Mac/Linux OS Pirates (Read this before posting)

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Mac/Linux OS Pirates (Read this before posting)

Post by darkelf » Fri 14 Nov , 2014 8:36 pm

At the current moment. All illegal pirated versions on Mac/Linux have been banned.

However there is a way to make your Mac/Linux version legal.
darkelf wrote:DVD/CD Copy: Find your legal copy of your cd/dvd and locate the cd key on the package that your cd/dvd came in.

No longer have CD/DVD: If you still have it on your computer you can retrieve it by going to regedit. Go to the start button then search for "regedit" select it and start it up. Then hit the tabs and navigate to this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, Unreal Technology, Installed Apps, UT2004, CDKey. Selecting cdkey will show you your cd key.

Steam Version: If you still have it on your computer you can retrieve it by going to regedit.

32 bit: Go to the start button then search for "regedit" select it and start it up. Then hit the tabs and navigate to this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2004\CDKey. Selecting cdkey will show you your cd key.

64 bit: Go to the start button then search for "regedit" select it and start it up. Then hit the tabs and navigate to this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2004\CDKey. Selecting cdkey will show you your cd key.

As far as setting this key up for the pirated game for mac os.. Someone else can explain
Calypto wrote:
http://www.gizmojunkee.com/2013/11/install-ut2004-on-os-x-lionmavericks/ wrote: Requirements
You need to get yourself the CD-Key for Unreal Tournament 2004. If you have dusting around the game somewhere you are sorted. If not, well just do some google magic and you find it. I do recommend to just go and spend the 10 bucks for this awesome game. Historically, most current Games still use the Unreal Gaming engine so you would even own a piece of gaming history.

Step 1 – Download the files
Download the Mac demo and the Mac patch from the below links and save it somewhere on your Mac. To make it a little easy I hosted them on my Mega Storage Cloud so go ahead and download them via this link: Mega_UT2004_package
  • UT2004 Mac Demo Version 3334 (268 MB)
  • UT2004 Mac Patch v.3369.2 (200 MB)
Step 2 – Extract the Mac Demo Version
Extract the Mac demo version and move it to your Application folder (Or anywhere on your Mac). Now we need to rename the demo version and for that just remove the “demo” out of the file's name. (Unreal Tournament 2004) – Now right click the demo and choose Show Package Contents to see the application’s contents. Go to Contents -> Mac OS and rename the file to the same name (remove the demo).

Step 3 – Install the PC Version
You can either download the Game from various places on the net or if you got already a copy install your own CD of UT2004. This is a PC version and requires Windows, in case you don’t have a Windows machine there are various ways how to get the CD installed. We only need the File-Content as it is not required to start the game. Example tools: Virtualmachine, Wine, Crossover, Wineskin – whatever you prefer.

Step 4 – Copy Files
After you installed the PC version copy the entire content (all folders) to the Mac version. (Right click – Show Package Contents) and overwrite all files and folders.

Step 5 – Patching
Now we can execute the prior download patch. Extract it and execute it. It might ask you for the folder location, point it there and all done.

Step 6 – CD-Key
Last Step – Open Unreal Tournament 2004 Folder on your Mac (Right Click – Show Package Contents) and go to System. Here, make a file named "cdkey" with the CD-Key included.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

ILoveTheNorth

Re: Mac/Linux OS Pirates (Read This before posting)

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Sat 15 Nov , 2014 11:00 pm

Would like to point out that I simply changed the CD key (open in text edit) with a legit cd key that I bought off ebay and then ran the patch, so maybe
the long work around above isn't needed; anyhow thank you Calypto for hosting the patch and providing a thorough workaround.

Also, I'd like to take this time to hanks Don cheadle for making me spend £5 on game I played for free for 10 years.