Delayed...

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Re: Delayed...

Post by Butcher » Fri 21 Mar , 2014 5:59 pm

BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:nah, but I appreciate your effort. I ordered a new mouse now with a lot more dpi since the one Im using is from 2005 and looks pretty run-down too. We will see how it turns out :)
which one you ordered? I use a Razer Naga with lots of buttons :)... is super cool cause I have aiming and reload and all the modes from there (and wep selection too), no need to take the hand off the movement keys :)..
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Fri 21 Mar , 2014 6:44 pm

DPI is the distance, not the quality of the sensor.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 21 Mar , 2014 7:03 pm

lez b fukin honest

DPI is a marketing ploy to sell gaming mice. It doesn't matter what DPI it has.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 21 Mar , 2014 8:00 pm

@Butcher: I ordered the Logitech G500s. Main priority was that the new mouse has the same shape like the one I use right now (MX518). And if I got that right then its the newest from Logitech with that shape.

@Calypto, iRobot: I know dpi means dots per inch and I also know that if I increase dpi my mouse moves faster. But before I ordered the mouse I tried something ingame. I was playing with the 800 dpi setting and 2.75 sensitivity for the past years. After I used the 1600 dpi setting and 1.25 ingame sensitivity (= roughly same mouse speed) those "gaps" became smaller. So... you see where this is going. But I will find out tomorrow. Anyway, like I already said the current mouse is totally run-down. The buttons still all work after 4 years of usage but even the paint is coming down already... means it was time for a new mouse anyways. So if the issue stays with the new mouse thats alright. Ive been having this issue for years but I was able to play just fine :P
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 21 Mar , 2014 8:35 pm

Here is a video which shows the difference. 400 dpi & 5.00 sensitivity vs 1600 dpi & 1.25 sensitivity. The mouse speed feels exactly the same but the crosshair moves alot smoother with the second set up. Btw without fraps recording the screen the difference is even bigger.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 21 Mar , 2014 10:19 pm

DPI above a certain useful threshold is a marketing ploy.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sat 22 Mar , 2014 3:58 pm

Okay, so I got the new mouse a few hours ago, tried it and set everything up. Im going to play with 2000 dpi and 1.0 sensitivity now. I would even play with 0.25 sensitivity and 8000 dpi but the minimum sensitivity for menus is 1.0, so I will stick with that for ingame aswell. The crosshair movement is indeed alot smoother to what I was used to, however its a little bit weird though since Ive been playing with mouse acceleration for the past 10 years (lol) and since yesterday I been playing without. But I guess its just a matter of time until I get used to it.

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Sat 22 Mar , 2014 6:47 pm

Are gaming mice really worth it? what do they offer that you can't get on standard ones?

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sat 22 Mar , 2014 8:03 pm

A couple of extra buttons + software to (for example) save macros on them.
A higher dpi which seems to be more useful than I thought.
And a solid quality unlike those 10 buck mice which stop working after half a year.

And to be honest, if you arent totally broke you dont give a shit if you pay 10 or 50 bucks for a mouse.

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Sat 22 Mar , 2014 8:41 pm

hmm i think i will buy one for extra buttons,thanks