just got banned...

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Re: just got banned...

Post by Butcher » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 4:14 pm

Azarael wrote:The belief is that you change your name away from that handle only because you believe it has some kind of effect on your lag. I can assure you that it doesn't, the variable is PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName and it's replicated only when changed.
iRobot wrote:Then why do the admins even ask for spec when they can just force it?
Yes.
Again... I put it in caps: I DO NOT BELIEVE THE LAG HAS TO DO ANYTHING WITH MY NAME.
I do not need to disconnect and reconnect, I can just change my name using Changename command in the console..
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 4:24 pm

Azarael wrote:False comparison. Forcespec is a tool which would have resolved the problem without having to ban him. Warning players is a tool which can resolve problems without having to ban players. Forcespec should have been used.
No I think giZmo was meaning that as "first warn / ask and then act" comparison. But otherwise yes, ban should be at the end of the list i.e. ask to spec, then force spec, then kick / ban.
Butcher wrote:
Azarael wrote:The belief is that you change your name away from that handle only because you believe it has some kind of effect on your lag. I can assure you that it doesn't, the variable is PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName and it's replicated only when changed.
iRobot wrote:Then why do the admins even ask for spec when they can just force it?
Yes.
Again... I put it in caps: I DO NOT BELIEVE THE LAG HAS TO DO ANYTHING WITH MY NAME.
I do not need to disconnect and reconnect, I can just change my name using Changename command in the console..
Some people would say, that first a "sucky" Nickname1 left the game, so that "good" Nickname2 could save the day.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 4:31 pm

Izumo wrote:No I think giZmo was meaning that as "first warn / ask and then act" comparison. But otherwise yes, ban should be at the end of the list i.e. ask to spec, then force spec, then kick / ban.
iRobot was asking why someone should be asked to perform soft action A under threat of hard action B (which was executed) when administrators can simply force soft action A. giZmo seems to be asking why we should ever take soft action A when we can take hard action B. Hence I didn't see how the comparison was relevant.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 4:46 pm

Izumo wrote: Some people would say, that first a "sucky" Nickname1 left the game, so that "good" Nickname2 could save the day.
facepalm

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 4:51 pm

Azarael wrote:
Izumo wrote:No I think giZmo was meaning that as "first warn / ask and then act" comparison. But otherwise yes, ban should be at the end of the list i.e. ask to spec, then force spec, then kick / ban.
iRobot was asking why someone should be asked to perform soft action A under threat of hard action B (which was executed) when administrators can simply force soft action A. giZmo seems to be asking why we should ever take soft action A when we can take hard action B. Hence I didn't see how the comparison was relevant.
I somehow was seeing that as him rebuffing iRobot. But anyway, ask to spec -> forcespec -> kick / ban would be the best approach imo.
Butcher wrote:
Izumo wrote: Some people would say, that first a "sucky" Nickname1 left the game, so that "good" Nickname2 could save the day.
facepalm
kiddingme

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 4:56 pm

Butcher wrote: Again... I put it in caps: I DO NOT BELIEVE THE LAG HAS TO DO ANYTHING WITH MY NAME.
Then it more looks like you tried to TB abuse if you imply that lag has to do anything with your name (while it can i beleive)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 5:40 pm

Eiforia wrote:why you lie. you were banned for tb abuse.
I didnt say you anything about teamswitching. And you had like few mins to go spectate.

> ßuTch3r$e=66b left the game.
> team-spec*Sentinel: The teams are unbalanced and will be evened at the end of this round.
> Server #1 (Multiple Gametypes) appears under Onslaught in the browser.
> Server #2 (Invasion) appears under Invasion in the browser.
> team-spec*Eiforia: RQ
> Visit our forum on http://www.ldg-gaming.eu
> LDG accepts donations, V.I.P. status and increased mapvote weight is awarded to donors (10E / month).
> WebAdmin: Red Team: 3, Blue Team: 4
> Bjorn_Again is now on red.
> team-spec*Sentinel: Bjorn_Again was switched to even the teams.
> ö is now on red.
> The V.I.P. member ö entered the game.
> GrrrrrÖskå` received a Level 2 spree reward: FGM-70 'Shockwave' LAW
> team-spec*Eiforia: Clanchat: butcher go spectate
> Nibok is now on blue.
> Nibok left the game.
> Fooljam is now on blue.
> Fooljam entered the game.
> team-spec*Eiforia: Clanchat: u abused tb
> ö: Clanchat: why
> GrrrrrAaron received a Level 1 spree reward: AH208 Golden Pistol
> team-spec*Eiforia: Clanchat: i dont know why u did it
> You are on LDG Ballistic Weapons Pro V2.5 Server #1.
> Server #1 is playing Freon (Tracked) in DM-Goose2k4 with 18 / 22 players.
> Server #2 is playing Invasion in DM-Absolute with 6 / 15 players.
> Aberiu: Clanchat: we're losing
> ö: Clanchat: i just went out because im fucking lagged
> Fooljam left the game.
> giZmo: Clanchat: doesent matter you made someone switch
> Hunter is now on blue.
> Hunter entered the game.
> Aberiu: Clanchat: what kind of abuse is that if we are losing?
> WebAdmin [Eiforia] has banned ö.
> ö left the game.
See the video, and tell me if I was not lagged... Besides, tell me what could I possibly gain by "unbalancing" the game?
You are Just showing everyone that you are partial and the ban is a way of getting to me... and please get the rest of the log in open, for us to see your comments... And if that is not enough we can also see the logs in Highlander, for the last 10 days... I'm sure we will find your comments to me very appropriate for an Admin...

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 5:59 pm

These ideas that changing name or disconnecting/rejoining might reduce lag are ridiculous - there's no possible mechanism surely?

We all have lag that comes & goes when playing on LDG, particularly during peak hours, which suggests that it is just due to the internet being heavily used in Northern Europe.

One thing that did make some difference to my connection was turning off all WiFi devices in my house. Apple devices in particular seem to be bad at sending a few bytes over the connection almost constantly. So turn them all off while playing or disable the WiFi on the router.

Alternatively, have a cup of tea and play for fun.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 6:07 pm

There's definitely no mechanism in changing name, it's just a String in the PlayerReplicationInfo which is only sent when dirty. I won't rule out reconnection, but I find it very unlikely given the isolation of this heavy lag issue to Butcher in particular.

I'm not sure what this thread is attempting to accomplish past this point.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Sun 11 Jan , 2015 6:11 pm

Skaldy wrote:These ideas that changing name or disconnecting/rejoining might reduce lag are ridiculous - there's no possible mechanism surely?

We all have lag that comes & goes when playing on LDG, particularly during peak hours, which suggests that it is just due to the internet being heavily used in Northern Europe.

One thing that did make some difference to my connection was turning off all WiFi devices in my house. Apple devices in particular seem to be bad at sending a few bytes over the connection almost constantly. So turn them all off while playing or disable the WiFi on the router.

Alternatively, have a cup of tea and play for fun.
Agreed but this is not about having lag or not, or how to fix it, is about Eiforia banning me under a pretense http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pretense to get to me... and this is not the first time a user has complaint about her being abusive...