OLDZ

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: OLDZ

Post by Azarael » Tue 04 Dec , 2012 5:16 pm

I'll remove it if you wish, but I agree with iRobot. If racism is unacceptable it is ALWAYS unacceptable, no matter whether children find specific examples funny or not.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 06 Dec , 2012 4:23 pm

Motioning for permanent addition of OLDZ, with restrictive vote weight, and permanent removal of troll maps such as CatRaceTrack etc.

The current map pool on the server is extremely stagnant. Player counts are dropping noticably.

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Socio » Thu 06 Dec , 2012 5:06 pm

Permanent OLDZ? OH HELL NO.

I already wrote many times what is OLDZ, and the reason why it should not be permanent.
If we would really go desparate for players it either should be every second weekend or during every weekend in an extreme case.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 06 Dec , 2012 5:12 pm

Socio wrote:Permanent OLDZ? OH HELL NO.

I already wrote many times what is OLDZ, and the reason why it should not be permanent.
If we would really go desperate for players it either should be every second weekend or during every weekend in an extreme case.
I see Socio's point on this.. there is a good reason why the oldz stays on 1 weekend a month deal.

However Robot is right. There is very few players on the server lately due to lack of decent maps to play (excluding assault maps which face it not enough players to push those maps).

I would like to see more race maps modified and put into the map listing. If we can get a list of oldz race maps that would be good candidates to be modified/fixed to put in the racing map list i would be more then happy to try and edit some of them.

Granted I am usually busy as hell but I'll do what I can.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 06 Dec , 2012 5:25 pm

Well it has become rather extreme as of late. I find even myself less wanting to play on the RACE server due to the map choices, I feel many others are in the same PoV.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Thu 06 Dec , 2012 6:52 pm

While the latest OLDZ weekend showed that people voted OLDZ a lot, it didn't show the server would be unusually crowded, hence I'm not convinced that permament OLDZ would have that much effect.

As for Assault maps it's more difficult. When the 0.35 votes reduction was put online, AS came out with player quiting stats. While (checking last 14 days) AS doesn't really populate the server with more players (this will be partly due to 0.35 vote), it certainly reduced (as the +/- on AS hints, which is now similar to RACE, but examining the count in peak hours rather shows slightly declining population on AS maps) and the more frequent occurence of repeated AS voting in 0.35 allows us to lift the 0.35 vote penalty back to previous state (0.80 vote if 1 AS map played out of last 4, 0.60 vote if 2 - 4 AS maps were played out of last 4) without suffering for RQs on voting 2 or more AS maps in a row. We can give that a tryout but AS list should be cleaned more strictly (i.e no MotherShip, then noob unfriendly maps such as Damnation because of it's opt. objective).

Socio

Post by Socio » Thu 06 Dec , 2012 7:54 pm

Stagnant map pool is mostly caused by people who vote overplayed maps constantly to the point you go Z= =SS D=
Thats a normal thing unfortunatly, in the days on N&B I also suffered because people constantly voted TempleOfBoom, Grandcanyon, BallxOwnage Spamrosa and CNC.
But then again we dont have that many maps in RACE category (the fake crowd makers are the vehicle versions of the same map) and because they go down in mostly less then 10 mins, you see some maps being played few times a day. Maybe it wouldnt be a bad idea to look at the numbers of "map was played" and raise the blackout time on the most played, to add more circulation to the list.
The AS list is a bit more weider in content and has a richer pool to choose from, as dominating RACE maps are played most of the time, AS is played around 5-10 maps in a day, more or less. But some maps still have gameplay issues left unfixed, so they will more likely to cause a RQ flow from the weaklings.

And the Izumo in the post above is an impostor, real Izumo would never give more vote power to AS fts
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Thu 06 Dec , 2012 8:05 pm

When it comes to voting policy, I put my disdain towards 90% AS players aside.

Conqueror

Post by Conqueror » Sat 08 Dec , 2012 3:10 pm

*Sees Catrace is on the rotation*

*Runs*

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sat 05 Jan , 2013 3:32 pm

Before you ask, yes, OLDZ voting is same as AS by mistake.

1.00 - 0 OLDZ maps played last 4 games
0.80 - 1 OLDZ maps played last 4 games
0.60 - 2 - 4 OLDZ maps played last 4 games