needs no explanation...

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Ollievrthecool

needs no explanation...

Post by Ollievrthecool » Sat 25 Jan , 2014 1:57 pm

I just posted it if it was needing attention

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: needs no explanation...

Post by Azarael » Sat 25 Jan , 2014 2:14 pm

How did he get the SPMA outside of the well?

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 25 Jan , 2014 2:21 pm

An increasing number of players are now doing this. They use the jump block to lever themselves up, and I think nitro over? (not sure if it's nitro or not). But they somehow get over.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 25 Jan , 2014 2:26 pm

Sigh, why does it not surprise me that it's Balkan Raiser doing this? They know full well the walls are there for a REASON and they STILL go over them.

Unfortunately, I doubt I can get away with doing anything even though it's clear abuse 'cause of LDG abuser-supporting culture, so I'm going to have to block the walls.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 25 Jan , 2014 2:29 pm

Saw this the other day.

I believe it is being done by shooting the one spama with the other to push it over the wall.

There is actually a lot on this obj in this map that could be considered exploiting. You have this newsiest one and the one that's been around before that is using nitro benders to jump directly into the bottom floors or landing in the spama locations.

I recommend just fixing the problem by placing spama's up in the sky like on last obj where they are isolated and can't be abused. Also to get rid of the open spawn concept and give it a roof that goes up to match with the wall of the area. This will prevent the hellbender abuse quite a bit as well.. But then again this is lego wars.. My personal recommendation is remove the map entirely. trollface
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Sat 25 Jan , 2014 2:55 pm

recommendation is remove the map entirely. trollface
trollface

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 25 Jan , 2014 5:51 pm

Getting the SPMA over that wall is clearly doing something unintended and glitching, so there should be a ban here.

Ban the one you have proof of, and the rest may not be so eager to do it trollface

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 25 Jan , 2014 6:00 pm

Let's rock.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sat 25 Jan , 2014 6:11 pm

Just as a side note: This has been possible for over a year already and people have been doing it almost every map.
Im surprised you didnt know it was possible.

Also, the Bender jump elfy mentioned is pretty glitchy and unfair in my opinion aswell.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 26 Jan , 2014 12:27 pm

Had a chance to play your fix aza. I didn't necessarily like it due to the fact that now your going to have floating benders over the spama location when people exploit jump to obj with them. This will just cause rage, tears, confusion and cheat acusations. However the spama will not come out now.. so that worked.

I fiddled around with my idea. This will fix the spama exit problem using your method and also eliminate the bender jump to obj using blocking volumes and the spama tower.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4lfgx ... goWars.zip

Screenshots:

Note: pictures don't show it but the areas left open to vulnerability have blocking volumes. Also placed vehicle blocking volume over spawn so vehicles will not be able to enter spawn.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola