about the Markus ban

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
proof
Banned

about the Markus ban

Post by proof » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 10:00 pm

How can you spawnkill on Ascend? I somehow feel like Eif just banned him because he talked German to me even though Eif didnt want it. But German is allowed.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: about the Markus ban

Post by Azarael » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 10:11 pm

> Eiforia: can u talk fucking english??

... (20 or so lines)

> }GBD{Markus@mp3: "it is not good cherry eating with me"
> }GBD{Markus@mp3: ^^
> }GBD{Markus@mp3 left the game.
> proof: was xD
> proof: did you kick markus?
> team-spec*Earl: that luck
> proof: eif?
> proof: keine antwort, ist auch ne antwort (eng: no answer is also an answer)

This is... weird to say the least.

Previous map's log doesn't show any problem (it's EMP-JolteonTrials anyway) and Markus is banned at the end of Ascend.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 10:32 pm

He spawnkilled at Hellbender RACE nightmare with redeemer.
I kicked him.
And after decided tht its not fair to other players i banned today for spawnkilling, so i banned him like others.

> france: bouummm
> }GBD{Markus@mp3 left the game.

> Eiforia: kicked

> }GBD{Markus@mp3 joined as a spectator.
> }GBD{Markus@mp3: :p

> Eiforia: next time u'll be banned
> }GBD{Markus@mp3: awww

> [TmB]Happy_coucounet: for ?
> }GBD{Markus@mp3: deemerspawnkill xD
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 11:10 pm

At the risk of receiving the obvious replies, most obviously "you're biased", "you're assuming bad faith" and "even when she bans her friends you're not happy":
  • When did we ever escalate (as opposed to lessening the effect of) previously executed admin actions, even if they were apparently demonstrating undue leniency to friends?
  • There seems to be some strong discontent at German being spoken. Why should anyone believe that he wasn't just moved up to a ban because he irritated the admin by speaking German? Shortly after the discontent with German is expressed, magically it's decided that Markus is to be banned.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 11:24 pm

Idk how it depends with German language which was allowed most part of the time I play here... And its not the first time I ask them to talk English... And not because I'm admin lol, just coz I like to talk with ppl and don't understand when they are talking in language I don't understand :/

Aza unban him if you want if it makes you happy)))

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 11:28 pm

You express frustration with him talking German and within any time from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes, a previous action against him is upgraded to a ban. I don't see how that can be interpreted as anything but spite. There's no precedent for such a thing and nobody except you and Markus knew or remembered the kick you'd given him earlier, so I don't see any reason why you'd care to upgrade his ban except as a petty way of expressing discontent with him.

I've no intention of seeing him unbanned. If he spawnkilled, 1 day is the correct punishment. I merely take issue with how this was implemented, and even if anyone tries to argue there was a good faith intention in that ban upgrade (which I doubt), there's still the question of why Markus gets a kick and two others get banned for the same offense in the same day. Markus is a persistent violator and has been around long enough to know the rules.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 11:40 pm

Azarael wrote: there's still the question of why Markus gets a kick and two others get banned for the same offense in the same day.
Because I saw them already few times do the same. I warned them. Today I decided tht its enough and I banned them.
I hope I answered ya question. Since today I will write you a PM every time I do some actions against players. To not bother myself answering millions of your questions Aza.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 22 Feb , 2014 12:48 am

IMO the "ban upgrage" is a consequence of certain recent events: "kick - some time - realization he should be banned - ban".

Code: Select all

2014-02-21 19:29:04 Ban: ... }GBD{Markus@mp3 Reason: Spawnkilling ...
Not saying it happened the "best way" but I can understand it.