Alternative Weekends Suggestion in regards to RACE maps.

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Alternative Weekends Suggestion in regards to RACE maps.

Post by bOnO » Tue 24 May , 2016 2:03 pm

Izumo wrote:Megafun response is in general positive, at least to the old and current polls conducted on the forum and when viewing statistics on the server. The overall problem with actual unarmed racing is that unless the map is challenging to get through then you won't be able to overtake or ram anyone, since people are unlikely to do any driving errors throughout the map. Which will end up boring for most of the players, just like the trials did.
Last Saturday players voted 4-5 Assault maps in a row only to avoid Megafun :^) (Even the ones who usually don't like Assault...)
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 24 May , 2016 5:16 pm

If you want pure racing, why not just head over to the MOD server and play UnWheel? The physics isn't great (I'm sure the physics was much better when UnWheel was on the RACE server; does the MOD server have the outdated packages?) but some of the maps are really fun to play, even on your own.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 25 May , 2016 8:29 am

bOnO wrote:
Izumo wrote:Megafun response is in general positive, at least to the old and current polls conducted on the forum and when viewing statistics on the server. The overall problem with actual unarmed racing is that unless the map is challenging to get through then you won't be able to overtake or ram anyone, since people are unlikely to do any driving errors throughout the map. Which will end up boring for most of the players, just like the trials did.
Last Saturday players voted 4-5 Assault maps in a row only to avoid Megafun :^) (Even the ones who usually don't like Assault...)
We all know here you're one of those not liking Megafun ;)

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Thu 26 May , 2016 1:45 am

It would be good if megafun was an option along side normal race maps, because at night for example when it's just the racers who are on we're stuck with shitmode... so I just end up voting ascend/blazing or assault and I hate assault, just to keep it from ending up on a megafun map.

Why can't we have 4 dropdowns on the map styles permanently?

1) Assault
2) Race
3) Oldz
4) Megafun
Azarael wrote:Add a slipstream mechanic.

:^)
That would actually be pretty cool as long as it was very minor, would be pretty sweet!
bOnO wrote:
It happened much more than that, there was a spree of like 10 maps at once stage. on Saturday and Sunday, continuous voting from many players trying to get assault to avoid megafun. Including myself.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:If you want pure racing, why not just head over to the MOD server and play UnWheel? The physics isn't great (I'm sure the physics was much better when UnWheel was on the RACE server; does the MOD server have the outdated packages?) but some of the maps are really fun to play, even on your own.
It's not the same, why do you think I play the race on UT over that of better physics games like Project Cars, rFactor, AsstoCorsa... etc?
Izumo wrote:
bOnO wrote:
We all know here you're one of those not liking Megafun ;)
Many of us don't like it, it's fun first 2-3 times but then it's really quite shockingly bad.
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Thu 26 May , 2016 2:29 am

I've checked the logs. I wouldn't really call what happened voting AS to avoid megafun race, perhaps with the execption of you, Bono and perhaps one more player.

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Thu 26 May , 2016 3:05 am

Stop shitposting, nothing will change, if megafun was so boring nobody would vote and play it. But as we can see at megafun weekend most playing maps are megafun, but not assault. Maybe once Izumo will let vote megafun and usual race maps the same time and we will see how much players prefer it. Or something else to understand what mode people prefer to play. And only after that make decisions about changing anything.

Satin

Post by Satin » Thu 26 May , 2016 10:04 am

I don't see why the 4 types couldn't be permanently on the choice. You'd certainly get a true feel for what is actually popular, versus the best of what's on choice at that given time.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Thu 26 May , 2016 11:39 am

Satin wrote:I don't see why the 4 types couldn't be permanently on the choice. You'd certainly get a true feel for what is actually popular, versus the best of what's on choice at that given time.
We already have 2 game types. Which is enough.

Imo too many oldz will just kill the server after some time. Mappers spend hours, weeks, months etc to make/ change maps which u can see today on the server. And puting oldz in a regular will mean that their work was unnecessary. 1 weekend of oldz in a month is perfect I think.

Sure spawn killing people at cat rais track is pretty tempting... But still NO))

Same goes to megafun. 1 WE is perfect.

Adding all 4 gametypes for everyday playing will lead to more bans only. We have strict rule system for RACE and AS. Mixing 2 gametypes with rules with 2 without rules - not a great idea.
Some of us even atm don't know some rules but warning each other. I see it pretty often at LDG1))))))))

About having new weekend "w/o weapons": this won't attract players I think.
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Thu 26 May , 2016 11:59 am

About having new weekend "w/o weapons": this won't attract players I think.
How about a weeked without cars?
"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Thu 26 May , 2016 12:06 pm

Greedisgood wrote: How about a weeked without cars?
Racers will be too sad (((((((( We can't do it!

P.S. Think about Fubar mate)))))
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael