My client has been BAN Reason ban #826??

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Re: My client has been BAN Reason ban #826??

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 07 Jan , 2015 5:49 pm

Is this a new game you have bought? New guid?
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Nibok

Post by Nibok » Wed 07 Jan , 2015 6:08 pm

Can any other server administrator corroborate this accusation and verify is my given credentials(IP,GUI,CD-Key) match with the banned user tehcstyle? Since I was able to play always and not even banned till yesterday when I am accused of being techstyle.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 07 Jan , 2015 6:26 pm

I guess you didn't answer my question for a reason. The evidence (IP addresses, GUIDs and player names) suggest that you are the same player, and are therefore permabanned.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 07 Jan , 2015 6:27 pm

GUID matches one of 3 GUIDs used by techstyle.
IP is Puerto Rican.

Impossible that you've ever played on our servers using the GUID you posted as it's been banned in UTAN for a very long time.

Previous attempts to play on the server were with the demo key.

Given lack of response to Earl and geographical location, I'm inclined to believe this user is in fact techstyle probing to see whether he can use his original GUID and still play on LDG.

Nibok

Post by Nibok » Wed 07 Jan , 2015 7:00 pm

Yes like I tell you my IP is static and unique years ago. We have a very limited ISP provider and is not weird that he must have the same subnet of my ip but the IP is not the same. I am using a legit key with a original installation of UT. And yes I was able to play on the server until now. Maybe you are confusing the IP and I understand the user is also from Puerto Rico however is note the same IP but is from the same ISP provider.

Nibok

Post by Nibok » Wed 07 Jan , 2015 7:06 pm

That is impossible I have my original copy of UT from 2004 until now and never use UT demo. Like I tell you...you are confusing the IP because of the geographical location and you are assuming I am techstyle. I am posting this info because I was able to play until yerterday and this is happening since I make the fresh installation I don't now what happened but with my other installation everything was ok. that is really weird all the servers works better now but no LDG =( =(

Nibok

Post by Nibok » Wed 07 Jan , 2015 7:06 pm

I will try to recover the other installation and log there so you can see I can play on LDG.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 07 Jan , 2015 7:18 pm

Guys, it is new year, it is time of peace and kindness, maybe you can unban?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 07 Jan , 2015 7:44 pm

First up: Stop triple posting, use the edit function.
Nibok wrote:That is impossible I have my original copy of UT from 2004 until now
Unless you can explain why the GUID you are using from this copy matches one used by techstyle (and no, don't say something like "it must be a mistake at the factory"), I will object to this ban being removed. The fact that you have the same geographical location as techstyle in combination with an attempt to use the same GUID means that as far as I'm concerned, you are techstyle - until you can prove otherwise.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Wed 07 Jan , 2015 7:50 pm

iRobot wrote:Guys, it is new year, it is time of peace and kindness, maybe you can unban?
I want bombom back then!
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael