My ban!

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
uroshum

My ban!

Post by uroshum » Thu 26 May , 2011 8:33 am

I was to annoying on the server while talking on my mic,mute my mic but please unban me!thanke you

BOfH
V.I.P. Member

Re: My ban!

Post by BOfH » Thu 26 May , 2011 10:45 am

Three wailing postings? Relax, its just a three day ban. :|

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 26 May , 2011 5:17 pm

One thread is enough, please.

As for lifting the ban, well, it's only a three-day and it's up to the admin who banned you.

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Thu 26 May , 2011 5:38 pm

I remember that bastard talkings, half a players kickvoted him (used local channel that cannot be blocked), Socio kicked him about 5 times and he joined and muttered again and again...
I think after that Socio decided to ban him cause he had ignored everybody. Some Idiotic.

PS: Generally speaking, why we still have enabled voice at server if there is ventrilo for that who like to talk. Players that dont want to listen that noise just dont join ventrilo, but unreal voice local channel can not be locked at all, so pls disable voice at server totally - its useless since ventrilo added, and sometimes even annoying.

Update:
Azarael's quote from parallel theme:
Occasional information regarding tactics and strategy is fine.
1) Thats not needed:
- professional players know what to do, understand what do they partners do and so they perfectly work in groups w/o any communication at all
- medium players communicate effective w/ speech commands (like 'incoming', 'overrun' etc.) and short text types or binds like 'incL', 'cicada' etc.
- novice/lame players ignores everybody around, so voice is just annoying noise for them, moreover taking into account that mostly that muttering can not be recognised.
2) its annoying (last voice abuse accident showed this - everybody shouted 'STFU' after only few seconds of that muttering, and he speaked ALL THE TIME)

PS: And by the way, what local voice radius is set at server? It shoud be few meters (local voice chat created to simulate IRL non-radio chat), but we could hear that sickener at half the mapsize distance (some of benderraces).
PPS: But that does not matters because voice should be disable totally according to all the reasons I described above: useless, annoying, ventrilo server, not-blockable.

Update2:
I remember the nickname not 'striker89', but something else, maybe we r talking about two different accidents that happend last days. Well, there is all that can be said: voice mutters incoming.

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Socio » Thu 26 May , 2011 11:12 pm

The guy you are talking about Deja, was nicknamed Gabriel101, if I remeber correctly.
And yes, he was constantly talking in french, ture that I dont understand french, but I am pretty shure he wasnt talking about game tactics :P
I kicked him once and gave him a session after he rejoined and kept talking.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

uroshum

Post by uroshum » Thu 02 Jun , 2011 12:42 pm

ok my nickname is now uroshum in UT2004 and i'm talking becouse they muted the rong thing they or the admin muted chat not the mic so my apology,by the way i'm from serbia!