0rang3

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
0rang3

Re: 0rang3

Post by 0rang3 » Fri 14 Nov , 2014 1:53 am

Coucounet wrote:Just bought the steam version, cant access the CD key without installing the game, what is obviously impossible under mac osx. I contacted the steam support so they provide me the key I bought but I doubt they will. I'm doomed...
i can install it 4 u - i got dualboot
bOnO wrote:I've googled it and found this in 10sec:
the cd-key is located here: Unreal Tournament 2004.app/System/cd-key . Open it up with textedit.
Which means you don't even have to download the game again, you should be able to switch your current key with a new one.
ye, posted it few msgs ago

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 14 Nov , 2014 2:00 am

Srsly guys, if you have expensive mac crap, just buy a digital version of UT2004 that gets budled with a key, and just use that key with your mac version. No need to reinstall or use Windows. For me Steam gives me the key independently of installing the game - open the game in your library, on the right there is links, under which is CD-KEY.

Right now pirated mac users are banned (colateral damage) and effect of that is being observed, whether the situation will be improved - I'm not able to say. What I can say for sure is that buying the game is the best way to aviod similar problems.

Coucounet

Post by Coucounet » Fri 14 Nov , 2014 2:07 am

Thats what I get when I click on UT2004 in my steam library ("bibliothèque" in french). On the right, "liens" stands for "links". No sign of any CD key...
Sans titre.png
Sans titre.png (599.59 KiB) Viewed 3409 times

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Fri 14 Nov , 2014 2:12 am

What's in your steam library is also on your computer. So find the steam folder on your computer and find the CD key?
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Coucounet

Post by Coucounet » Fri 14 Nov , 2014 2:15 am

Since I can't install a Windows game under OSx, there is no UT2004 file in my steam games folder atm. Thats all the trick.

0rang3

Post by 0rang3 » Fri 14 Nov , 2014 2:16 am

Izumo wrote:Srsly guys, if you have expensive mac crap, just buy a digital version of UT2004 that gets budled with a key, and just use that key with your mac version. No need to reinstall or use Windows. For me Steam gives me the key independently of installing the game - open the game in your library, on the right there is links, under which is CD-KEY.

Right now pirated mac users are banned (colateral damage) and effect of that is being observed, whether the situation will be improved - I'm not able to say. What I can say for sure is that buying the game is the best way to aviod similar problems.
I, for example, have 12-year old Asus notebook, which is on mac. i doubt, i can call it expensive mac crap.. :) at least not expensive :lol:
Aslo, problem appeared today and guy even bought a game on Steam right away, so noone is trying to save his money for game. we are trying to have quick solution, thats all. ofc, u can go to store, or order the game online, that is obvious.
Last edited by 0rang3 on Fri 14 Nov , 2014 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coucounet

Post by Coucounet » Fri 14 Nov , 2014 2:18 am

Ty !

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Fri 14 Nov , 2014 2:18 am

So you bought something that you can't install, smart.

Install a Virtual Machine (e.g. VMWare) and install the game so you can get the CDKey out of it.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Coucounet

Post by Coucounet » Fri 14 Nov , 2014 2:23 am

I knew I couldnt install the game, thats not the point. The point is I didnt expect Steam to "hide" the CD key of the game. And using a windows-app installer under osx doesnt work with steam downloaded apps since you can't access the installer file of the games outside the steam app... Trapped D=
Edit : but I appreciate your help (even with some sarcasms)

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Fri 14 Nov , 2014 2:29 am

As I said you can install a Virtual Machine on your mac (either a free version of a pirated one, it can easily be found) and install UT through Steam and pray for the CDKey to be in Steam's UT folder.

If you don't have a Windows machine that's the only solution I can think of (knowing that you already bought the game for Windows).

Apparently WMware works like a charm on mac, VirtualBox should be working fine as well (and is free contrary to the first one).