Crus

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Crus

Post by iRobot » Mon 09 Jun , 2014 1:37 pm

You think they would prefer the outright removal of the map?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 09 Jun , 2014 2:04 pm

We could all accept that uploading badly designed maps that noobs love is going to result in issues precisely because of that shit design, and simply ignore such infringements when they happen on shit maps that don't actually matter.

I've no way to prevent this particular issue given the forced design that I've got here. That narcissistic fuck deleted all his brushes so I'm limited in the modifications I can make, and none of them will prevent the spawns being nuked.

So, I have been forced to shut off the previous Redeemer spawn when a new one becomes accessible. I expect many tears from balkan raiser.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 09 Jun , 2014 3:00 pm

You can still add SMs or Movers to protect the spawn lol but who am I telling
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 09 Jun , 2014 3:01 pm

Azarael wrote:So, I have been forced to shut off the previous Redeemer spawn when a new one becomes accessible. I expect many tears from balkan raiser.
Did you also include the ion painter located outside? That is the main causation behind the ban after all.

Thanks by the way joinha

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 09 Jun , 2014 3:04 pm

Redeemer explosions penetrate anything that's not world geometry. There is nothing to stop a player nuking the spawn conventionally as long as a player is able to exit it.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 09 Jun , 2014 3:09 pm

Youre telling me deemer explosions penetrate SMS and Movers? rofl

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 09 Jun , 2014 3:20 pm

Didn't say anything of the sort - both count as world geometry. That's obvious. The point is, those spawns face directly onto the play area. Sure, I can spam static meshes to cover them up - and that solves the problem of players flying a nuke into the spawn *how*, exactly? Not to mention raising the problem of players spamming the small opening that would result?

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 09 Jun , 2014 3:55 pm

How about a large blocking volume around each spawn that blocks deemers and skymines, wouldnt that solve the problem with this map?

//edit:
This does the job just fine:

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 09 Jun , 2014 4:32 pm

If the Redeemer hits that volume, it'll still deal damage to the players at the spawn. There are some BlockingVolumes in Cimerion used at the second objective for the grating, and you can fire rockets into them and damage the players above you. I also thought of making a volume which exists specifically to destroy Redeemers, but figured that would just be exploited once the spawnkillers found out where the edge of it was.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 09 Jun , 2014 4:50 pm

Then make the volume a bit larger and block the projectile so when it explodes it doesnt reach into the spawn.
Or (but Im not sure if its possible) make a volume that would deal damage to the deemer projectile so it gets denied just like you said already.