Delayed...

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Delayed...

Post by iRobot » Fri 06 Jun , 2014 1:10 pm

Do you play from an SSD or an old brick?

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Fri 06 Jun , 2014 1:27 pm

Intel 530 SSD, but old mATX motherboard only does SATA II.

I can see I'm going to get tempted into re-casing around a decent ATX, but I'm loathed to fork out for a copy of Win8.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 06 Jun , 2014 1:35 pm

It is a game from 2003, any SSD would give the same performance, regardless of SATA bandwidth.

Was just curious!

Nardaq_NL

Post by Nardaq_NL » Sat 07 Jun , 2014 12:04 am

try pingplotter standard select LDG server IP and keep it running in the background for a few days

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Thu 12 Jun , 2014 2:33 am

Recently read something about UT2004 hit detection.
When we figured that out, Lotus wrote some correction code, to try and minimize those off-target shots from happening. However, I do not think the code was kept, for balance reasons. (Obviously, if those flick shots are hitting as accurately as they should be, as opposed to the default behavior in UT2004, that would significantly increase the power of the affected weapons.) Plus, it didn't work flawlessly anyway. The theory there is that the netcode changes that caused the inaccuracy aren't in the unrealscript code, but in the native engine code, and therefore aren't fixable. "We can only try and hack our way around it.”
Further on, this was mentioned.
The mod you linked on Wormbo's homepage actually doesn't function. As far as I know the only working version of ping compensation was included with some version of UTPlus, but not the one with source released on his webpage.
More can be read here: http://tinyurl.com/TheUT2004Grail

Also, the fix for low mouse sampling rate:
Setting: Mouse Sampling Rate - Found in User.ini under [Engine.PlayerInput]. This setting is the interval, in seconds, at which the game will sample input from the mouse. For optimum smoothness it is suggested you want this sample rate to be even with the rate at which your mouse reports to your computer. To calculate this, divide 1 by your mouses refresh rate.

[Engine.PlayerInput]
MouseSamplingTime=0.001 = 1000hz input
MouseSamplingTime=0.002 = 500hz input
MouseSamplingTime=0.008 = 125hz input

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 24 Apr , 2017 7:19 am

proof wrote:Well then, why do I not get the full 65536 but only ~756 for each axis (@2.75 sensitivity)? Is it because the mouse cant recognize any smaller movements and therefore higher sensitivity = less rotation positions? Or is that just a bug with my installation?
Heres a Video of what I mean:
(side note: Im standing in the middle of a 256-sided cylinder with "rmode 1" to make things clearer)
I finally found the fix for this, set ingame mouse sensitivity to 1.00 and:
MouseX=Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0
MouseY=Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0
and adjust your DPI accordingly. UT2004's interpolation is absolute horseshit and should not be touched.

In addition, you can set mouse sens to 2 and the MouseX/Y to 1. It appears to be an inverse relationship.