Ban Appeal - "False Claims" & "Team Hampering"

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Ban Appeal - "False Claims" & "Team Hampering"

Post by bOnO » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 10:59 pm

OK... So now explain to me now how we reach a 2 months ban? Because even if everything is against him, we have: dfly hampering (1 day), teambalancer abuse (7 days because second time)... That makes 8 days. You may want to add the false claims shit even if players do it everyday (crying for AFK or abuse of any kinds without justification) that would add a few days, and even if you increment all of this we're at what, 30 days? ... Or maybe he meant April and not May?
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 11:27 pm

Exactly. It's not that hard to kill the dfly. The problem is the noobs go solo.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 01 Apr , 2016 12:20 am

bOnO wrote:OK... So now explain to me now how we reach a 2 months ban? Because even if everything is against him, we have: dfly hampering (1 day), teambalancer abuse (7 days because second time)... That makes 8 days. You may want to add the false claims shit even if players do it everyday (crying for AFK or abuse of any kinds without justification) that would add a few days, and even if you increment all of this we're at what, 30 days? ... Or maybe he meant April and not May?
He had 1 day for balancer abuse. 7 days for dfly hamper + 30 days for balancer abuse (alongside with IMO intentionaly falsely claiming Hamish abused it instead). That's 37 days, not two month.

EDIT: Ah oops, fixed the expiry date.
bOnO wrote:I'm completely against the first ban. I left just before this game but I stayed a bit looking through webadmin. The quote about asking Calypto to idle in the plane was a joke, I'm 100% sure about it because we were already talking about it 1 or 2 maps before. Calypto was here at that moment and didn't ban, what will he say about it?
Also there is only 1 dfly, why would it be only for the "pros"? Why people not able to fly it couldn't try? Add at least a 2nd one or add back that trial there was on an earlier version of the map. This map can become very boring when there is only one good pilot in the game bombing the shit out of the other team. Aza at the time said that benders were too strong to dfly, but the fast respawn time added to the atlas 100 shots needed to kill a dfly makes it very infuriating for drivers.
There is nothing wrong with people learning how to fly dragonfly. But it's a different story when they are intentionally blocking the dragonfly by sitting in there & idling or just trolling / flying around and not doing any bombing (provided they are blocking other player from actual bombing). That's team hamper.

Whether the gameplay is infuriating the drivers is a matter of their opinion. Some like it, others don't, but it doesn't justify breaking the rules (Atlas has infinite shield, so that proper timing of shileding & repairs will make you do the objective).
bOnO wrote:There is a teambalancer abuse from, Cryflex, I agree on this. But he's not falsely claiming anything. I think you misunderstood what he said: Ultimate Purple joins the game, and in the same second Hamish switches teams, that's where the "team switcher/team balancer abuse" is to be found.

It's also true that I let Hamish go on JvehicleRace because he tried to RAM me but failed and warned him, so he's not all white too. And he purposely closed the garage on me on Volcano fucking up my car and got a kick. So if you check the 1 or 2 logs before you can ban him too.

So in my opinion it should be 7 days for Cryflex and Hamish.
I'm not seeing a balancer abuse from Hamish. Ultimate Purple joins the game first, then a little after Hamish switches team. Which is a scenario that Hamish waited for the switch to be possible without getting anybody else switched and thus perfectly legal (in RACE).

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Fri 01 Apr , 2016 12:30 am

Izumo wrote:
bOnO wrote:OK... So now explain to me now how we reach a 2 months ban? Because even if everything is against him, we have: dfly hampering (1 day), teambalancer abuse (7 days because second time)... That makes 8 days. You may want to add the false claims shit even if players do it everyday (crying for AFK or abuse of any kinds without justification) that would add a few days, and even if you increment all of this we're at what, 30 days? ... Or maybe he meant April and not May?
He had 1 day for balancer abuse. 7 days for dfly hamper + 30 days for balancer abuse (alongside with intentionaly falsely claiming). That's 37 days, not two month.

Please also ban me for 7 days due to ramming.

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Fri 01 Apr , 2016 12:38 am

Izumo wrote:1) There wasn't just you and Hamish, but roughly counting cca. 8 players.
2) While digging into it, I also found you were the one abusing the balancer. We both know that balancer abuse is not switching to the other team, but manipulating the balancer so it switches another player and then joining the game again.

etc.

