Server lag thread

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Eiforia
Piska

Re: Server lag thread

Post by Eiforia » Thu 26 May , 2016 12:02 pm

Greedisgood wrote: We do get lag too. Ask Butcher.
Ahahaha)))))

Few rejoins the server and name changes - all is fine again. I saw Miski practicing it yesterday on Highlander xD
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Thu 26 May , 2016 12:57 pm

Greedisgood wrote:
I'd bet if we swapped the AS/Race content with the BW one, there'd be players all over the place crying about the server, so some seriousness here please.
We do get lag too. Ask Butcher.
#Delay.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Thu 26 May , 2016 3:06 pm

delayed... fu delay

Is it Anti TCC?

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Wed 01 Jun , 2016 12:42 am

Eiforia wrote:
Greedisgood wrote: We do get lag too. Ask Butcher.
Ahahaha)))))

Few rejoins the server and name changes - all is fine again. I saw Miski practicing it yesterday on Highlander xD
wow, another super bright comment from Eiforia ... Just to clarify: if I rejoin its because I got disconnected! and ... exactly which name changes are you referring to?
from ö to what???

And yes there is lag, You can see it in this video:

is it not enough proof? you don't believe it? that shit happens at least once every time I play...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 01 Jun , 2016 8:56 am

That looks like packetloss. You should get a better connection.

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Wed 01 Jun , 2016 9:51 am

I'm getting tired of being brushed off with genius comments from Eif & co like 'There's no lag 'get a better PC' :?

Yes because my 32 GB RoC Overclocked i7 is so crappy...

Or this peach 'It's your connection'

That must be my 70Mb Fibre Optic internet then... right oh with my typically 20-30ms ping...

How about less denial, and some acknowledgment that when a player joins mid-game, the server wobbles to the extent that everyone experiences lag to the extent that you watch your vehicle fall off the road, then ping back 2-4 seconds later.

How about looking at the logs, so you can see for yourself all the people mysteriously dying at once and screaming 'Lag!!' mysteriously just after someone new joined the match. Because you know, it really isn't a conspiracy.

And finally, how about a bit of professionalism - some of us get sick of the constant barbs, jibes, childlike remarks and shitty attitudes coming from certain members of the Administration team.

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Wed 01 Jun , 2016 10:01 am

Satin wrote:I'm getting tired of being brushed off with genius comments from Eif & co like 'There's no lag 'get a better PC' :?

Yes because my 32 GB RoC Overclocked i7 is so crappy...

Or this peach 'It's your connection'

That must be my 70Mb Fibre Optic internet then... right oh with my typically 20-30ms ping...

How about less denial, and some acknowledgment that when a player joins mid-game, the server wobbles to the extent that everyone experiences lag to the extent that you watch your vehicle fall off the road, then ping back 2-4 seconds later.

How about looking at the logs, so you can see for yourself all the people mysteriously dying at once and screaming 'Lag!!' mysteriously just after someone new joined the match. Because you know, it really isn't a conspiracy.

And finally, how about a bit of professionalism - some of us get sick of the constant barbs, jibes, childlike remarks and shitty attitudes coming from certain members of the Administration team.
I have a 200mb fibre connection courtesy of the noobs at Virgin media and I still suffer from horrendous ping and PL. Ask Gizmo, it was happening last night. Speed doesn't mean anything if you suffer from packet loss.

What butcher has shown above is definitely packet loss, and even if you have a t1 connection direct to your local telephone exchange, if you're using wifi to play at home, things can get patchy and cause lag/PL. therefore to both butcher and Satin, try using a direct Ethernet connection.

And Eifi is still correct, as we don't all experience the "delay" that butcher talks about. If we did, then it is rightly called lag.

Satin

Post by Satin » Wed 01 Jun , 2016 10:42 am

True, but when 6-8 players all cry out at the same time and they're on different ISP's in different COUNTRIES, what are the chances that we're all suffering packet loss at that exact particular moment.

And why does it only happen when a player joins mid-game.

I don't use Wi-Fi on PC's only tablets/phones. & my ping is in the 20's - 30's typically

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 01 Jun , 2016 12:25 pm

We are well aware of the lag problems when players join, and Izumo and Co are working hard trying to figure out why these problems happen and how to fix them. There is no denial.

Butcher's issue is not server related specifically, although most of us get this type of lag on BW deathmatch (not Freon). Probably packetloss.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Wed 01 Jun , 2016 3:31 pm

ILoveTheNorth wrote:I still suffer from horrendous ping and PL. Ask Gizmo, it was happening last night.
Hm, it seems you was banned earlier than last night....