going by the rules

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Re: going by the rules

Post by bOnO » Fri 08 Apr , 2016 11:51 pm

Most players (if not all) are from Europe or America. I've seen once or twice an asian guy with a ping of 400 play here in 6 years. We speak English because it's one of the most spoken language of the world, and even asian, african, oceanian people must know it (for trade or whatever). English is convenient because we're all from different countries in the admin team for example, but we all know English and we need to communicate and be understood.

If somebody doesn't understand something, we'll explain, we're not here only to ban, we have no performance rewards. You're also free to make suggestions or open a debate, that's why this forum exists.

It's true that they're supposed to know or read the rules, they are even available ingame (via the F12 key). It happens on every forums of every websites and every servers...
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

focus

Post by focus » Sat 09 Apr , 2016 12:05 am

Azarael
I dont know what appear for you in my words, if you start suddenly about 'lawlessness' and 'free to leave'.
I didnt have anything in mind. Nor i had anything against this western thingies.
By stating those things about western culture you simply tell people what to expect.

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Sat 09 Apr , 2016 3:29 am

focus wrote:Looks like rules of the server are inclined towards realities of the western world.
Without explicitly worded agreement. While, server itself is located in the internet. Global space without borders. And there are enough players here who do not live in USA, Germany, UK, etc. World is not limited to the west.
Even English language, which is used on the forum and inside the game, is global.
Do you work for Gazprom?

Any chance you could put in a good word for me? Sent them my C.V about 7 times now but no response.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 09 Apr , 2016 1:40 pm

focus wrote:I also want to say that when people from other parts of the world join server and play, they may not know even the English. They could have different views, not consistent with stated rules. And you will ban them, if they will break them? Declare them as violators of rules they have no idea of?
Compare it to immigration. When you move to a new country you have to follow the laws there or you get your ass deported. Ignorance is not a defense when you take alcohol into somewhere like Saudi Arabia for example. Sure, this is a vastly different scenario, but the principle is the same.