Alternative Voting system

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Alternative Voting system

Post by iRobot » Wed 01 Aug , 2012 9:11 am

Not possible to put AS and RACE in the same vote menu?

I've noticed whatever was played last, therefore what shows as default in the vote menu, is almost always what wins, unless someone votes tactically before the end of the game for a different game type.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Wed 01 Aug , 2012 7:23 pm

iRobot wrote:Not possible to put AS and RACE in the same vote menu?
That would only be confusing.
KillerB wrote:Definately think Chocolate Factory should be put on the server, you said ppl rage Aza, well they do that anyway so nowt new there. Maybe stick it on the OLDZ menu.

Hmm, chocolate fctry to OLDZ might work.
KillerB wrote:Along with the orginal scorp race where driving skill is the main objective and using ur nades from the assault rifle to stop the opposition. I downloaded a load of maps the other day, not had chance to go through them all yet, but im sure theres some good ones in there worth putting on.
Ehm, where is the driving skill in that when you can't avoid the grenade? I actually prefer the shock scorp version, where you can glitch and which is lamer :P
Azarael wrote:Unfortunately, in this debate, we don't have a leg to stand on. While it is true that Assault is more skilled, a better gametype, has better quality maps and is how the game was meant to be played, these are all moral qualities. If raisers want shit, shit is what we must serve to keep the server alive and if non-shit has to be penalised to keep shit running (thinking specifically the Junkyard penalty here, which incensed me) then that's simply what we're going to have to do.
Pretty much my viewpoint on the RACE / AS. Except the "how the game was meant to be played": who are you to say how the game is supposed to be played?

Anyway, as for our own viewpoints, you yourself refuse to be on the same ship as raisers ... just as I refuse to be on the same ship as AS players.

corinne h
V.I.P. Member

Post by corinne h » Wed 01 Aug , 2012 8:27 pm

I'll put my hand up and vote for chocolate factory on the server, I remember having a lot of fun on that one.

If someone's vote counts for anything, I'd like to vote for the original scorpion race to be re-added too. For the same reasons as K-B's.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 01 Aug , 2012 8:38 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:Anyway, as for our own viewpoints, you yourself refuse to be on the same ship as raisers ... just as I refuse to be on the same ship as AS players.
I'm like, on a raft in the middle of the two boats, just watching the cannonballs flying overhead.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 01 Aug , 2012 9:13 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:Pretty much my viewpoint on the RACE / AS. Except the "how the game was meant to be played": who are you to say how the game is supposed to be played?
Assault is a stock gametype within an FPS game. It's the way the game was meant to be played. When Epic allowed modding, I believe they were thinking of high quality mods, not rais. Ironically, of the best mods, only BW survives and even BW required resurrection, whereas rais will never die ;p

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 01 Aug , 2012 9:28 pm

Azarael wrote:
Izumo_CZ wrote:Pretty much my viewpoint on the RACE / AS. Except the "how the game was meant to be played": who are you to say how the game is supposed to be played?
Assault is a stock gametype within an FPS game. It's the way the game was meant to be played. When Epic allowed modding, I believe they were thinking of high quality mods, not rais. Ironically, of the best mods, only BW survives and even BW required resurrection, whereas rais will never die ;p
As a matter of fact, UnrealScript was designed as it was suitable for amateurs, and they went even futher with kismet, so it doesn't seem to me that they would not be OK with low quality mods (not saying happy either ofc). But my point is different: who are you that you find yourself to judge what modifications are eligible and what not, and using the outcome of it as a moral argument? I'm not referring to the technical part of thing, such as "making the players to play differently" with the RACE gametype foundation.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 01 Aug , 2012 9:31 pm

As long as its being run on a nvidia, it doesn't matter if its race. It says when you start UT that nvidia is the way its meant to be played.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 01 Aug , 2012 9:33 pm

iRobot wrote:As long as its being run on a nvidia, it doesn't matter if its race. It says when you start UT that nvidia is the way its meant to be played.
troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface
trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2
troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface
trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2 trollface troll2

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 01 Aug , 2012 9:39 pm

When I say "the way it's meant to be played" I refer to the stock gametypes only. Simple as that. They are what the game was designed around. It's very obvious in the case of all the ONSVehicles, because some of them (the Cicada, for example) are completely useless outside of their original gametype.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Thu 02 Aug , 2012 1:14 am

Azarael wrote:When I say "the way it's meant to be played" I refer to the stock gametypes only. Simple as that. They are what the game was designed around. It's very obvious in the case of all the ONSVehicles, because some of them (the Cicada, for example) are completely useless outside of their original gametype.