ForrestRace and a few other maps

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Cryflex

ForrestRace and a few other maps

Post by Cryflex » Fri 20 May , 2016 1:08 am

Hey,

Would it be possible to get some edits made to the ForrestRace map and there are a few other maps, one that I can remember has a spma in each team, start is littered with loads of barrels and as soon as you complete objective 1 you can just carry on to objective 2.

Could maps like these have it respawn everyone to base after the objective to stop the team who get to objective 1 first from getting objective 2, it would make it more equal/fun and competitive

Also the same goes somewhat to a few of the maps where for objective 3 is really really shot, like just a single turn turn and a down hill slope (one has a redeemer at the end) where people wait a lot of the time and can get a huge advantage to win, it's not so bad on the maps where it's a long way from start to finish.

I'm not good with map names, but I'm sure a few of you know the maps that I am talking about.

Thanks
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Re: ForrestRace and a few other maps

Post by Satin » Fri 20 May , 2016 12:47 pm

Walking dead would like the addition of some weaponry on the track at various points, but he doesn't know who owns the map (it's one of the admins)

We discussed it and would like snipers & rocket launchers added to the lockers at the initial hellbender spawn & because it's very easy to get knocked off the track and be on foot, a few things like ion painter, avrils on the track itself further along.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 20 May , 2016 7:39 pm

Not worth the effort. Ask team-mates to combat those who are camping, as it's a team-game after all.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Fri 20 May , 2016 11:45 pm

Satin wrote:Walking dead would like the addition of some weaponry on the track at various points, but he doesn't know who owns the map (it's one of the admins)

We discussed it and would like snipers & rocket launchers added to the lockers at the initial hellbender spawn & because it's very easy to get knocked off the track and be on foot, a few things like ion painter, avrils on the track itself further along.
In terms of what track are you talking about? Death Race 2 for example already has rocket launchers it doesn't really help at all, only a little against the SPMA which is way too overpowered imo.

I'm more on about the fact people can camp and win objective 3 on a bunch of maps because they don't get reset to base and the run from spawn to the "start" of the next objective is quite a long way, this could be fixed with either checkpoints or respawn to base.

Same for the maps where people can easily win objective 2 in 99% of cases once they win objective 1 because no one can get back to the objective 1 end in time.... Death Race 2 and Forrest Race are two prime examples were objective 1 winners always win objective 2.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Not worth the effort. Ask team-mates to combat those who are camping, as it's a team-game after all.
Is that really that hard for you guys who can edit maps to add a respawn to base rule after objective 2 is complete or just add a checkpoint forcing players to go back to a checkpoint before being able to reach the next objective?

I know it's a team game and I know where you're coming from but you can't do that in over half of the time because your team is actively trying to go for the current objective.
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Fri 20 May , 2016 11:59 pm

On the other hand, it rewards you for working for your victory.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 21 May , 2016 10:52 am

Half the maps on the server have these scenarios; I'm sorry, but I don't think any admin has the motivation to download all these maps just to make an essentially pointless alteration!
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 21 May , 2016 12:15 pm

I don't think this is pointless to be honest. The map has three objectives and whoever gets the first usually gets the second also. If it had more objectives I would agree but the map basically ends as soon as a team gets the first point.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sat 21 May , 2016 3:02 pm

I agree with Cryflex and iRobot, these maps can quickly lose interest. Unfortunately I don't know how to add forced respawn (or tell me how to do it and I'll try...) but to save you time and if you're willing to modify them, I can compile the maps that needs changes and tell you exactly what to do...
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 21 May , 2016 4:54 pm

Indeed, easy to lose interest during the 100+ metres from Objective 1 to Objective 2 on ForestRace, or the 15 second Objective 3 on DeathRace 3 ... pointless.

Regarding situations such as Objective 1 / 2 on DeathRace 2: it is unfair for a team to successfully beat off the opposition and claim the Objective, and then be forced to teleport back to then drive down the same track again because "it would make it more competitive". Calypto is correct: you should be rewarded, and completing Objective 1 does not guarantee Objective 2. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sat 21 May , 2016 5:15 pm

It's true that I was mainly thinking about small playercount games, but I guess there is still fight with more players.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...