Banned

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Swarley

Banned

Post by Swarley » Sun 26 Jun , 2011 10:39 am

Hi Guys!

i got banned from RACE / Assault Server yesterday because i wrote "jew" in chat.
I think i got misunderstood^^ im not against jews, in fact i wrote jew to my mate "SpeedHunter". He is an real life friend of mine an hes jewish as well.
So sometimes we make jokes about him and call him a jew, because he is^^. In that moment i havent thought about that this could be misunderstood.

I think your server is the only good one in UT2k4 for races. And because I love to play racemaps and also love your server, ich beg you to unban me.
In the future im gonna make my jokes with him in Skype only so that i cant be misunderstood again.

So, please Admins unban me because im not antisemitistic <- dunno how to write it correctly :s or a racist.

I would love to play on your servers again.

Sry for my bad english but i hope you can understand something of what i worte above xD

Greetings,
Swarley

PS: Name as i played on your Server was "Starney_Binson"

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Re: Banned

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Sun 26 Jun , 2011 10:44 am

I think your buddy should confirm that here.

PS: Do not kill Kenny, bastard! // Sorry, could not resist ^^

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 26 Jun , 2011 12:36 pm

The rules clearly stipulate that certain offensive terms are unacceptable regardless of whether the target is accepting or not of the particular usage - you two were not the only players on the server at the time.

Swarley

Post by Swarley » Sun 26 Jun , 2011 12:49 pm

Hi,
i know.... and thats what i havent thought of in the moment when it happened.

Im REALLY sorry for what ive said. I dunno where my mind was...

I just wanted to ask you if you give me a second chance to play on your server...

The fact that SpeedHunter was meant by me shouldnt be a "explaination" or something like that... with that i just wanted to tell you how i was brought to say "jew" in chat...

All i wanted to do with my post was to tell you that im sorry for my dumb action in that moment, and that im not a racist or antisemitistic or anything like that... Maybe other people that where playing on the server in that moment cought have thought that i meant them and not my buddy... how should they know that i meant him and not any other person ? they couldnt... im clear about that now so i want to apologize also to any other that was on the server.

I didnt want to flame anybody on the server and my apologize goes to any on the server and to the whole LDG clan!

I hope you trust me when i say that this or ANYTHING in that case will ever be told by me in chat.

I also hope that you give me a second chance :(

Greetings,
Starney / Swarley

Edit: Sry for my bad english again, in some cases i cant even understand myself -.- should to some lessons maybe

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 26 Jun , 2011 2:50 pm

This isn't a permanent ban. I will update the ban logs accordingly.

Swarley

Post by Swarley » Sun 26 Jun , 2011 3:29 pm

Ah ok.

Was a bit wierd for me because i wasnt standing in the Ban Forum ^^

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sun 26 Jun , 2011 11:09 pm

Yes it's my fault. I issued the ban and forgot to report it to the ban section. I went on playing late, and then I went to sleep... And this morning it was decided that I wouldn't be at home for the day... Usually, ban for racist words (and you said 2: jew and nigga) is 7 days.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Swarley

Post by Swarley » Sun 03 Jul , 2011 11:22 am

Good morning guys!

Lifting time ?^^

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 03 Jul , 2011 1:15 pm

Ban lifted. My apologies for the delay, I don't do that much admin work around here anymore. If a ban is overdue for lifting, post as soon as you see this and we'll get it sorted.

Swarley

Post by Swarley » Sun 03 Jul , 2011 2:47 pm

No problem and thanks for lifting ^^

Wasnt at home until late morning today, but i posted as soon as i could :D