Actually I find your actions laughable, because if you actually didn't post anything, we probably wouldn't notice and if you didn't post again, I'd not double check the log to find your balancer abuse LOL
I posted, because it was the right thing to do. I'm off on holiday in a few days time so it's no biggy for me. I'll be flying out to Australia and then onwards to China for the Chinese Grand Prix weekend.

I didn't do anything wrong and you know it where as he did do something wrong.

As for you now trying to say that I am teambalance abusing... go look how many people were in the game, there were a total of like 4 people in the game and they were all spectating with the exception of Hamish who was the sole person "playing", I can't remember if rai was playing too but if he was then it had 2 people playing, both just going around in dragonflys not doing the objective so I joined the game to try and get the objective complete so we could get onto the next map.

bOnO wrote:I'm completely against the first ban. I left just before this game but I stayed a bit looking through webadmin. The quote about asking Calypto to idle in the plane was a joke, I'm 100% sure about it because we were already talking about it 1 or 2 maps before. Calypto was here at that moment and didn't ban, what will he say about it?
Also there is only 1 dfly, why would it be only for the "pros"? Why people not able to fly it couldn't try? Add at least a 2nd one or add back that trial there was on an earlier version of the map. This map can become very boring when there is only one good pilot in the game bombing the shit out of the other team. Aza at the time said that benders were too strong to dfly, but the fast respawn time added to the atlas 100 shots needed to kill a dfly makes it very infuriating for drivers.
I actually got the plane stuck too, somehow in the mesh behind the spawn for a while. As previously mentioned there was a max of 4 players in the game, 2 of which were flying so there were only 2 solo benders per team and then when people left it turned into just 1 solo bender, then into no benders just two planes...

bOnO wrote:There is a teambalancer abuse from, Cryflex, I agree on this. But he's not falsely claiming anything. I think you misunderstood what he said: Ultimate Purple joins the game, and in the same second Hamish switches teams, that's where the "team switcher/team balancer abuse" is to be found.
I never team balance abused at all as previously explained or falsely claimed as you rightfully worked out.

bOnO wrote:It's also true that I let Hamish go on JvehicleRace because he tried to RAM me but failed and warned him, so he's not all white too. And he purposely closed the garage on me on Volcano fucking up my car and got a kick. So if you check the 1 or 2 logs before you can ban him too.
He continued to do it on Sunshine too, slowing up and ramming into cars and also going full speed into them, sure I have no proof of this but you all know that it's true, it's Hamish.

bOnO wrote:So in my opinion it should be 7 days for Cryflex and Hamish.
While I completely disagree with my ban, seems pointless trying to defend myself. I actually also disagree with the length of Hamish's which may surprise people but that's just because I disagree with the length increases for things like this. 2 day ban is fair.

Cryflex: I cant move :(
I was actually stuck... I got it stuck in the mesh somehow when reversing.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:
> Cryflex: they can fucking land... i cant even fly them
Implying he's tried to fly before, and failed - so 'learning the controls' is utter nonsense. He knows perfectly well how to start the engine.
So... a noob isn't allowed to try? I never said the engine wasn't working. I was learning it all. Just look at previous games when we've been on that map, rai, dave, and others have let me try to learn it and I'm terrible, it just nose dives off the edge.

Eiforia wrote:Cry cry already should be banned long time ago for blaming people in cheating w/o any proof.

I agree with Izumo here.
Of course you would agree with Izumo, you hate me and are always just being rude, nasty and aggressive towards me.

Calypto wrote:
bOnO wrote:The quote about asking Calypto to idle in the plane was a joke, I'm 100% sure about it because we were already talking about it 1 or 2 maps before. Calypto was here at that moment and didn't ban, what will he say about it?
I was idling in spec so I don't know what happened.
Oh, I thought you were actually there.

Calypto wrote:This is where he rammed again, so it's 7 days for him.
This game needs a way to snapshot the last minute of gameplay, because things happen, you don't get them recorded and then have no proof... it's alright for you admins because well you're admins but for general players we have no defense. I can't record constantly in the game because it lags my game for some reason.

iRobot wrote:This is turning into a trainwreck. Trying to get someone else a ban has gotten himself banned for like 2 months.
Only because Izumo & co don't like me, they know that I did nothing wrong too.

Satin wrote:I'll reiterate, the map needs looking at, atlas's removed & replaced with benders (or a much longer respawn for the dragonfly) and the no dragonfly version to be reinstated. Sunshine used to be a lot of fun, but with the Dragonfly AND atlas's it's not much fun now.
Much longer respawn on the dragonfly would solve it, likewise maybe add the non-dragonfly version. The map is a nice map, just it's ruined by the planes and even some of the good flyers will agree with that.

