12:00 am

Character visibility which was one of our concerns for quite a while reduced greatly. I'm against this. Just in case anybody cares.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 04 Jul , 2015 1:43 am

Greedisgood wrote:Thats a pretty cool addition. Would it shadow the nanoblade? Just wondering.
Nope, since it glows. This goes for weapons with shaders.
Aberiu wrote:Character visibility which was one of our concerns for quite a while reduced greatly. I'm against this. Just in case anybody cares.
I know, you guys lightened some characters and I just shit all over your work (= BW OLDZ is for the weekend only.

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Sat 04 Jul , 2015 12:06 pm

I think it should stay. Especially in the current conditions regarding update frequency. Made me actually consider my positioning (against the one hiding) instead of routinely jumping around avoiding bullets. And the flashlight on the MRS will finally get some use. Can we do a poll?

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 04 Jul , 2015 2:17 pm

I agree with Aberiu. From my experience last night it made the best players better and the worst players worse - you're practically invisible in some places. Nice idea however.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

BladeSword

Post by BladeSword » Sat 04 Jul , 2015 3:28 pm

So people wants to make BW Pro a camping fest ?
You know this is supposed to be a fast paced fighting game, not a hide and seek ....

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Sat 04 Jul , 2015 5:37 pm

Experienced players currently can do whatever the hell they want while simply walking around the target. Some strategy may appear in tryhard matches with in-team voice communication, but otherwise its just chaotic wandering with occasional aiming contests. While complex strategies are excluded, all we have is some common pattens of coordination known to every player that provide some competitive value for the less skilled (crowding, shield thawing, machine guns etc.). All of these let the smart but not-so-good-at-aiming player to win vs sharpshooters who put zero effort into tactics but can get away with it just by bursting the enemy down in any 1v1 situation. Look at, lets say, dk. He is clearly realising whats going on around him, making good decisions and overall knowing his strong sides. But all of it ends up neraly useless because as soon as any of the top players wanders by with an assault rifle, he gets clicked on and eliminated. Not much effort was put into the kill, just mechanical skills. Such fight is not fun for the averages and not challenging for the tops. Thats basically competitive farming against the top guns of the other team. Some extra space for tactical maneuvers can fix it.

And as long as it can be easily countered, its not going to be OP or excessively annoying. One MRS with flashlight in the group of 3 is as real as a healing tool in this group, and we can see a corresponding percent of players picking them for this purpose without extra reminders.

By the way, i got rekt every time i fought someone in the shadow yesterday, if that matters.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 05 Jul , 2015 4:39 am

You guys won't believe it! I was hiding in a shadow, and [SAS]Lt.Hamish who was on the other team had his MRS-138 flashlight on, looking for me :) Tactics are slowly returning to BW :D