Permabanned for Sexism this time - A Hamish goodbye message

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Re: Permabanned for Sexism this time - A Hamish goodbye mess

Post by giZmo » Mon 06 May , 2013 9:27 pm

The offence is clear, i wrote it in the ban. And there is no need to post the log to show everyone what they are allowed to do and what not thats all in the rules.

And now back to the discussion....if you were there and you have smth to add write it or stop posting here.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 06 May , 2013 10:22 pm

I will not post the log, but I will clarify the offense. You violate the sexism rule if you harass, annoy, denigrate, cause distress to or otherwise trouble a player with commentary related to or upon the basis of their gender. The number of violations required for an action depends on the severity of each.

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Mon 06 May , 2013 11:56 pm

Was there and I even warned him that he was breaking rules.. no excuse. Good bye Hatish.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

corinne h
V.I.P. Member

Post by corinne h » Tue 07 May , 2013 12:56 am

I was playing earlier on and found hamish' behaviour towards elfo to be a bit creepy to say the least. Had that been pointed at me I would have went and played somewhere else.0 I think you (gestures vaguely in the direction of some admin or other) should post the chat logs or extracts at least as well. So that it's a case of "he was banned for this (specific)" rather than "he was banned for this (vague)".

Flo
RAGEMASTER

Post by Flo » Tue 07 May , 2013 1:37 am

Why so hot for the logs?

There is something called "victim protection". You only hurt a victim of harassment once more, making the content of the harassment public for anyone to read. Though this might be on a much smaller scale, it is the same as if a family members of yours is apparent in TV or articles after dying in an accident or bombing or whatever ...
Media is always lessoned not to do so, since it is usually journalism's codex. 'Cause they just satisfy human's voyeurism ... our voyeurism.

So we should just give up on those logs to not give away harassment to a community member out into the public. Most of the admins seemed to have taken a look at the log and judged it above bannable, so we should be satisfied with just that.

My 50 Cent.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Tue 07 May , 2013 6:39 am

Well said flo
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 07 May , 2013 8:18 am

corinne h wrote:I was playing earlier on and found hamish' behaviour towards elfo to be a bit creepy to say the least. Had that been pointed at me I would have went and played somewhere else.0 I think you (gestures vaguely in the direction of some admin or other) should post the chat logs or extracts at least as well. So that it's a case of "he was banned for this (specific)" rather than "he was banned for this (vague)".
Kindof answered by Flo. If Eify wants to, she can post the logs herself. Afterall, she's an admin, no need for other admin to deal with that.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Tue 07 May , 2013 10:39 am

I don't think there is need to post logs.
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

Coucounet

Post by Coucounet » Tue 07 May , 2013 2:10 pm

Hey guys. I think there's something wrong in your way of thinking. Not about Hamish but about your categories of judgment. Azarael wrote "Harass someone based on their gender and you're out". Gender doesn't mean "sex", it also means gender orientation or sexual orientation. Neverthless, even when you admins strictly forbid racism and sexism, homophobia is not only tolerated but nearly encouraged by few of you with mockeries like "gay" or "fagg", or "homo". I don't really see a difference between race discrimination, sex discrimination and gender discrimination. Maybe you do. But for me this is the same shit.

++

Socio

Post by Socio » Tue 07 May , 2013 2:25 pm

Honestly, Coucounet is right.
If we ban for sexist chat we should also take actions against sexual discrimination. We cant have one being in rules and the other getting overlooked, in my opinion those are both on the same level.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good