Making a new Racing Map

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
coletay

Making a new Racing Map

Post by coletay » Wed 23 Nov , 2016 12:40 pm

Hi Guys,
Im currently making a new racing map in my spare time, just a couple of questions:

- NitroVehicles - where do i download this? do i need to add it to my map itself or will the server automatically make the vehicles i spawn nitro vehicles?
Also, Team objs (the button that lowers the shield at obj) , im taking it i add them myself?

Den
System Administrator

Re: Making a new Racing Map

Post by Den » Wed 23 Nov , 2016 2:14 pm

Server will not add nitro vehicles automatically. You can find addons on forum but only old version posted here, trial scorpions and lolcars will not work anyway, nitro scorpions will not jump, only benders work correctly, but admins probably will add vehicles and checkpoints if needed. And yes, you'd better try to add a button yourself, you can find it if open any current race map. Or make objective without button as it is in Grove, Volcano EMP etc

coletay

Post by coletay » Wed 23 Nov , 2016 2:54 pm

So basically build the level completely, ill add the buttons and objs myself, and if you guys deem it good enough for the server, youll changeover the scoorpians/hellbenders? ill be making it in a way that checkpoints will not be needed, just started yesterday its a month or so off completion.

Just finished/finishing off the start room with teleporters, heres a pic

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 23 Nov , 2016 7:16 pm

Server does automatically change normal vehicles to NitroVehicles, so don't worry if you don't add them. The team objective triggers can just be taken from other race maps and altered to suit your needs.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

coletay

Post by coletay » Thu 24 Nov , 2016 6:03 pm

Thank you :)!