Racism ultimatum

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
PALADIN
Banned

Racism ultimatum

Post by PALADIN » Tue 14 Feb , 2012 9:32 pm

I was patient too long time and now I have to write an ultimatum.

There is long enough some players at this server, especially me, feels barely veiled racism to Russians, that is expressed in language discrimination.

Such discrimination is not expressed to any other language speakers. In the times German was not allowed here Germans used it often anyway and nobody was penalized. Some times we have seen long discussions at Czech, Poland, Pakistan etc. and nobody was ever penalized.
Nobody. Never.
But except Russians.
When some Russian speaker types only few sentences he becomes immediately muted for a month. Most times this is not even noted in ban list. Silent, blackguardly, just like WW2 concentration camp.

There is one of the racism examples, that is well known in some Europe regions generally. And I will not endure that any more.

I do not care that admins do not understand russian/idish/chinese etc., thats your problem; there is many translators including for webadmin functionality, you can use them.

So the ultimatum is the following: any languages should be available or English only should be.

Otherwise I will write a message to Epic games that there is a server of their good game with pure racists admins that are discriminating licensed users. Also I will write the same message to the service provider that is hosting this server.
But wait a minute, I have forgotten that this server allows pirated players to play. So, we already have two reasons to close this whorehouse.

I give you one week to decide and believe me I'll pay enough time needed to close this server by international laws if this ultimatum will be ignored. This is the last warning.

And sure if this message will be deleted I will make that immediate. Everybody should know the reason why this server will disappear soon if nothing will be changed. Dixi.
Last edited by PALADIN on Thu 16 Feb , 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Racism ultimatum

Post by iRobot » Tue 14 Feb , 2012 10:38 pm

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Socio » Tue 14 Feb , 2012 10:53 pm

PALADIN wrote: Such discrimination is not expressed to any other language speakers. In the times German was not allowed here Germans used it often anyway and nobody was penalized. Some times we have seen long discussions at Czech, Poland, Paki etc. and nobody was ever penalized.
Nobody. Never.
But except Russians.
When some Russian speaker types only few sentences he becomes immediately muted for a month. Most times this is not even noted in ban list. Silent, blackguardly, just like WW2 concentration camp.
Funny, I remember muting some German players before if they ignored my warnings. Long discussions in Czech, Poland, Paki (thats a racist slur here)? Pfffffffffffffft..HAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, we have such a huge number of players from Poland that I constantly type in Polish with them, last time I typed something in Polish was to tell the guy to stop spamming binds, since he didnt understand that in english, but he didnt so I muted him anyways.

And comparing a mute on an online server to the Holocaust and deaths of millions of people... you sir are an idiot.
PALADIN wrote:There is one of the racism examples, that is well known in some Europe regions generally. And I will not endure that any more.

I do not care that admins do not understand russian/idish/chinese etc., thats your problem; there is many translators including for webadmin functionality, you can use them.

So the ultimatum is the following: any languages should be available or English only should be.

Otherwise I will write a message to Epic games that there is a server of their good game with pure racists admins that are discriminating licensed users. Also I will write the same message to the service provider that is hosting this server.
But wait a minute, I have forgotten that this server allows pirated players to play. So, we already have two reasons to close this whorehouse.

I give you one week to decide and believe me I'll pay enough time needed to close this server by international laws if this ultimatum will be ignored. This is the last warning.

And sure if this message will be deleted I will make that immediate. Everybody should know the reason why this server will disappear soon if nothing will be changed. Dixi.
Wow, you are just asking for something extra with that blackmail.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Takeo » Tue 14 Feb , 2012 11:03 pm

Why did paladin become a VIP member again?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 15 Feb , 2012 12:02 am

I'm sorry, you're not in a position to deliver ultimatums to us. You've flouted the rules on foreign languages numerous times and been justly muted each time. Attempting to suggest that all of the server admins have an issue with Russian players is ludicrous. Sure, your government is contemptible for propping up bloody Syria because of power politics in the Middle East, but that's got nothing to do with the Russian people.

