Assault Ladder

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.

Do you want the skill of the players to be public or not?

Yes, make it public for everyone
49%
No, show only my own skill
No votes
No, don't show skill at all
51%

Total votes: 35

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Assault Ladder

Post by iZumo » Thu 03 Jan , 2013 8:29 pm

Top players now can be seen in phgstats (http://www.ldg-gaming.eu/phgstats/index.php) on the URL: http://www.ldg-gaming.eu/phgstats/index ... Players=as

Press on the column header to sort by it. Attacker column checks how much you are worth as an attacker. If you do not see 1.00 under yourself, then you are most likely shieldrunning too much.

EDIT: Poll added about the skill visibility.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Assault Ladder

Post by iRobot » Thu 03 Jan , 2013 8:33 pm

41. »Deus- 315 251 0.69 4.62
troll2 troll2

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 04 Jan , 2013 3:43 pm

PS I think this is too weighted heavily on K:D. I know I spoke to you about tracking objectives Izumo and you mentioned how difficult it would be on a per map basis, but as it is currently, its just deathmatch rankings.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 04 Jan , 2013 7:05 pm

As it should be. Assault is still a game of killing and I'd like to see a midskill team beat a mid-highskill team consistently.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 04 Jan , 2013 10:36 pm

iRobot wrote:PS I think this is too weighted heavily on K:D. I know I spoke to you about tracking objectives Izumo and you mentioned how difficult it would be on a per map basis, but as it is currently, its just deathmatch rankings.

Woah buddy.. doing objectives is frowned upon here. Tread carefully!
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sat 05 Jan , 2013 3:42 pm

Would it be possible to also implement an "attack ladder"? Like the def one, but adding vehicle kills as normal kills and objectives would count, for example, for 2 kills? I'm still frustrated to have no stats on the scoreboard when I'm attacking. And it would also reward the obj takers.

Also is it possible to make it accessible anytime, as it seems to be the case in BW?
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sat 05 Jan , 2013 3:48 pm

bOnO wrote:Would it be possible to also implement an "attack ladder"? Like the def one, but adding vehicle kills as normal kills and objectives would count, for example, for 2 kills? I'm still frustrated to have no stats on the scoreboard when I'm attacking. And it would also reward the obj takers.

Also is it possible to make it accessible anytime, as it seems to be the case in BW?
You can toggle scoreboard view mode by F3 (or show local stats), it will first show DEF, then ATT, then overall. Vehicle kills are excluded - you can see it as being "rewarded" by getting no death if you die combating a vehicle. As said, objectives are yet to resolve, so the score is given fairly to all people helping with the objective.

I don't understand what you meant by the "all time accessibility"? You can see it from here too: www.ldg-gaming.eu/phgstats/index.php
iRobot wrote:PS I think this is too weighted heavily on K:D. I know I spoke to you about tracking objectives Izumo and you mentioned how difficult it would be on a per map basis, but as it is currently, its just deathmatch rankings.
Azarael wrote:As it should be. Assault is still a game of killing and I'd like to see a midskill team beat a mid-highskill team consistently.
Assault is game of doing objectives and advancing through the maps, with both time and killing taking its part. But we have no reliable way how to grade "time" part, that would award all players doing the objective fairly, also due to lack of map support. Thus only the "killing" part is graded - for attackers isn't true that best k:d denotes best player (farming & not doing objectives) but you can say that for defenders and that's why only defenders are taken into account.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 05 Jan , 2013 7:25 pm

I made a post here but then I saw that it made absolutely no sense and I'd skimmed too fast.

I'm not sure a time component is workable or necessary. For the purposes of a skill balancer, combat skill alone should be considered as it's far and away the biggest factor in determining victory or defeat.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 05 Jan , 2013 7:31 pm

Most games on LDG are balanced, so nets usually end up -5 ~ +5.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sat 26 Jan , 2013 4:49 pm

I have some suggestions to improve the scoreboard:

- The scoreboard always displays the defenders kills/deaths, could it be possible to have the attackers one for attackers and leave the defenders one for defenders?
- Also when you choose to display the overall kill/death ratio by pressing f3 for example, when you close the scoreboard and come back it displays the defenders ratio again. Could it be possible to remember the last displayed option?
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...