Re: Megafun

Post by Nardaq_NL » Sun 07 Feb , 2016 4:06 pm

taries wrote:megafun is shit
the poll disagrees likeaboss

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Sun 07 Feb , 2016 4:19 pm

lol he himself even voted for the "i like it and want it to stay" troll2

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

taries

Post by taries » Sun 07 Feb , 2016 4:32 pm

ZioFede wrote:lol he himself even voted for the "i like it and want it to stay" troll2
Was 2 and half years ago, many things changed since that :P, should be enabled to change vote opinion

balkanraiser

Post by balkanraiser » Sun 07 Feb , 2016 8:16 pm

So much bla bla bla off topic chat etc
I suggest iRobot to close this topic ;'D'D

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 07 Feb , 2016 9:43 pm

taries wrote:
ZioFede wrote:lol he himself even voted for the "i like it and want it to stay" troll2
Was 2 and half years ago, many things changed since that :P, should be enabled to change vote opinion
too bad, you will forever go down in history as a megafunner

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 08 Feb , 2016 5:58 am

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:If we have to have 'megafun', can we not just have a separate weekend for it? We don't often enable it for two reasons: a) it kills the population, as players get frustrated at others basecamping; and, b) players believe OLDZ regulations also exist in megafun, and this is not the case.
Unless this was changed, Megafun Race and OLDZ share the same rules. Checkpoints are even disabled to allow glitching. As for popularity, we have data we can review: which of the first weekends was megafun not enabled? Also I don't see how having a separate weekend would solve anything: right now, if people want to play OLDZ and not Megafun Race, then they play OLDZ, there is no clash like "AS vs RACE" here. In addition, since Megafun became active, OLDZ basecamping maps were removed from the maplist.

I have reset the poll, because it is old and many people seem to have changed their mind. For the record, the results were:

Yes: 33

Code: Select all

Orang3
balkanraiser
Calypso
darkelf
Donnie
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Eiforia
Fraggy_Bar
france1998
GrrrrrrAron
iRobot
Izumo
Izus
katzenhaar112
killersquirrel
LittleBunny
madmaxx42
Madness
MrSneak
Nardaq_NL
nome
Pelaaja
proof
Satin
SkinSuite
SmokeY
Socio
Takeo
taries
Thewalkingdead3
TheXalez
Tiwow
ZioFede
No: 12

Code: Select all

bOnO
Exediron
Fallen
Hyflex
ILoveTheNorth
Jate
Kennie
mini
Nogger
Olliverthefool
Raislito
SageOfSixPaths

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 08 Feb , 2016 6:51 am

Megafun must stay, it makes race much more fun.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 08 Feb , 2016 9:22 am

The rules for megafun, since I've been an admin, have always been the same as race, albeit with glitching allowed.

We have almost double the number of oldz maps than when megafun was introduced, and there is a clear difference in demographics. We didn't enable megafun for December, and the stats probably won't show any differences at all; but I just feel it's fairer to both sides to have a separate weekend.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 08 Feb , 2016 10:12 am

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:We have almost double the number of oldz maps than when megafun was introduced, and there is a clear difference in demographics. We didn't enable megafun for December, and the stats probably won't show any differences at all; but I just feel it's fairer to both sides to have a separate weekend.
Well, I perhaps don't understand on what basis people would not want to play megafun but want to play a normal race instead. If its to play more OLDZ, then I think voting does the job, because unlike in the beginning, OLDZ vote do not go down to 0.3 as they used to and are on par with RACE. If people simply became bored by Megafun over time, then just not enable it (or add it back in OLDZ form i.e. add back the OLDZ maps with benders)?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 08 Feb , 2016 11:27 am

Why not just have biweekly events? OLDZ on the 1st weekend, Megafun on the 3rd? Everyone wins that way.

+ Some people enjoy playing both and having both enabled is a bit of a drawback. This allows them to get more for their time.
+ Those who dislike OLDZ and Megafun can simply vote the other gametype, they are not forced to choose one of the two.
+ Shortens the large period of time between special events. Creates a more lively community feel rather than the once a month event which promotes a stagnated feel.