Server lag thread

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Re: Server lag thread

Post by giZmo » Wed 01 Jun , 2016 4:47 pm

Den wrote:Hm, it seems you was banned earlier than last night....
Ban is limited to the server if its not caused by racism, nazism, cheating etc.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Wed 01 Jun , 2016 5:06 pm

Den wrote:
ILoveTheNorth wrote:I still suffer from horrendous ping and PL. Ask Gizmo, it was happening last night.
Hm, it seems you was banned earlier than last night....
I can still play on BW.

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Wed 01 Jun , 2016 5:26 pm

Ah, now clear. And Happy Birthday

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Wed 01 Jun , 2016 6:04 pm

Yes, probably is packet loss, but its a server issue not my connection.
I have in my house both 120MBit connection through fiber and 50MBit connection through DSL. My computer is hanged to the fiber optic connection alone while playing, all other devices (phones,tablets, tvs...) are in the DSL connection. I am connected with LAN cable to the router, 2m long cable to the entrance point. And I have a ping of 8-30 depending on the time of the day. Yes speed test show I'm fully connected to 120MBit download connection 8MBit upload.
No, it is not my PC either. i7 core 8Gbram SSD hardrive Nvidia 3D video card, very much more than what ut2k4 requires. I've tried other PCs too with same issues on LDG.
I've played in different ut2k4 online servers for TAM, CTF, instagib and Onslaught and I do not get any of the packetloss, lags or delays. Except when they have the so called "netcode" activated (what you call ping compensation).

Besides the obvious lag when the server is full, there are maps as old heaven which make me lag always at some point. There are times when someone disconnects/connects and then the movement seems slower (as being heavy), there are days suddenly I become a lag spike, and after it the game appears to have the "delay", where the opponents appear or are viewed in one place but are not there, they are somehow displaced from the position. Also while the "delay" reaction in the game takes more time as when you press reload and the time it takes to react.It often happens that Either the the higher ping players are displaced and low ping players aren't, or vice-versa.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Fri 29 Dec , 2017 3:11 am

Server lag when player joins is back