ForrestRace and a few other maps

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Cryflex

Re: ForrestRace and a few other maps

Post by Cryflex » Mon 23 May , 2016 7:48 am

Calypto wrote:On the other hand, it rewards you for working for your victory.
Your reward is the objective win, not multi-objective wins... your should have to work for your second objective not inherit it.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Half the maps on the server have these scenarios; I'm sorry, but I don't think any admin has the motivation to download all these maps just to make an essentially pointless alteration!
There isn't many, there are a few very obvious ones and ForrestRace & DeathRace are two of the worst.
iRobot wrote:I don't think this is pointless to be honest. The map has three objectives and whoever gets the first usually gets the second also. If it had more objectives I would agree but the map basically ends as soon as a team gets the first point.
If the map had 5 objectives then yeah, that wouldn't be anywhere near as bad ForrestRace & DeathRace 2 are pretty much game over after objective 1 because objective 2 very rarely has any issue. Just look at the map where the last objective you have to use benders, then mantas and then finally the toilets (don't know the map name) that map has 4 objectives where objective 1 and 2 have the same situation but it isn't that bad because the opposing team can actually try and come back for the next objectives and at least get a draw.
bOnO wrote:I agree with Cryflex and iRobot, these maps can quickly lose interest. Unfortunately I don't know how to add forced respawn (or tell me how to do it and I'll try...) but to save you time and if you're willing to modify them, I can compile the maps that needs changes and tell you exactly what to do...
I am useless with the map names :( let alone describing the maps :P

Likewise though, I'd happily learn from Earl or whoever on how to do it and then I'd go and fix the maps that have this fault, you could even try them side by side and I'm sure people would prefer the ones with the respawn or "other" fix.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Indeed, easy to lose interest during the 100+ metres from Objective 1 to Objective 2 on ForestRace, or the 15 second Objective 3 on DeathRace 3 ... pointless.

Regarding situations such as Objective 1 / 2 on DeathRace 2: it is unfair for a team to successfully beat off the opposition and claim the Objective, and then be forced to teleport back to then drive down the same track again because "it would make it more competitive". Calypto is correct: you should be rewarded, and completing Objective 1 does not guarantee Objective 2. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
Why is it unfair, the team has got their reward for completing objective 1, that is the reward!

If you feel that driving down the same track again isn't good enough then copy and paste a second base with just scorpions or something and teleport them to a different bit (just next to the objective) and make them race again, hell put the second base at the bottom of the elevators which would still give the objective 1 winners an advantage but at least let others have a chance at fighting back for objective 2. I don't think I've ever lost objective 2 after winning objective 1 at death race 2.

You really can't use the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" because you don't know that it is broken until trying out the fix.

I'd be extremely grateful if you could teach everyone including myself on how to make these changes, make them for us in say Death Race 2 and then give the map a shot, see what people think of it. Relating to this, even better would be if you could put some videos up on how to make race maps who knows you might be able to get some of us to make some new maps.

I am "ok" with unreal editor but I don't know how to make the race maps correctly, if I knew I'd certainly give it a go and see what I could do.
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)