Ban Appeal - "False Claims" & "Team Hampering"

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Cryflex

Ban Appeal - "False Claims" & "Team Hampering"

Post by Cryflex » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 7:30 am

Ban 1:
7 days for hampering dragonfly pretending to learn controls.
> Cryflex[TeamSay:Red]: Calp, take the plane and just idle in it! :D
> Cryflex[TeamSay:Red]: PLEASE
> Cryflex: I'd take a ban just to annoy you :)
  • - I was learning the controls, it's not my fault I am a noob.

- Include the entire log and you'll see I even asked Hamish how to fly it correctly and he doesn't answer, so I was stuck being a noob in the plane.

- There was just me & Hamish on Blue, so it is impossible for it to be team-hampering because you can't complete the objective with a plane, You use the cars for objectives.

Ban 2:
7 days for intentionally falsely claiming other player abused the balancer. Sorry bro, but I don't buy the story "you didn't know it was a balancer abuse" when you got banned for it before.
> Visit our forum on http://www.ldg-gaming.eu
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH is now on red.
> LDG accepts donations, V.I.P. status and increased mapvote weight is awarded to donors (10E / month).
> Cryflex: Ultimate purple
> Orange: omg
> Cryflex: oh team switcher
> rai: lolz
> Cryflex: team balance abuser
> rai: roflmao
> rai: sry orange :D
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: die
> Cryflex: incoming ban for you
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: idk
  • - How is that a false claim, it quite clearly says: [SAS]Lt.HAMISH is now on red.

- What on earth are you on about with regards to "Sorry bro, but I don't buy the story "you didn't know it was a balancer abuse" when you got banned for it before.", I am reporting him for it because he abused it, not me. He made the teams unbalanced by jumping teams mid-game from blue to red. I've already explained in https://ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3389 that my ban about teambalancer abuse was a misunderstanding, it was me thinking they were just being rude telling me to switch teams because they had me on their team. I didn't realise I had switched teams back when that happened.
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Ban Appeal - "False Claims" & "Team Hampering"

Post by iZumo » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 8:33 am

1) There wasn't just you and Hamish, but roughly counting cca. 8 players.
2) While digging into it, I also found you were the one abusing the balancer. We both know that balancer abuse is not switching to the other team, but manipulating the balancer so it switches another player and then joining the game again.

etc.

Actually I find your actions laughable, because if you actually didn't post anything, we probably wouldn't notice and if you didn't post again, I'd not double check the log to find your balancer abuse LOL

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 3:53 pm

I'm completely against the first ban. I left just before this game but I stayed a bit looking through webadmin. The quote about asking Calypto to idle in the plane was a joke, I'm 100% sure about it because we were already talking about it 1 or 2 maps before. Calypto was here at that moment and didn't ban, what will he say about it?
Also there is only 1 dfly, why would it be only for the "pros"? Why people not able to fly it couldn't try? Add at least a 2nd one or add back that trial there was on an earlier version of the map. This map can become very boring when there is only one good pilot in the game bombing the shit out of the other team. Aza at the time said that benders were too strong to dfly, but the fast respawn time added to the atlas 100 shots needed to kill a dfly makes it very infuriating for drivers.

There is a teambalancer abuse from, Cryflex, I agree on this. But he's not falsely claiming anything. I think you misunderstood what he said: Ultimate Purple joins the game, and in the same second Hamish switches teams, that's where the "team switcher/team balancer abuse" is to be found.

It's also true that I let Hamish go on JvehicleRace because he tried to RAM me but failed and warned him, so he's not all white too. And he purposely closed the garage on me on Volcano fucking up my car and got a kick. So if you check the 1 or 2 logs before you can ban him too.

