Assault Ladder

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.

Do you want the skill of the players to be public or not?

Yes, make it public for everyone
49%
No, show only my own skill
No votes
No, don't show skill at all
51%

Total votes: 35

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Assault Ladder

Post by Socio » Sun 05 May , 2013 4:54 pm

I dont take responsibility how Izumo interpretes the term of farming, everyone can think of its meaning differently.
I wont say anything new in this topic and I still hold on what I stated before. If you would want your 1000 deaths to be reconsidered, talk to the admins.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 05 May , 2013 5:16 pm

I am talking to te admins since page 2 lol. Izumo missunderstand what you told him what I am doing. You told him Im farming kills and he understood it in this way that i hide somewhere away from the objectives not even trying to defend in any way. And that is just completly wrong. He said he wont trust my pictures but thats what Im actually doing. Eiforia and Azarael know what Im doing and they dont think I should be punished for it because there is nothing wrong with it. Izumo simply missunderstood what you told him. I can understand the punishment I received BASED ON what he understood but thats not what Im doing. iRobot is not an admin but he supports my side as well as every other player who knows the story. I seriously dont know what Izumos and especially your problem is with me. If your definition of farming is killing the attackers faster and more efficient than 98% of the other players without breaking any rules... then Im guilty. Otherwise remove the 1000 deaths.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

BOT
V.I.P. Member

Post by BOT » Sun 05 May , 2013 6:17 pm

i support izumo to make this wanker relax and dont give a shit about these stats.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 05 May , 2013 6:45 pm

If its not about stats about what is it? Why do I get a penalty for something I didnt do? Socio is on #2 now. He told Izumo bullshit to get past me on the ladder. That "excuse" for gaming the system is ridiculous. If its not a matter of stats why not give me a temporary ban for no reason instead of completly destroying my stats for this GUID for no reason. Its very obvious that its a matter of stats for him/them.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sun 05 May , 2013 7:02 pm

As I said, I'm not going to debate here over how it was as I am not active on the server. All I saw myself was your confession in WebAdmin (which makes your posting looking like ;"( ). Right now, none of the admins vouched for penalty removal; be it ban from the ladder or +1000 deaths.

Nardaq_NL

Post by Nardaq_NL » Sun 05 May , 2013 7:31 pm

i'd say get rid of the shitty ladder in the first place joinha only but whining

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 05 May , 2013 8:06 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:As I said, I'm not going to debate here over how it was as I am not active on the server. All I saw myself was your confession in WebAdmin (which makes your posting looking like ;"( ). Right now, none of the admins vouched for penalty removal; be it ban from the ladder or +1000 deaths.
Did you even read the topic? Azarael already said on the second page that he doesnt see any problem with my play style and doesnt see a reason for the penalty. Eiforia said ingame to me that he can remove the penalty but since aza told me in pm that admins dont reverse other admins actions without their permission, I didnt ask for it any further because that might have coursed more drama. So you see, two admins are rather against the penalty, socio is for it and you say yourself that you dont take part in it yourself because you are not active on this server, ergo you dont even know my playstyle and since you dont even consider my screenshots you deserve no right to vote at all. 1 for it, 2 against it. So... ?

BOT
V.I.P. Member

Post by BOT » Sun 05 May , 2013 8:38 pm

Ye, thats pity.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sun 05 May , 2013 9:05 pm

BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:
Izumo_CZ wrote:As I said, I'm not going to debate here over how it was as I am not active on the server. All I saw myself was your confession in WebAdmin (which makes your posting looking like ;"( ). Right now, none of the admins vouched for penalty removal; be it ban from the ladder or +1000 deaths.
Did you even read the topic? Azarael already said on the second page that he doesnt see any problem with my play style and doesnt see a reason for the penalty. Eiforia said ingame to me that he can remove the penalty but since aza told me in pm that admins dont reverse other admins actions without their permission, I didnt ask for it any further because that might have coursed more drama. So you see, two admins are rather against the penalty, socio is for it and you say yourself that you dont take part in it yourself because you are not active on this server, ergo you dont even know my playstyle and since you dont even consider my screenshots you deserve no right to vote at all. 1 for it, 2 against it. So... ?
I've said it 1000 times already. The admin that reported you was Socio, I only realized the punishment. So you're wasting your time debating with me.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 05 May , 2013 9:13 pm

Right.

If we're going to get anywhere in this discussion, this loaded, retard verb "farming" is going to be left out and everyone is going to use the literal, non-anti-skilled-player meaning:

"maximising one's personal performance" for defense cases and "objective clearing" for attack cases where it's clear the player isn't playing TDM

That way we can cut out the bias against skilled players which always seems to pervade every discussion on skill, Assault gameplay and related affairs.

The current issues:

1) A number of users including myself either a) game the system or b) play in a similar manner on skill maps, and no penalty has been given
2) +1000 deaths is ridiculously high
3) I don't see that the player was ever warned
4) Unless I've missed a demo, there's no actual proof one way or another that how this player chooses to play benefits him at the expense of his team

A player chooses to play in a personally optimal manner on skill maps. This is not a problem until it can be obviously linked to the downfall of the team in defense rounds.