Ban

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Ban

Post by Takeo » Tue 28 Jun , 2011 10:12 pm

The naive fallacy begins when a human lets himself fall into rage and anger.

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Tue 28 Jun , 2011 10:47 pm

Nobody here are worth my rage :P Its too valuable resource...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 28 Jun , 2011 11:34 pm

Your post addressed absolutely nothing, and my patience is reaching its limit. Post on topic.

I'll say it again:

Disabling fog is a cheat. Do I care if someone disables fog on a standard map from the perspective as a player? Nope, why would I? Fog on standard maps is an optimisation feature as well you know and any fool disabling it can watch his FPS die for no tactical gain.

As an admin, do I care when someone has been proven willing to use a cheat (even if it was on a trials server, something motivated him enough to do it) and players offer no valid reasons for lifting the ban?

Hell yes.

We're in UTAN for a reason - to ban cheaters. Whether a cheater's conduct affects this server in particular does not bother me - cheaters of any kind deserve to cop a ban everywhere. There is no reason to protect somebody who is so arrogant or flawed as to believe that they deserve to use external assistance in order to gain status or prestige in a game, or to complete a task unfairly. The original purpose of UTAN was to protect all servers under it from prolific cheats and cheaters which could affect all of them, but I don't really care if the result is, occasionally, that somebody who tried to cheat on one server with a cheat which may or may not be of any actual use on ours is rendered incapable of playing on any UTAN servers.

If players are going to request bans lifted for every little inconvenience, then there's no point even being in UTAN. One law for EVERYONE.

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Wed 29 Jun , 2011 9:20 am

No point to talk with somebody here.

// Please dont speak - you only lies. (c) Depeche Mode

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 29 Jun , 2011 11:08 pm

Locked.