Hamish - Teambalancer abuse

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Cryflex

Hamish - Teambalancer abuse

Post by Cryflex » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 2:47 am

Check the logs please, he team balance abused on sunshine map while I was trying to learn to fly the dragonfly.

Thanks.
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

ILoveTheNorth

Re: Hamish - Teambalancer abuse

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 3:19 am

Trying to learn how to fly the dfly?

At least man up and say you were deliberately hampering the team by staying put in the dragon fly.

To the admins - I fully accept my ban, I did switch teams but only do get into the other dfly to kill cry flex. At this point there was only 30 seconds left in the match.

I feel that cry flex should also be banned for team hampering.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 6:37 am

I checked the log. He just switched the teams. But there is also this:
> Cryflex[TeamSay:Red]: Calp, take the plane and just idle in it! :D
> Cryflex[TeamSay:Red]: PLEASE
> Cryflex: I'd take a ban just to annoy you :)
Yes, you will. A full two weeks of a holiday.

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 7:16 am

Izumo wrote:I checked the log. He just switched the teams. But there is also this:
> Cryflex[TeamSay:Red]: Calp, take the plane and just idle in it! :D
> Cryflex[TeamSay:Red]: PLEASE
> Cryflex: I'd take a ban just to annoy you :)
Yes, you will. A full two weeks of a holiday.
Yes, I said. Nothing about what I said is against the rules. I was talking directly to an admin having a joke.

At least I was actually trying to fly it all be it just the controls. Not my fault I am a noob in the dfly of which everyone can attest to.

What about Hamish's ramming with the plane(s) both when admins were around and when they weren't, Calp knows for a fact he did it because he tried it on Calp. Bono was more than aware of it too.

You all know it is beyond stupid to use the dfly and kill when there is just 1 or 2 people on the server, it not only kills the server in terms of people but makes the map impossible to complete. We went from an 8 player game down to just 2 all because of that map and the antics of Hamish.
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 8:21 am

Oh and I checked the log one more time (same map: 2016-03-31_02-25-38 @ RACE-Sunshine[DragonFly][REV]) and found this:
> Cryflex is now on red.
> Cryflex entered the game.
> Cryflex became a spectator.
> team-spec*Sentinel: The teams have become unbalanced.
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: cryfelx RS
> [SAS]Lt.HAMISH: LOL!!!!
> Cryflex: yep
> rai: wherei s this rai YOU ARE TALKING aboUT
> rai is now on red.
> Cryflex is now on blue.
> Cryflex entered the game.
So you did in fact abuse the balancer, that's one more thing to add to the ban.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 11:00 am

Cryflex wrote:You all know it is beyond stupid to use the dfly and kill when there is just 1 or 2 people on the server, it not only kills the server in terms of people but makes the map impossible to complete. We went from an 8 player game down to just 2 all because of that map and the antics of Hamish.
Why would you vote the Dragonfly version if you don't want to use it or be bombed by it? There is a [NoDragonfly] version, unless this has been removed.

Satin

Post by Satin » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 11:20 am

I don't think there is anymore, the dragonfly one has always been a bone of contention, especially as we only get atlases to shoot it with. Should be at least hellbenders and the non dragonfly one reinstated.

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Thu 31 Mar , 2016 2:40 pm

How are you gonna spend those 14 days cry flex? Just curious as you said you had some coding problems? Maybe you can learn some Python, or how not to be a little bitch?

EDIT: looks like it's probably going to be 30 days? Maybe you can learn some c++ while you're at it?

EDIT 2: Well fcuk me. You're banned till 21st of May. Words cannot describe how harshly this has backfired on you.

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Fri 01 Apr , 2016 12:48 pm

The topic: https://ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3443 has been locked by Earl before it has been resolved just because he wants to get the last word in, I am waiting for Izumo and others to reply to the thread, mainly to my post: https://ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... =10#p37711

The points that are unresolved are:

Teambalance abuse Hamish, apparent false claim:
  • It says right there in the log "[SAS]Lt.HAMISH is now on red."
  • Izumo I assume thought I was on about Ultimate Purple as I said his name in chat, however my report doesn't mention Ultimate Purple which should have made him realise that I was talking about Hamish as my report was about Hamish.
  • Logs will show that seconds after Ultimate Purple joins the game, Hamish switches teams.

Teambalance abuse Cryflex:
  • It is impossible for me to teambalance abuse with just 1-3 people playing (4 including myself) on the Sunshine map
  • The only reason I joined was to complete the objective as rai and Hamish weren't completing objectives because they were flying, although rai did try and eventually did complete an objective using a car.

Team Hampering Cryflex:
  • I never team hampered, it's not my fault I am a noob at flying which can be backed up by many players including Dave, rai and other regulars who know my plane usually just dives straight off the edge and does nothing.
  • I was trying to fly, but I got the plane stuck in the mesh and I quite clearly said that I was stuck/couldn't move.
  • I even asked Hamish how to fly like a pro, to which I got no response from.

Team Hampering Hamish - NEW
  • I should also mention the fact that technically Hamish was the one team hampering.
  • The map requires two people to do the objectives so with Hamish flying around instead of getting in a car and driving to objective to either open the door or drive the car onto the objective pad he was not helping the team complete the objective where as I was actually trying to drive to the objectives only to be bombed to hell, unable to defend as a solo driver as my teammate was piloting a plane.

Furthermore the fact that Hamish had already that evening got away with causing problems with ramming which he continued to do after admins had left only to later be banned for it after this was all pointed out again should be more than enough to prove which of the two was the one causing problems.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Fri 01 Apr , 2016 1:02 pm

Cryflex wrote:The topic: https://ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3443 has been locked by Earl before it has been resolved just because he wants to get the last word in, I am waiting for Izumo and others to reply to the thread, mainly to my post: https://ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... =10#p37711
What on earth makes you think you can decide if a case has been resolved or not? Beside that....wrong forum and i suggest if you dont want a forum ban too you finaly stop honoring your name and keep on crying. A commom german quote says ´hitten dogs bark loudest´ which means the more you trying to defend yourself the more it looks like you actually did what you are accused of. BEside that it fits perfect to your common situation cause every post from you trying to defend yourself just showed the opposit and put you deeper in trouble.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."