Permanent bans Apex, Hardcore, Michael, _Ghost_A_

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
ZeyXaper

Re: Permanent bans Apex, Hardcore, Michael, _Ghost_A_

Post by ZeyXaper » Mon 10 Mar , 2014 11:06 pm

tbh i don't think it is really "fair"...Apex got unbanned because he also asked u guys. maybe he found the "better words", cuz his english is much better then mine. but still i'm also just a normal UT player who would like to play some AS und race like him.

and here i found another "racism thread":

http://www.ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2369

that guy also was permbanned at the beginning. but when he asked to lift it, his ban got reduced to 7 days.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 11 Mar , 2014 12:28 am

I also think both should have the same sentence as they were together when it happened. Either ban the other guy or unban him.

Also I checked in UTAN, ApeX is still supposed to be banned. Or he uses a new key.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Tue 11 Mar , 2014 12:44 am

To me, that is 2 levels. Saying "grammar nazi" is something that is debatable. Grammar Nazi is a term that I have seen a lot. It (not from me) may be cut some slack. However, forming the swastica out of scorpions.... Well, I cannot believe someone would do such a thing.
To form a symbol of hatred such as the swastica on a server containing Germans, Jewish people, those that lost family in that time etc. IS just utterly horrific. I don't know about anyone else, but I feel very strongly about nazis and so forth.

In short terms,
Grammar nazi - may be overlooked and debated
Forming the swastica out of scorpions - well I don't know. Like I said previously, if I could decide, the hammer of justice would fall swiftly indeed. I will be fairly annoyed if you are unbanned. (But that's me, being the justice, freedom, honour person that I am)
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 11 Mar , 2014 12:49 am

I'd rather see ApeX get hammered again, but I've a feeling it won't pass. ApeX was unbanned because of a mistake which we only spotted months later. He didn't successfully appeal this ban.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 11 Mar , 2014 7:24 am

ApeX was unbanned by our own mistake as at that time, we allowed ppl to change their key and continue playing. This rule has been cancelled for a good while and that happened after ApeX getting unbanned. Besides you should ask an active admin for clarification of that. I myself can acknowledge that ApeX got away with it on the grounds of our mistake, but that's not a reason to be used with further appeals.

Anyway, well, this has happened on 05 Oct 2012 (~ 1.5 years ago) and unlike Michael's appeal, this one seems to be genuine. Can find the length of the ban justifiable punishment for that, I'll probably side with those for 2nd chance here.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 11 Mar , 2014 7:27 am

Izumo_CZ wrote:ApeX was unbanned by our own mistake as at that time, we allowed ppl to change their key and continue playing. This rule has been cancelled for a good while and that happened after ApeX getting unbanned.
Does this mean that buying a new CD key is not allowed to continue playing on the servers? I feel this shouldn't be an issue as long as the person isn't going to get in trouble again, assuming they've paid money just to be able play on a single server again.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 11 Mar , 2014 7:29 am

Calypto wrote:Does this mean that buying a new CD key is not allowed to continue playing on the servers? I feel this shouldn't be an issue as long as the person isn't going to get in trouble again, assuming they've paid money just to be able play on a single server again.
This means that if you buy new CD key, you will end up being banned again, whether it's because of nazism or being a cheater.
angry_stare

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 11 Mar , 2014 7:30 am

trollface
Guess whose birthday it is

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 11 Mar , 2014 7:32 am

He fears now that he got busted in Minecraft, you know, ut2004 abuse commands are powerful. Let's watch his skill on BW drop
trollface

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 11 Mar , 2014 7:37 am

I'll keep it at 7.22, note that this is very high for a high pinger (=