My ban (#452)

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Re: My ban (#452)

Post by darkelf » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 8:06 pm

Ok I see what your trying to say. But lets look at the rule.

"1a) Do not cheat. This includes external hacks, bots, and alike as well as internal ones. Cheating will result an immediate permanent ban.
1b) Do not glitch. Play the maps as they are intended to be played. The only exception is Oldztyle and Racing with Megafun Benders, where you can glitch at will."

I think the main thing that your trying to get at here is "Play the maps as they are intended to be played." So far it seems to be up to the admin that saw the questionable act and up to them to decide how to deal with the situation. Me personally when i read play the maps as they are intended to be played.. I see it as don't be skipping large portions of the map by jumping ahead. The example of aztec's s curve that you can skip is questionable however its like it was designed in that way. Maybe not but to me it looks to be designed to be done that way. Kinda like an alternate way of going about the track but still effectively doing the whole track. A similar map with this is hellbender world on obj 2 with the fenced s curve. You can just jump over the fence or do the s curve..
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 8:11 pm

Yea I also think that those large parts shouldnt be allowed to glitch. However, if you take Azas definition literally, it should be allowed to use those shortcuts. Also, everyone interpretes these rules different, ergo I dont see any reason why rai should get banned for taking a ~40sec shortcut on HotRace.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 8:25 pm

When it takes 60 seconds to drive to the objective, a "40" second cut is grossly unfair and ban is just.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 8:47 pm

iRobot wrote:When it takes 60 seconds to drive to the objective, a "40" second cut is grossly unfair and ban is just.
Do you know which obj we are talking about? I doubt it cause you werent present.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 8:48 pm

I agree that anything possible without exploitation is a shortcut, but I also believe that players can look fairly at maps which were designed around standard vehicles without boost and jump and understand what lies within the bounds of acceptability. If you're just going to cut out 2/3rds of the map with a skip, what's the point in having varied maps at all? It seems to defeat the point to perform some glitch which cuts out the actual gameplay...

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 9:38 pm

Yes, but where to draw the line?

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sun 19 Jan , 2014 10:30 pm

I don't ever recall a ban for glitching when it was questionable whether it's a shortcut or glitch. This is a racing server and not a trials server, I think it's pretty clear to what can be seen as a shortcut and what as a glitch from that point of view. And if a mapper fucks smth up, like Aztec, then it's clearly not a glitch.

raicoon

Post by raicoon » Wed 22 Jan , 2014 6:01 pm

I'm banned since friday now, any progress with the ban duration?

CrazyKirby

Post by CrazyKirby » Wed 29 Jan , 2014 11:28 pm

hi mates,

why am I perm-banned? and why : Glitching?

Map: gasoline --> jump on Spma (@SpmaTower) to reach the two antennas.
That be glitching?

why banned without warning, if its glitching?

If i would have known that it is forbidden to be, i would made it never.

Please, give me a message!

Socio

Post by Socio » Wed 29 Jan , 2014 11:34 pm

@CrazyKirby
You were hiding in the staticmesh dude so no one could see you (only a part of your LG was sticking out, I am aware of that exploit from flying around in specmode), and it was only a session ban.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good