Eiforia wrote: 1) Sunshine is Socio's map. So only he can change it.

2) You can use shiled on Hellbender only 3 times, on lolcars - infinite. If u turn shield on and repair when needed - it's np to make an object. Plus gun in car shots pretty fast. Good team work and map is done.

3) We had hb version w/o drgfly. And version with lolcars have been voted much more often.

4) If map so so unbalanced, not fun and bad players would not vote it.

5) This is forum for ban appeals. If u have suggestions about map you should write on the other topic.
FYI, he's not actually backing me up or anything... so don't get aggressive at him. I'm pretty sure Satin hates me like you do too so calm your self.

Re 1) Fair enough

Re 2) Impossible to have gunner when there is only 2-4 people playing if two of those are in planes...

Re 3) The lolcars are much better on this map than hellbenders, where is a ver with lolcars and no df?

Re 4) There were 4 people playing... 2 who love flying and 2 that don't, so it had more votes also not everyone manages/remembers to vote so sometimes maps get voted for when no one wants it. Likewise how Blazing/Ascend gets picked a lot when no one votes... Ascend is one of the worst maps on this server because so little people can complete it, we had a game a few days ago that had 12 people in it, Ascend got voted by 3 people and within 5 mins the server only had 3 people left.

ILoveTheNorth wrote:Exactly. It's not that hard to kill the dfly. The problem is the noobs go solo.
There were 2-4 people in the game... it's near on impossible to kill a good pilot of the DF when it's just a solo person.

Objective 1, the furthest someone got was rai and he got only half way before being killed and that was only because you was typing and crashed the plane.

Izumo wrote:He had 1 day for balancer abuse. 7 days for dfly hamper + 30 days for balancer abuse (alongside with intentionaly falsely claiming). That's 37 days, not two month.

You sure do love proving my point and are blind beyond belief to who abused rules and who didn't.

ILoveTheNorth wrote:Please also ban me for 7 days due to ramming.
As I previously said, I disagree with 7 days, 2 days is fair for ramming in planes. :)
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Fri 01 Apr , 2016 1:16 am

Cryflex wrote:
]INSERT MASSIVE CRYFLEX POST HERE.
At least be man enough to admit you were actually just idling in the dfly - to prevent me from flying it.

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Fri 01 Apr , 2016 1:31 am

ILoveTheNorth wrote:
Cryflex wrote: INSERT MASSIVE CRYFLEX POST HERE.
At least be man enough to admit you were actually just idling in the dfly - to prevent me from flying it.
1) I would if that is what I was doing, which I wasn't.

2) Even if I was doing it, which I wasn't it would be more than fair considering the circumstances of having just 1-4 players (it dropped down to just you at one point).
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Fri 01 Apr , 2016 1:38 am

Cryflex wrote:
ILoveTheNorth wrote:
Cryflex wrote: INSERT MASSIVE CRYFLEX POST HERE.
1) I would if that is what I was doing, which I wasn't.

2) Even if I was doing it, which I wasn't it would be more than fair considering the circumstances of having just 1-4 players (it dropped down to just you at one point).
Hopefully in the next 37 days or so you man-up a bit.

Ciao.

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Fri 01 Apr , 2016 1:53 am

ILoveTheNorth wrote:Hopefully in the next 37 days or so you man-up a bit.

Ciao.
Well, I'm going to be pretty busy in Australia & China for a month, (7 of those days are in China) then a further 2 weeks in France so it's not like I will be that bothered, even though all those 37 days are unjust and uncalled for as I did nothing wrong.

EDIT: Bono and others in France, any of you live near Lyon? I'll be around there in 2nd/3rd of May for two weeks :) although most of that will be in the Alps

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Fri 01 Apr , 2016 2:00 am

Cryflex wrote:
ILoveTheNorth wrote:Hopefully in the next 37 days or so you man-up a bit.

Ciao.
Well, I'm going to be pretty busy in Australia & China for a month, (7 of those days are in China) then a further 2 weeks in France so it's not like I will be that bothered, even though all those 37 days are unjust and uncalled for as I did nothing wrong.

EDIT: Bono and others in France, any of you live near Lyon? I'll be around there in 2nd/3rd of May for two weeks :) although most of that will be in the Alps
Literally the most clichéd statement on LDG ban appeals sub forum.