Silly ban

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Ashlin

Silly ban

Post by Ashlin » Fri 22 Jul , 2016 11:05 pm

But that's not faaaaiiiirrrrrrr. I wasn't offending anyone, I wasn't insulting anyone. Noone even said anything about it apart from one of the other players as a joke, which is all it was - a joke, I wasn't being provocative or playing devil's advocate or anything like that. ;"(
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Den
System Administrator

Re: Silly ban

Post by Den » Fri 22 Jul , 2016 11:10 pm

No, you should say that it was not you, it's again your brother

Ashlin

Post by Ashlin » Fri 22 Jul , 2016 11:47 pm

Den wrote:No, you should say that it was not you, it's again your brother
... My brother is ten and mildly dyslexic; he doesn't talk on UT ever

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 23 Jul , 2016 3:46 am

I'm pretty sure you were well aware what's gonna follow when you typed that.
kiddingme

Ashlin

Post by Ashlin » Sat 23 Jul , 2016 12:23 pm

Firstly, haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Walking Dead. Yeah I won't be able to talk for a while apparently.
Secondly, this is a really petty ruling system. Observe: if I were to say something along the lines of "I've got the Black Death", that would prompt no/little actions from the admins regardless of the fact that 50 million people were killed by this as oppose to 6 million Jews in the Holocaust.
Similarly, if I started talking about what meat I'm going to eat for dinner, the reaction from other players would be nothing but happy conversation, again, regardless of the fact that 56 BILLION farmed animals are killed a year. Is that okay to talk about because the majority of people indulge in the needless industry?
What about God and his apparent 'Big Flood'? What about Ebola? What about terrorists?
If you're going to ban one, you should ban them all. I don't mind being banned all that much; it means I can do more stuff, but this system really annoys me.
I should also say the obvious thing before someone else does: "spotted the buthurt vegan".

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Sat 23 Jul , 2016 12:28 pm

Its really nice to know that admins are not actually obliged to reply to all that.
"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 23 Jul , 2016 12:54 pm

I thought you were an intelligent person Ashlin. Is this the state of modern education? Are you seriously comparing the dictatorship of Adolf Hitler, a man whose actions (in addition to the Japanese invasion of Manchuria in the 1930s) resulted in the death of 3% of the world's population, to the plight of factory farmed animals? Really? Not only is that pathetic, but it's insulting and ignorant. The ban is fully deserved, if only to remind people that the desensitisation of this terrible individual should never be allowed.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Ashlin

Post by Ashlin » Sat 23 Jul , 2016 1:28 pm

Earl I don't think I can display how much your 'response' makes me hate you right now. I realise that quoting or joking about massacring people such as the one in question is not the right thing to do. But I thought you would see both sides of the argument. Your total disregard for animals (we are also animals believe it or not) has shown otherwise. I'm trying really hard to not be a preacher because I absolutely hate vegan preachers, but you really should understand about the fact of animals being sentient and feelings of pain so equal to ours. Again, just because the majority of the population takes comfort in the factory farming business etc. Killing billions (which, if you're really good at maths, you will know that 56 billion is more than 6 million. I realise you might need a calculator for this, so I'll give you time).
I'll use a comparison: if the Nazi's had won the war, and Jew's were still being killed by any means. Would that be morally right?..... No it wouldn't, so why can't you understand that animals are in the exact same situation?

In hindsight, I realise that none of what I'm saying will change your mind - you were probably brought up in a predominately meat-eating household so you know no other way, I apologise for my rudeness, it's just when people are so close minded it gets on my nerves.

Thewalkingdead3

Post by Thewalkingdead3 » Sat 23 Jul , 2016 4:39 pm

AH ashmin sry for you ok you are muted :(
Le silence rend les rageux encore plus fou 🔪
Retient un truc je ferrai plus d'effort pour revenir vers toi
Tu m'a trahis sa veut dire que tu as pas des rourounette

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Sat 23 Jul , 2016 6:32 pm

*Inserts "Well that escalated quickly" meme*