Assault Ladder

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.

Do you want the skill of the players to be public or not?

Yes, make it public for everyone
49%
No, show only my own skill
No votes
No, don't show skill at all
51%

Total votes: 35

proof
Banned

Re: Assault Ladder

Post by proof » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 1:36 am

Im pretty sure if I switch teams without anyone explicitly asking for it, the one or the other admin would "interprete" it as something banable and I would yet receive another ridiculous punishment (aka 7 day ban if I remember the rules correctly).
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 7:12 am

I recall Azarael not banning you for a regular team balancer abuse in C&C (though you got shitbanned by Socio before, so you're pretty much square).

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 11:11 am

thats true. I know I commited a banable offence but I balanced teams on C&C. It was 5 vs 4 I think, and the score was 10-3 already, our team asked for team balance, no one gave a shit so I abused the team balancer (at that point I didnt know it was even forbidden in such a case but yea I guess I wouldnt have complained about a ban at that time). About the ban by Socio, I dont wanna go over it again, you know my point of view.
Im just saying that I received unfair punishments before and sometime when I see Socio spectating for half a day when Im playing I sometimes think hes just waiting for me to break any rule to get satisfaction and ban me.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 11:24 am

I hate to say it but.. Its assault.. giving points just for defending only and your going to have everyone get in the mind set of camp/defend only. This just causes the effect of making people throw team balance and good sportsmanship out the window.

Don't get me wrong its cool to have some kinda of long term goal to reach by playing on the assault server. Having a ladder is nice for bragging rights. But everyone should be rewarded by what there skill set is(Not everyone is a dm master ninja). Completing objs should be counted as a point of some sort. Doing this may help encourage your good players from going dm style and forcing others to do same.

The ladder for baliistics works cause it is dm. This is assault..the whole point of it is to reach objectives the quickest by any means necessary(besides cheating.. donnie).

Ok enough bashing an already beat to death topic.. But everyone is constantly hating the skill system its got to reflect the gametype..
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 12:38 pm

Completing objectives is not linked to skill. I could easily turn around and say that I receive scant credit for clearing objs so that someone else can waltz up and sit on them. The problem being cited is not the attack/def flow, it's the team balance and players on defence playing for themselves. Attack credit does nothing for this.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 1:09 pm

It's not a game type that cares for K/D, you could go 100-0 and still lose badly on the losing team if you don't defend the relevant things.

I don't see why it is tracked at all.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 1:11 pm

Because combat skill and no other value is what stacks games.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 1:16 pm

So why have a ranking system where stacking is encouraged?

Hopefully this averaging system Izumo is making will make it so when a 7+ kills a 4~ it's not considered. Then there is no incentive to farm.

Typical game is 2-3 people of 6-8 skill farming the other team of 3, 4 and 5's.

Objective claiming needs to be included in the calculation more, too.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 1:27 pm

Izumo has already indicated that the skill spectrum will be ported to AS/Race.

Objective claiming needs to be kept OUT of the statistics. You and I both know it's utterly irrelevant because no skill is required to do objectives and the players who do the legwork to open up objectives are not necessarily the claimants of that objective. Compound this with the fact that you don't get any skill for your performance on Attack and you can't even argue that players are farming on Attack. Even when considering the likely final result of skill being hidden and being balancer only, it's still a problem.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 1:28 pm

Azarael wrote:Izumo has already indicated that the skill spectrum will be ported to AS/Race.

Objective claiming needs to be kept OUT of the statistics. You and I both know it's utterly irrelevant because no skill is required to do objectives. Even when considering the likely final result of skill being hidden and being balancer only, it's still a problem.
I do not know anything of the sort. The game is designed around claiming the objectives.