That disgusting 1-day ban

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
KiSA

That disgusting 1-day ban

Post by KiSA » Sun 25 Jan , 2015 2:43 am

So. Actally I've got banned 2 times: first time it was session ban, second - 1 day. The topic, as you can see on the related image, is "teamswitching to the winning team".
I've got demos of these 2 bans. On the first demo my team played Protocore as attackers (I voted for this map first during the previous racing), and when I connected the timer showed 19:04 so it was the very start of AS. I opened f1 to see the teams and realized my comrades Azis and katzenharr were in the other team. So I switched to the deffenders. It was 18:30 on the timer. Then I've catched first ban from Socio. When Azis asked him about the reason, he got "it was session ban" and following "that sux" as an answer. The message on the screen was: "switching to the winning team".
Next.
After that session, it was AS-Osaka on the server. Then I promoted AS-SubRosa. Map loaded, f1 pressed, realised my bros in the other team and I pressed "change team" immediately after warm-up 10 sec. And got banned under the same reason.
I understand it is only session/1-day bans, but what is the mystical "Abusing" and "Winnig team" thing after few seconds of the match? What is the real reason of this bans? Maybe admin just dont like maps I voted =/
And even forgetting about the fact there is no winning team in the start: cant I just change my team, if the game allow this possibility to me, and it doesnt offence anyone?
I think, this is at least unreasonable acts of admin's free will, and it neighbours with dullness and incompetence. Speaking of it, my comrades also have suffered in many situations thanx to evil admins. Not implying all admins are bad - there are definitely lots of good ones, which I hope, will help me to deal with this misery.
So it goes.
Attachments
Banned.jpg
Last edited by KiSA on Sun 25 Jan , 2015 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: That disgusting 1-day ban

Post by iZumo » Sun 25 Jan , 2015 8:15 pm

You have to be careful to look that you're not switching to the winning team, when you're playing AS. It's one of the rules, that switching of the teams is only permitted when it's done for balance, i.e. switching your teams to play with your bros is not OK and can end up with a ban.

KiSA

Post by KiSA » Sun 25 Jan , 2015 9:03 pm

All the balance stuff is done by teambalancer, and only few ones switch sides by their own will for balancing.
I suppose, I followed all the rules https://ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29, and the actual reason you mentioned is absent in the rules list.
So we are stuck with these ones:
1. Two bans from Socio were comletely irrelevant.
2. There is no topic "switching to play with your bro or the player you like to the other team" you mentioned in the server rules.
I do understand that I have to be careful if swithcing when playing assault, and there are obvious rules that forbid player to switch in certain circumstances. But if none of that circumstances are actually met, switching is legal, according to the rules. Either you have to add some new swithcing rules or forbid switching at all.
Considering this, I think it is obvious, that these bans doesnt have any logical foundations, and shall be removed.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 25 Jan , 2015 10:03 pm

You and your buddies make a very effective group, and when you're on the same team, you can actually break the balance.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sun 25 Jan , 2015 11:37 pm

... I want to side with Kisa on this: why would we ban someone for switching before the game really starts? There's no winning team yet and there can be imbalance but you can still ask someone to switch later. Also I'm not against someone switching to play with his friends/brothers/cats as long as it doesn't stack one team.
Other similar problem: If I'm on the defending team and I want to attack first and I have the opportunity to switch during warm up, should I ban myself for doing it?

Also I checked the logs and no warning was made on the 2 maps. If he had been told to switch back I guess he would have had listened.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 27 Jan , 2015 12:53 am

The skill balancer acts on SubRosa and Osaka, does it not? If that is the case, switching after the balancer has acted is deliberate abuse.

KiSA

Post by KiSA » Tue 27 Jan , 2015 1:21 am

Azarael wrote:The skill balancer acts on SubRosa and Osaka, does it not? If that is the case, switching after the balancer has acted is deliberate abuse.
I dont know, where does skill balancer acts. I was banned from Protocore and SubRosa, and now I dont even know was it will of the admin or skill balancer error.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 27 Jan , 2015 1:22 am

Actually skill is completely disabled on AS right now (since much of the EFR and latter code was not backported to AS).

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 27 Jan , 2015 1:05 pm

Yeah no skill balancer at all on AS. Just the good old teambalancer making sure teams are even in number. Which pisses off Tehnix when he's chosen trollface

However on some assault maps (all?) if you spec for any reason, you can't join back and have a "team balancer abuse" message.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Tehnix

Post by Tehnix » Wed 28 Jan , 2015 2:05 pm

bOnO wrote:Yeah no skill balancer at all on AS. Just the good old teambalancer making sure teams are even in number. Which pisses off Tehnix when he's chosen trollface
This is incorrect, and I guess you saw the discussion between me and Kennie. The only time it pisses me off, is when I join to try to help the team thats like 10minutes behind already, and then get switched a minute after. Then I need to wait in spec until someone fills the empty slot, and usually by that time the match is already completly over, thus the teambalancer is doing nothing but wasting time.

KiSA wrote:I understand it is only session/1-day bans, but what is the mystical "Abusing" and "Winnig team" thing after few seconds of the match?
As an experieced player, you should be able to take a pretty good guess regarding team balance within the very first seconds of a match by pressing F1 and taking player names and pings into consideration. There is only a limited amount of people still playing this game and on this server, and only a minority of those are completly new to the game.