Command and Conquer

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.

Would you like to see a new C&C style map on race server?

Yes, with UT2k4 industrial design
23%
Yes, with realistic design
8%
Yes, with more RACE elements
31%
Yes, but my idea for revamp is totally different
No votes
No, but I'd love to see rebalance of existing maps
No votes
No, I despise C&C in all forms
38%

Total votes: 13

Fox

Command and Conquer

Post by Fox » Wed 11 Apr , 2018 7:40 pm

Hello there.

I planned to begin this post nicely, but i'll just get down to business.
I fucking love C&C. I love the concept, I love being rewarded for my actions with more power, I love the unpredictability and the need for proper tactics on C&C maps.
However, due to shitty design and balance of existing C&C maps, most people can't stand playing them. It's difficult to blame them, Red Alert is COMPLETELY out of balance, basically the first team to score certain pointset first is predestined to win. Mario is well balanced, but it doesn't look the way that would endorse tactical approach, and Tiberian Sun is fucking ugly, with vehicles that have a shitty feeling to them.

Due to the above I got myself thinking about a new C&C map. Perhaps one with typical UT2k4 visual design and vehicles, with good balance? Perhaps one with more player to player combat, or with one more panel to unlock special bridges or shortcuts? Here's to you: can you imagine ANY new design/balance, that would make you want to see a new C&C map?

Feel free to express your ideas, or berate mine, perhaps we could create something new.
The Kurwas are going to get you, assgoblin.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Command and Conquer

Post by iRobot » Thu 12 Apr , 2018 8:47 am

It's a novelty concept but plays awfully. In all three maps, whoever gets their tanks first will win because the other team only has light vehicles. If I was to change it, I'd make it so you have to pick up something and return to your own base with it before you get the point. This would help balance tanks because they're slow and would take ages to complete such a journey.

It basically becomes VCTF but with many flags per team.

Ganz

Post by Ganz » Thu 12 Apr , 2018 2:02 pm

black mesa server runs proper c&c only its called command&skaarj or CNS there

https://youtu.be/ei2N4djd3d8?t=5m34s
ut2004://195.122.134.202:7777

pie

Post by pie » Thu 12 Apr , 2018 2:40 pm

I'm not really sure what's best but I do love those maps. Anything like them but new would be nice in my opinion. I have thought before that the castle high in the middle is wasted and could be used for something more interesting. Maybe nitro vehicles and some nice jumps would be ok, but then again when we play cc I sort of treat it as a 'time to relax a bit map'.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Thu 12 Apr , 2018 5:25 pm

There's actually a C&C map that I have on my hard drive that's not on the server, but I have no idea how good it is. I should look into it if I have time.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 12 Apr , 2018 5:45 pm

We need more 'FenderBenders' on the server
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”