Alternative Weekends Suggestion in regards to RACE maps.

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Cryflex

Alternative Weekends Suggestion in regards to RACE maps.

Post by Cryflex » Fri 20 May , 2016 1:01 am

Hey,

So, there are a few of the races like myself, Bono, Exediron, Dave and probably Calpyto who really like the RACE maps and occasionally like to race without shooting/being shot so it becomes a pure race, pretty much the same as all of the Blazing maps.

Would it be possible to maybe introduce a weekend now and again where:

- Guns don't spawn (Maybe if they do spawn, make them all do zero damage including zero knockback)
- Cars are visible and able to ram eachother, but on the next weekend make them ghost so we can race without being rammed off the edge.
- Reduce the speed of the scorpians to on scorp/bender maps to make them equally as fast/slow as the benders

In regards to the cars, you could make it slightly different and make the slow benders ghost and the fast benders not ghost, means the noobs can use the slow bender and race without being taken out and the fast racers can have wheel to wheel racing while being a little bit aggressive :P

Some maps may not be able to be done, for example forest race because of having to shoot that wall.

Anyone else interested in something like that? (I don't know if it's possible or not to sort something like that out)
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Alternative Weekends Suggestion in regards to RACE maps.

Post by iZumo » Fri 20 May , 2016 1:40 am

At one point we've changed several regular races with normal (non-trial) unarmed scorpions to trial scorpions but that was reverted later as people found it boring, when the map wasn't actually challenging like Blazing etc.

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Fri 20 May , 2016 11:37 pm

Izumo wrote:At one point we've changed several regular races with normal (non-trial) unarmed scorpions to trial scorpions but that was reverted later as people found it boring, when the map wasn't actually challenging like Blazing etc.
Ahh, I see. I didn't know that had been tried.

What about making it so people can still ram with the cars though, maybe try a single map like Desert Race or Sunken Race, this is with benders rather than scorpions.
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sat 21 May , 2016 2:54 pm

I'm not sure you understood each other. Indeed in the past we tried some maps with only ghost scorpions with the impossibility to ram, but except for skilled trial maps (blazing, ascend, furry...) it proved to be boring. But what Cryflex wants is a no weapon weekend so we can focus on racing without thinking about being shot.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

taries

Post by taries » Sat 21 May , 2016 2:56 pm

An advice Azarael says: Buy a FPS game to play unarmed RAIS!

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Sat 21 May , 2016 3:12 pm

Agree, it is fucking Unreal Tournament, but not Need For Speed

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 21 May , 2016 6:50 pm

If you want to play unarmed for the courses alone, then go play on a trials server. There are such things in existence.

Or you could git gud and kill the other people who shoot you.

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Mon 23 May , 2016 8:07 am

bOnO wrote:I'm not sure you understood each other. Indeed in the past we tried some maps with only ghost scorpions with the impossibility to ram, but except for skilled trial maps (blazing, ascend, furry...) it proved to be boring. But what Cryflex wants is a no weapon weekend so we can focus on racing without thinking about being shot.
I'm just throwing multiple ideas out there some may well be shit :P The main thing I want is a weekend where there are no guns, but we can still ram. It's only really rocket launcher, shock rifle and turret 3 on the bender that I want removed while also equalizing all of the vehicles a little so it's an actual race. If the benders guns were changed for a slower firing link gun that would be good enough too.

It would mean people race and do objectives Instead of doing what the likes of Warrior do, where he doesn't bother racing and doing the objectives (the purpose of the maps, hence their name "RACE") which is technically team-hampering and instead tries to camp and attack, you could try and claim that's tactics but then so is ramming, glitching, spawn killing, and various other things
taries wrote:An advice Azarael says: Buy a FPS game to play unarmed RAIS!
What are you on about... FPS = First person shooter, that isn't unarmed, nor is it a race. Why bother having "RACE" maps if you're not going to race on them... racing in this is completely different to racing in games like project cars, asseto corsa... etc. I'd spank all of you on both of those games but yet I get regularly spanked on "RACE" in UT2004 because it's so very different. No FFB, no realistic driving, no setups it's not even remotely close to compare.
Den wrote:Agree, it is fucking Unreal Tournament, but not Need For Speed
That's because you're one of the guys who rarely ever drives instead just shoots, there are plenty of others who would like this mode at least for a weekend every say 2-3 weeks, sure some will hate it but that's exactly the same as "megashit" mode and oldz weekends, there is PLENTY of people who hate megafun mode because it's stupid.

I'm not asking for it to be permanent, far from it.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 24 May , 2016 2:35 am

Megafun response is in general positive, at least to the old and current polls conducted on the forum and when viewing statistics on the server. The overall problem with actual unarmed racing is that unless the map is challenging to get through then you won't be able to overtake or ram anyone, since people are unlikely to do any driving errors throughout the map. Which will end up boring for most of the players, just like the trials did.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 24 May , 2016 1:11 pm

Add a slipstream mechanic.

:^)