So in my opinion it should be 7 days for Cryflex and Hamish.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 5:01 pm

Sorry Bono, but I completely agree with the first ban; not based on the quote Izumo gave, because that probably was a joke, but for the conversation after RyRy joined back again:
> Cryflex: faggot
> Cryflex: i got plane
> rai: n1
> Cryflex: he cant do shit
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: I can get u banned for this
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: yes he is hampering the team like warrior
> Cryflex: all I am doing is trying to learn to fly :)
> rai: ur the first one to get banned
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: fly then
> Cryflex: I am learning controls :)
> Cryflex: not my fault I am a noob at learning
> Cryflex: I cant move :(
> rai: hamish very angry right now
> Cryflex: not sure why
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: ban incoming
> Orange: ahaha
> rai: lolzlz
> Orange: gj cry
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: i dont even mind if I get banned too, I got exams
> Cryflex: I'd take a ban just to annoy you :)
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: fuck it then
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: we both get banned
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: u bitch
> Cryflex: I am a noob, i cant fly :(
> rai: its pretty annoying
> Cryflex: poor me
> rai: cryflex take ur time for learning it bro
Pretty obvious that he was just sitting in the vehicle, not attempting to move - he can't control it, so he'd instantly suicide if he'd do, which would give Hamish the chance to compete. Hamish switching teams (perfectly legal and yet another attempt by RyRy to get a 'fag' banned) means he didn't get this chance.

From Sunshine, 29th March:
> Cryflex: they can fucking land... i cant even fly them
Implying he's tried to fly before, and failed - so 'learning the controls' is utter nonsense. He knows perfectly well how to start the engine.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 6:57 pm

Cry cry already should be banned long time ago for blaming people in cheating w/o any proof.

I agree with Izumo here.
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 9:55 pm

bOnO wrote:The quote about asking Calypto to idle in the plane was a joke, I'm 100% sure about it because we were already talking about it 1 or 2 maps before. Calypto was here at that moment and didn't ban, what will he say about it?
I was idling in spec so I don't know what happened.
bOnO wrote:It's also true that I let Hamish go on JvehicleRace because he tried to RAM me but failed and warned him, so he's not all white too. And he purposely closed the garage on me on Volcano fucking up my car and got a kick. So if you check the 1 or 2 logs before you can ban him too.
If he rammed you before me and you gave him a warning, then he should've been banned after he rammed me later during the map.

Code: Select all

> Cryflex: what a fucking asshole
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: its a gam
> Cryflex became a spectator.
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: DAT RS
> Cryflex: a game im not playing
> Orange: wtf
> (RTO)>Drive!<: where ramming os forbidden
> (RTO)>Drive!<: is
Apparently he didn't ram, but Bono gave Hamish the warning anyway.

then

Code: Select all

> Cryflex[TeamSay]: inc calpy
> galybdo: hamish
> Cryflex: Hamish..
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: lol
This is where he rammed again, so it's 7 days for him.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 9:59 pm

This is turning into a trainwreck. Trying to get someone else a ban has gotten himself banned for like 2 months.

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 10:01 pm

iRobot wrote:This is turning into a trainwreck. Trying to get someone else a ban has gotten himself banned for like 2 months.
I concur.

Satin

Post by Satin » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 10:15 pm

I'll reiterate, the map needs looking at, atlas's removed & replaced with benders (or a much longer respawn for the dragonfly) and the no dragonfly version to be reinstated. Sunshine used to be a lot of fun, but with the Dragonfly AND atlas's it's not much fun now.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 10:56 pm

Satin wrote:I'll reiterate, the map needs looking at, atlas's removed & replaced with benders (or a much longer respawn for the dragonfly) and the no dragonfly version to be reinstated. Sunshine used to be a lot of fun, but with the Dragonfly AND atlas's it's not much fun now.
1) Sunshine is Socio's map. So only he can change it.

2) You can use shiled on Hellbender only 3 times, on lolcars - infinite. If u turn shield on and repair when needed - it's np to make an object. Plus gun in car shots pretty fast. Good team work and map is done.

3) We had hb version w/o drgfly. And version with lolcars have been voted much more often.

4) If map so so unbalanced, not fun and bad players would not vote it.

5) This is forum for ban appeals. If u have suggestions about map you should write on the other topic.
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael