My ban (#452)

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
proof
Banned

Re: My ban (#452)

Post by proof » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 1:55 am

Azarael wrote:Difference between glitch and shortcut: a glitch requires some actual exploitation or cheating, such as Pyra-b2 2nd, dodging against the mover to pass through it.
Where the hell is a mover on Pyra except for the ones at the spawn and the ones that move up once an obj is done?
Azarael wrote:Didn't say they did. You evidently skimmed past an important part!
I was pretty sure you did, failure on my part for just looking it over.
Azarael wrote:Anyway, if my posts are going to be skimmed through and dismissed as "politician talk", I won't bother wasting my time explaining anything more. Perhaps you might understand that you're on a forum and posts are what a forum is for.
I just dont like posts with a lot of blabla that dont get to their point ergo I dont feel like reading them in detail.

@Robot: Markus and Paß for example.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 2:01 am

one at spawn

lol

ok m8

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 11:05 am

BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:
@Robot: Markus and Paß for example.
And indeed they always keep ruining the games for the others. If nobody complains through chat doesn't mean they don't get irritated everytime they complete an objective 30 seconds after the previous one, you know most of those players just want to play and not to talk and/or doesn't know english too much. I expirienced so much of their glitching that they could be permabanned if there was an admin watching them 24/24, unfortunataly I can't be bothered to record them from spec everytime cuz I usually join to have fun (=

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 11:39 am

The reason why we're banning for glitching is logically because players are annoyed by it. If there is a "low-player party" consiting of Baby, Markus, Donnie, Fallen etc. and they all gltich and do not care about it, I myself won't give a shit either, no reason really.

So pretty much it's the way that if you glitch and nobody playing on the server cares you'll go away with it. That's usually not the case, so save your glitching needs for OLDZ and Megafun Race.
BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:Where the hell is a mover on Pyra except for the ones at the spawn and the ones that move up once an obj is done?
There's a little more of them, really.

On the side note, can't miss a bite on Aza's attack round farming
Azarael wrote:I understand that a lot of Assault maps have shit design (because of the low number of maps available, a lot of them are shit), but if I get accused of "farming defenders" when I'm reducing the resistance at the objective (again, on a properly designed map and not an attrition-fest), then I'm inclined to just sit here and laugh.
It's coming from the point that you're generally ineffective and skilled players knowing your playstyle will seek a place where they will avoid you and yet defend the objective and thus you just farm the noobs.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 5:03 pm

Argued the point about how AS is played far too many times for no gain in the past; will not do so again.

The raicoon ban duration, if you all please? Is he considered to be at zero ban stage or what?

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 6:25 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:
BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:Where the hell is a mover on Pyra except for the ones at the spawn and the ones that move up once an obj is done?
There's a little more of them, really.
Im sorry, but there are only very few game relevant movers on Pyra-b2. The one that blocks the deemers once obj1 is done. The ones that open the path to the other 3 objs. The one that closes the path to obj2 once its done and the one that closes the path to obj3 once its done. These were the ones I mentioned and theres no glitch to them. The one I forgot is the fence infront of the little lava lake at the bridge but its not really relevant. So either Aza (& you) are thinking of a complete different map or another unknown version of pyra which I dont know.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 6:48 pm

*sigh*

http://www.xfire.com/video/61c99d

First pass at 0:17. Second pass at 0:52.

It's by no means a constant-time glitch, but it's possible. From here you have objective 2 or you can use shitmapper alignment issues which have created a ledge on the left wall in combination with a dodge jump to get to the objective 3 holes.

You can use the same method to glitch back through the same type of mover which blocks off the Redeemers.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 6:56 pm

Ok so that one is a glitch but from your definition:
Azarael wrote:Difference between glitch and shortcut: a glitch requires some actual exploitation or cheating, such as Pyra-b2 2nd, dodging against the mover to pass through it. A shortcut is perfectly accomplishable without any kind of cheat. Both may be blocked, only glitching will be banned for unless there's another rule in play(such as "only go for the current objective").
these (except the 5th maybe since it leads to the next obj) must be all shortcuts then. Why have people been banned for using them?

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 7:34 pm

All the exploits in your post baby are exploits that cut off almost 1 to 2 min of game play. That is totally unacceptable.
With the exception of the room 3 second obj one.. its bannable just because your skipping to a objective that is not currently on yet.

Also might I note. That none of those would be possible in normal scorpion. Thus abusing the Nitro vehicles to access areas that you should not be able to and were not intended by map maker.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 7:41 pm

darkelf wrote:All the exploits in your post baby are exploits that cut off almost 1 to 2 min of game play. That is totally unacceptable.
With the exception of the room 3 second obj one.. its bannable just because your skipping to a objective that is not currently on yet.
But none of these are actual exploits by azas definition. They would all be counted as shortcuts (except for #5)
darkelf wrote:Also might I note. That none of those would be possible in normal scorpion. Thus abusing the Nitro vehicles to access areas that you should not be able to and were not intended by map maker.
Same goes for the S shaped brush in Aztec. Abusing the jump function to kind of skip that part.