Forever Alonnie

Re: Voting on LDG1

Post by Donnie » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 1:07 pm

Why doesn't AS have 1.0 vote weight?

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 1:19 pm

Oska wrote:Sure, edit every of my posts.
You are getting funnier and funnier izumo.
What are you babbling about?
facepalm
Donnie wrote:Why doesn't AS have 1.0 vote weight?
It reflects the playerbase demand and AS playerbase being dependant on RACE playerbase.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 1:52 pm

Assault should have 1.00 vote weight, but reduce the game timer on the maps.

Nobody wants to play Confexia for 2 hours. Shit like LegoWars takes ages too.

Assault would be more popular if the games weren't so long. 30 mins maximum with 15 mins each round.

Who cares if its not enough time to reach the final objective, that means the defenders have something to feel good about.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 1:58 pm

All of the Assault maps popular with them take ages to complete. LegoWars, Gasoline, SkyRace all command the server for an hour at a time, sometimes multiple times every day.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 2:14 pm

The only good way how to reduce the game timer on the maps is to make shorter maps.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 3:23 pm

There is no 'need' to complete the maps. The map could have 1000 objectives and a 15 min time limit. The enjoyment would be the same.

To be honest having a harsh time limit would reduce the need to shieldrun for example, as the map would change from 'we'll get it eventually, just keep throwing yourselves on it' to 'need to use this time effectively'.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 3:37 pm

Shieldrunning was nerfed. And I honestly doubt how cutting the time would make the map or AS more enjoyable - it's like with Derby in the past in the OLDZ days, people rarely went to 3rd floor and it annoyed a lot.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 3:37 pm

I think it would have the contrary effect: people would just rush to get the obj as fast as possible to complete the map. Now they have the time and they don't fight, it will be worst if there is no time... =SS
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 3:38 pm

I didn't say anything about making it more enjoyable. I said it would make it more tolerable for everyone, particularly those who don't enjoy AS.

They're less likely to leave the server if Assault lasts for 30 mins, as opposed to 1 hour 30.

To use an example; Blazing Scorpions timer was cut because people didn't enjoy playing the same map for so long. Even more so from that, the map was split into three so it didn't take up the server for so long. Assault does the same...and I'm not even against Assault, I'm just looking at it from the PoV of people who are.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 4:20 pm

They're going to leave the server if something they don't like is voted, no matter what. Either that or simply refuse to defend, a strategy I've seen before.

All cutting the timer does is fuck over Assault players even further by ensuring they get even less playtime before 0.6 voting ends everything.

And I'd be willing to bet my figurative bottom dollar that LegoWars, Gasoline, Chaos and SkyRace would be made exempt. Assault doesn't stop being Assault just because "muh vehicles!"