If I see people speaking foreign languages, I warn them. We add languages to the Allowed list based on the coverage of those languages across the entire admin staff.

English: understood by all
French: mandated by server owners, understood by DB, NICAM, bono, myself to a limit
German: understood by Takeo, myself to a limit, Izumo, NICAM, giZmo
Polish: understood by Socio (too few)
Czech: understood by Izumo (too few)
Russian: understood by noone.

We will not be using Google Translate in order to understand your conversations. WE run the server, not you, and in order to evenly uphold rules regarding chat we must have numerous admins capable of understanding that chat. You can clearly speak English, so either do so in public chat or use a private method of communication.

P.S. Paki is an offensive term. I invite you to fly to where I live and shout the plural form in Frizinghall. I'll be waiting in my car with a shovel to scrape your remains off the ground.

Deathblade
System Administrator

Post by Deathblade » Wed 15 Feb , 2012 12:59 am

You know, I pay with NICAM this server to allow people to play, they pay € 100 per month!
Do you have helped us with a small donation through paypal? no, no donation is ever made, it is to wonder what the fuck this "donate" button is doing here!

And also, I think do well by paying this server ... So getting this kind of threats from somebody I do not know who comes only use my bandwidth and complain tends to irritate me a bit.

I just want to please people but unfortunately most who write me are just jerks,frustrated hacker, idiots, cheaters, misunderstood and all a bunch of other woodlice who crawling on the net and fall off here.

If you want to play here, respects MY rules or get out of here!

DB
The LDG admin !

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Wed 15 Feb , 2012 1:20 am

Ultimatum... Seriously? You know you will have to bring evidences of what you accuse us of...

Aza has perfectly explained to you why we don't allow Russian; and I think we're already pretty cool with it, since we warn you to stop (several times) speaking a not allowed language, and we allow you to welcome or to have a small bit of conversation with other Russian speakers. You and bot_beta do know you're not supposed to speak Russian.

What ticks me off is that YOU want to dictate us how to manage this server. If you want your own rules, buy you a server and do what you want there; but if you play here you respect OUR rules.

I suggest you apologize here before all of us, or expect what is to be expected.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Wed 15 Feb , 2012 5:20 am

cm whois paladin
nuff said.

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Wed 15 Feb , 2012 9:05 am

A needed note about Pakistan language just to be clear (copypaste of the dialog with my language consulter):

PALADIN:
I have thought about that a lot, I mean thinking is this term is legal, but then I remembered that Pakistan guys that sometimes visits this server call each other paki. So I think its legal term.

Azarael:
Yes, in the same way that some black people will call each other "splendid person" or "splendid person". It's only acceptable when it's between two people of the same ethnic origin - any usage by someone outside of that is considered gravely offensive.

PS: I just didnt know that. No discrimination from my side.
PPS: Anyway everybody here know that I disdain any form of discrimination, reported racism accidents many times and some players was penalized by my reports (including Russian). So, do not carp to the words, trolls.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

THE_NICAM
System Administrator

Post by THE_NICAM » Wed 15 Feb , 2012 10:09 am

I agree with Deathblade, Azarael and others admin to say:

This is our server...

I come from switzerland, Deathblade too, if we want to talk in french, c'est notre problème et pas le votre, on est admin !!!

To manage the server admin have to talk together, if we have to translate all messages, that will be long... and wenn Admins use French, German, ..., ..., they will never say shit to players...
That's why Admin are allowed to talk in all languages...

In others language then English, French, German, we cant control what player say...
For the Moderators and Admin, cheacking if someone is rasist, say shit, in russian is not possible...

I will also say: There are so much others servers, if this server is not good for you, use another...
I am sure they are russian server where you can speak russian as long as you want...

Bonne journée :-)
THE_NICAM, THE SYSADMIN :-D