Ashlin - Team Killing...

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Cryflex

Ashlin - Team Killing...

Post by Cryflex » Wed 18 May , 2016 4:03 am

Hi,

So, with my previous "accusations" I apparently never had proof, so this time I have proof in form of videos and you can check the logs.

Time: 19:45 and 19:54 GMT
Map: HeavenRace

Video 1: https://vid.me/j5jp as you can see it starts and Ashlin says "prove it" because he had just killed my car by closing the door at the objective, he then tried to kill me when I was at the edge so I started recording. He then decides to shoot me, I turn round to let you all see that it is only him around and he does it multiple times until I fall off and die.

Video 1: https://vid.me/cUYQ I come back with a new bender and passengers so I didn't get door-killed again and coming up the last slope he decides to nudge our car on purpose with a plane, we fall down and as you can see it shows that he killed us in chat so he can't try and say someone different shot us.

Hopefully you deem this good enough proof, Please ask him to stop doing this.

Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Ashlin - Team Killing...

Post by iRobot » Wed 18 May , 2016 9:10 am

It is quite clear. In both instances you see the 'Killed by [TmB]Ashlin' prompt, the first you clearly see them firing rockets at you with the intent to push you off, and in the second video you clearly see the Raptor at the top of the ramp, blocking it.

The multiple instances of the TK, along with the sarcastic and antagonizing comments like 'prove it', should result in a more severe ban than usual for TK I feel.

Not my call though.

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Wed 18 May , 2016 2:13 pm

I asked for proof because with all the chat and counter chat going on it wasn't at all clear what was happening, and I get sick of the neverending 'he said/he said' stuff.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 18 May , 2016 5:29 pm

Confirmed, 1st is a teamkilling incident. Whether 2nd is accidental or deliberate is difficult to tell from the video; however, Ashlin confesses to trying to glitch with the raptor (it can be exited at that point, which teleports the player straight back to the spawn), so unless another admin has a different opinion, I'm going to place a ban for teamkilling and a ban for glitching.
> [TmB]Ashlin: i was trying to get out of the raptor
> [TmB]Ashlin: but you get tele back
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 18 May , 2016 7:34 pm

If there's multiple TK, then I'd give him 7 days instead of 1 for that (resulting in 7+1 days).

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Wed 18 May , 2016 8:47 pm

Satin wrote:I asked for proof because with all the chat and counter chat going on it wasn't at all clear what was happening, and I get sick of the neverending 'he said/he said' stuff.
I know, I wasn't having a go at you. It's just annoying when you're trying to have fun and someone TKs and teamhampers (closing the door on my car) 3 times in 10~ minutes. Really isn't fun especially when it's an achievement to get to the end first haha
iRobot wrote:It is quite clear. In both instances you see the 'Killed by [TmB]Ashlin' prompt, the first you clearly see them firing rockets at you with the intent to push you off, and in the second video you clearly see the Raptor at the top of the ramp, blocking it.

The multiple instances of the TK, along with the sarcastic and antagonizing comments like 'prove it', should result in a more severe ban than usual for TK I feel.

Not my call though.
The second one that I got recorded isn't 100% clear but... you do see that his plane is "idling" around the objective ramp part, what is the likelihood that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time? Who on earth would be idling with any good intention at that part of the map?

It shows that it was him who got the kill on me which is what I waited for. I could certainly understand If the second wasn't accepted as "proof" I pressed record as fast as I could after he hit my car.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Confirmed, 1st is a teamkilling incident. Whether 2nd is accidental or deliberate is difficult to tell from the video; however, Ashlin confesses to trying to glitch with the raptor (it can be exited at that point, which teleports the player straight back to the spawn), so unless another admin has a different opinion, I'm going to place a ban for teamkilling and a ban for glitching.
> [TmB]Ashlin: i was trying to get out of the raptor
> [TmB]Ashlin: but you get tele back
Yeah, I realise that the second one isn't very clear, being that he had just purposely tked me do you not think that the second is the same?

I personally don't understand how that's glitching, could you explain? (Either way, I don't think he deserves a day ban for that part)
Izumo wrote:If there's multiple TK, then I'd give him 7 days instead of 1 for that (resulting in 7+1 days).
As someone who disagrees with long bans and being the accuser, I'd only say he deserves a 2 day ban but you guys are the rule makers so yeah, just thought I'd say to let you know where I stand.

Thanks though :)
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 18 May , 2016 10:18 pm

It's a glitch because the physics volume can eject you from the prison raptor, hence you can fly straight to the objective and open the garage. That's why I'm leaning towards the second being accidental; I don't doubt that he hit you, but I suspect he was attempting to glitch whilst doing so.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Wed 18 May , 2016 10:33 pm

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:It's a glitch because the physics volume can eject you from the prison raptor, hence you can fly straight to the objective and open the garage. That's why I'm leaning towards the second being accidental; I don't doubt that he hit you, but I suspect he was attempting to glitch whilst doing so.
I see, thanks for explaining. I didn't understand the glitch so couldn't work out what was so bad :P

"A leopard doesn't change its spots", He'd just killed me once & killed my car once... the fact he replies with "what happened" and playing dumb when he knows exactly what happened instead of "sorry" makes me doubt he was actually trying to glitch.

It appears this accusation has upset Taries, I'm now a snitch :( awww.

Ashlin

Post by Ashlin » Thu 09 Jun , 2016 12:00 pm

Hahaha Cryflex, the killing of the bender by closing the door was prompted by you attempting to take my win (I drove the hell bender to the object, but you refused to get out and open the door). The second team kill was because you were purposely goading me, telling me to team kill you (I might be remembering you saying anything wrong) however you definitely stood on the edge of the building, encouraging me to shoot you.

This reply isn't me trying to get you banned, I am trying to explain why I did what I did (I admit to the raptor glitch).
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Satin

Post by Satin » Thu 09 Jun , 2016 1:04 pm

There is no 'my win' it's a team game, if you can't be part of a team go play a single player game.