Post by iRobot » Fri 19 Jul , 2013 5:12 pm

No amount of work can save EggRace!

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Glitch / Exploit report thread

Post by Socio » Fri 19 Jul , 2013 5:35 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:Muh water fog.
Because the water fog is the crucial gameplay element in EggRace fts
iRobot wrote:improving AnotherAzaraceZixxer to be longer than 1:30 :)
The only way to improve the "3 minutes clone maps" (LifeRais2+3 and this) is to merge them all into one map with 5 objectives and remove the cloned objectives (LifeRais2 1st\DifferenRais 1st and LifeRais3 3rd/DifferentRais 3rd).
iRobot wrote:No amount of work can save EggRace!
That never stopped idiots from praising the the majority of shit maps as a true work of God and people who tried to fix them from being called the map "ruiners" and "fun killers" srsly
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 20 Jul , 2013 12:34 am

Socio wrote:
Izumo_CZ wrote:Muh water fog.
Because the water fog is the crucial gameplay element in EggRace fts
I agree

If it bothers you that much you can fix it. I'm only willing to fix gameplay issues if you want a work of art your barking up the wrong tree.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 07 Oct , 2013 2:18 pm

darkelf wrote:
iRobot wrote:On CrazyRace, just after the drop outside base, on road to obj 2, there's an octagonal tunnel. If you nitro through that, there is a slanted road piece. If you nitro onto it with your car pointing to the right, you will fly towards objective, cuz UT2004 physics.

Hard to explain but it works 1/2 of the time.
Fixed the landing to be flat instead of slanted. This should fix most if not all the random vehicles getting stuck.

This could fix what I beleave your saying is people random lucky vehicle physics jumping to obj. I put a blocking volume from the top of level to bottom. (This might fix the target painter exploiting as well. Which is mentioned below)
Socio wrote:Not to mention getting to the 2nd objective on a TargetPainter Dragonfly. Saw Markus practicing the jump on it (need to just count after how many seconds one needs to jump to get on top of the DF) but after I asked him what he was doing, he quited that.
If the weird physics jumping to obj wasn't there. I fixed the only other possibly area that you may be talking about and just put another blocking volume to cover the only possibility I can think of.,. (Vehicles possibly able to jump over the blocking volumes)
Silly left over item from original map removed. Such an eye sour.

I fixed the gap between the meshes. (few others I found while roaming the map in editor where fixed as well.)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?7ia5blt93lgz668

I made a silly mistake must of accidentally duplicated a physics volume and it was placed right over last jump to second obj( I swear it wasn't intentional!) I'm still baffled as to how in the world I completely missed this.

New download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?hqzi3z1fyft2899

Sorry about that. Shit happens.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 22 Oct , 2013 4:26 pm

darkelf wrote:AmazingEggRace[F4][E1]
Change log(including pictures):
Obj's 1-3 are no longer possible to be completed by driving on top of tubes.
Obj 1's tube glass texture has been replaced with proper texture.
Obj 6 can not be accessed by doing a scorp jump. (Triggered kill volume)
You can not climb up terrain to the top of level. (physics volume set at a certain height to kill anyone reaching that point.)
Fixed scorp jump on objs 5-6 bridge by just duplicating the same fix on the other side of the S curve
Hill Jump to the right of attackers spawn has been fixed made it higher so most will know its fixed and will not try. Also added a triggered kill volume for those not smart enough to figure out its just not going to happen.
Defender spawn bottom changed so if you fall you die.. See to many people clueless down there not knowing how to die. Also see benders getting stuck in that area often and not getting destroyed.
Bender spawn has been changed to prevent enemy from pushing the benders off. Also to prevent teleporter camping. Benders do not spawn until Final obj.
AmazingEggRace[F4][E2]

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?kw884n4xwqo1xc2

Change log:
-Widened the bender spawn platform, added more teleporters, made platform supported by poles instead of a walls(This was done cause it created a spam tunnel).
-Hill climbing has been reopened but done in a way that no harm can be done by doing it. Multiple physics volumes have been placed around key points to prevent exploiting. (You better be happy socio.. this was all done just for you)
-^^The physics volume that was over the whole map to prevent hill climbing has been removed.
-Random teleporter/secret area has been removed as it wasen't even possible to enter it in the first place.. so.. yah.
-Triggered kill volume to prevent players from climbing up hill to scorp jump up to bender path has been moved to be at the hill right outside of attackers spawn.. Hopefully this will make it a lot more obvious and quick for people to relize climbing that hill isn't going to get you anywhere...(Granted they will probably still try cause one can't be to sure until the 5th time trying)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 22 Oct , 2013 6:42 pm

darkelf wrote: -Random teleporter/secret area has been removed as it wasen't even possible to enter it in the first place.. so.. yah.
Do you mean the teleport to the 2x 100 Kegs and the 2x 100 Shields?

That is possible to reach and always has been. I'll be sad panda if you've removed it for nothing.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 22 Oct , 2013 7:38 pm

iRobot wrote:
darkelf wrote: -Random teleporter/secret area has been removed as it wasen't even possible to enter it in the first place.. so.. yah.

That is possible to reach and always has been. I'll be sad panda if you've removed it for nothing.

I am referring to this. I couldn't find any teleporter that lead to it. It probably got removed ages ago. I just finished the process.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 22 Oct , 2013 8:10 pm

darkelf wrote:
iRobot wrote:

I am referring to this. I couldn't find any teleporter that lead to it. It probably got removed ages ago. I just finished the process.
The teleporter is inbetween the first and second big egg

srsly

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 5:03 am

iRobot wrote: The teleporter is inbetween the first and second big egg

srsly
You mean the glowing emitter that had no teleporters there. Yah.. like I said the where removed some time ago. But I'll check again to see if I'm mistaken.. and even if I am there isn't really any reason to have the secrets in the first place.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 9:02 am

I know it works because I used it frequently :P