My Ban

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Raven

My Ban

Post by Raven » Wed 23 Feb , 2011 11:26 pm

Hi,

is a complete mystery to me why I was banned supposedly because of the team balance. I went out briefly, because I had to do something and then came back inside. Because the defenders were beneficial, I went to the blue team, where I was before. And that is why I was banned, that may not even be right?
Please delete this unjust ban.
Admin: ColdFire]

Greetings
Raven

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: My Ban

Post by Azarael » Thu 24 Feb , 2011 12:15 am

If the result of your spectating is that somebody else is forced to change teams, you must NOT rejoin the current game.

Raven

Post by Raven » Thu 24 Feb , 2011 12:21 am

So if you have time to do just that, do not you play more? This is no kidding right?
So this one should not do as an admin, if you after a while comes in, that you will be banned immediately, because only changes to his old team.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 24 Feb , 2011 12:52 am

This is the rule that I abide by myself.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Thu 24 Feb , 2011 12:55 am

The rule is this:
If you go spectating and the teambalancer switches someone to the other team because of that then you cannot join for the rest of the match.

You have to watch this on your own, it is not nice to the player who got switched this way.

Raven

Post by Raven » Thu 24 Feb , 2011 1:11 am

So if I was going to stop trying to manipulate the team, I would understand it, yes, but as described, I made only one switch.
The one who had switched to the other team was even able to go back again after I was back in it.
In the rules it is that it uses the Teambalancer to which I have not done so. Well no matter now ... You should make such decisions only if one utilizes the Teambalancer help to eventually get to the other team, because that really sucks and is made more often (go player as spectator and then come back in, so that your team is greater). And this was not my intention.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Thu 24 Feb , 2011 1:19 am

No, you don't get it. It's ok if you just leave the match for 2 minutes and then join back. But when you are leaving, you have to check if the teambalancer didn't switch someone when you left - and if this is the case, then you cannot join back because it's considered teambalancer abuse then.

Deathblade
System Administrator

Post by Deathblade » Thu 24 Feb , 2011 2:01 am

It's a little ambiguous, I think...
Every guys watch the TeamBalance when he temporary leave/switch spectate ? It's not my case...

I'm just saying my opinion^^
The LDG admin !

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 24 Feb , 2011 2:14 am

It's a difficult case. We stopped players from spectating and rejoining to flip other players around, so they responded by spectating, waiting 1-2 min and then joining again. The only way to stop people doing it is to take a hard line.

Raven

Post by Raven » Thu 24 Feb , 2011 7:38 am

Certainly this is a difficult case. Only I know that this of my servers that was tried in this way the teams to manipulate. So you have 'yes also observe whether the person who makes this the time or only once. For if he makes it only once, it will probably have been a good reason, and if he makes it all the time, it's intention and it should be a ban for the current game.
What would also be an opportunity to ask first in the game, what you want so you can fix it. But with only one to ban same time is a bit too extreme right?